GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Second Life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/05/05 at 09:30
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
[URL]http://secondlife.com/#[/URL]

Anyone heard of this? Looks quite interesting, allowing you to design and build, well, basically anything according to the blurb. It looks like a cross between the sims (but with direct control) and Gary Mod for Half Life 2.

I'm tempted to sign up for the $9.95 lifetime trial, just to have a look, although I think it's main purpose is to make real world cash for the developers and rich kids with nothing better to do.
Thu 26/05/05 at 18:17
Regular
"Captain to you."
i meant take it back to their store
Thu 26/05/05 at 17:13
Regular
He got it from SR can't you read?
Thu 26/05/05 at 11:30
Regular
"Captain to you."
I suggest you take it back to the shop you go it from is it's faulty.
Thu 26/05/05 at 11:23
Regular
"cod disc 1 not work"
PLEASE PLEASE help
COD will not play single player mode keep getting the message..
[U]PLEASE INSERT THE CORRECT CD-ROM,SELECT OK AND RESTART APPLICATION[U]

Also its not a copy as I bought from Special reserve
NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I PUT THE DISC IN I GET THE SAME MESSAGE
Please help
theslab
Thu 26/05/05 at 11:10
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> Chippxero wrote:
> but i would want to be prettier.
>
> Quoted for posterity.

Ahahahhaha.
Thu 26/05/05 at 11:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Chippxero wrote:
> but i would want to be prettier.

Quoted for posterity.
Thu 26/05/05 at 11:01
Regular
"Captain to you."
i think once it develops a bit more it could be quite good, but i would want to be prettier.
Thu 26/05/05 at 10:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Fiery Salamander wrote:
> It allows you to create anything you want but you have to pay a
> subscription fee for the land to place them on :(

Yeah, going up to US$195 dollars a month for an island. As I've mentioned, it looks to be a toy for rich kids and so far, every avatar I've seen is either a sultry lass or a vector Nathan Barley.

Perhaps I'll not bother. I can smell the pretentiousness a mile off. "Oh, I'm a fashion designer" Whoopy doo.
Thu 26/05/05 at 10:42
"For the horde!!!!"
It allows you to create anything you want but you have to pay a subscription fee for the land to place them on :(
Thu 26/05/05 at 10:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I like the way most of the screenshots are of sexy cyber-ladies, like they're going to give you head if you sign up. Looks cool though, and the sandbox feature sounds excellent. Bit graphically retarded, an you can only really experience it with the Premium account ($9.99 per month), but if you've got a tenner spare, it could be cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.