GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SRW Promo: Grandprix talks about the Elimination Chamber"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/10/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It’s been a rocky road for the new CAW Champion Grandprix, even if he hasn’t even defended his title once. It’s been a weird run into Breakdown. Grandprix wins the title and everyone wants a shot. Grandprix is willing to offer a shot to anyone that earns it but Anarchy has other ideas. It was Anarchy’s rampage and his wish to be champ that led to the announcement of the Elimination Chamber match at Breakdown. Grandprix’s first, and maybe last, title defence will be at Breakdown so will there be a new champion?

‘The Chain’ plays out in the arena and Grandprix appears on the stage to wild cheering. He raises the Tag and CAW titles above his head and then walks down the ramp, letting the fans touch the belts and he shakes some of the fans hands. Grandprix finally manages to get to the ring and is handed a microphone.

“So, here we are. The final Eclipse before SRW’s big Pay-Per-View extravaganza, Breakdown. To say this PPV is an important one for me is an understatement. It’s more than likely that I’ll have to do double duty at Breakdown defending both the Tag and CAW titles. Needless to say, I’m ready!”

(The crowd are pleased with that)

“Now, why am I down here today? It’s the first ever Elimination Chamber match in SRW and I’m stepping in there as champion. The pressure is all on me to prove why I’m the champion. I gave everything I had in the Hell In A Cell match at Spun Out and it wasn’t enough but I worked so hard after the injuries I sustained from that match that I feel I deserve to carry these belts.

The Elimination Chamber is there to strike fear in the weak hearted. There is no place to hide, there is no escape. Any normal person would be nervous. Yes, I’m nervous but it’s not going to paralyse me. My Formula 1 background helps me turn these nerves into an advantage. The adrenaline will be pumping and I will give it my all, as I do in every match. If I end up losing, I will work and I will learn and I will come back stronger.

Recent developments and recent matches have given us the participants. There are no longer just 5 other wrestlers in the match, there are 6. 6 others and myself battling for the most coveted prize in wrestling. Do they deserve it? That’s not my place but I have my history with them.

I’ll start with Hawk. Hawk, we’ve had our rivalries in the past. We battled anywhere and everywhere for that Hardcore title and now we’ve moved that step higher and are battling for the CAW title. You walked out of that Hell In A Cell match as champion and I won it off you. We can put on one heck of a show and I look forward to locking horns with you again, even if you did attack me earlier tonight.

Scotty, you’ve had the most title shots out of everyone in SRW and you have not won the big one. Why? I don’t know but it could be your night. I will do everything to stop you and add to your frustration of not winning the big one.

Stone Edge, our paths may not have crossed that much but I know what kind of impact you have made since you joined. Are you ready to step to the highest level? Only time will tell.

Cong Man, you are indeed a legend in SRW. Young wrestlers can learn everything they need from you. It will be an honour to step into the same ring with you once again and I hope that one day, I’ll be a legend like you. I’ll show you respect but I’m going all out for victory.

Reaver, we may not see eye to eye but I’ve found some respect for you over recent weeks. You kept true to your word and even if you felt totally humiliated, I respect you more for not taking the easy way out. Hopefully, your injury will clear up and we’ll settle this feud in the ring.

Finally, Anarchy. Creating waves is one thing, riding them to success is another. Going in, it’s been all Anarchy V Reaver. I think everyone, including yourself, is forgetting that I am the champion, I’m the main to beat and I will do everything to make sure that your words come back to haunt you. You’re an unknown quantity but I’ve done my homework, I just hope you have done yours.

It’s down to me to be ready. It’s down to me to prepared for every eventuality. I’m ready, how about all of you?”

Grandprix drops the mic and heads through the crowd. Some hard hitting words there. It all comes together at Breakdown!

(Sorry if the quality is poor)
Sun 05/10/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Yep, good promo. There should be a DoA one up later before I post the Break-Down card. :)
Sun 05/10/03 at 11:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yah, very nice, did exactly what was needed. {:)
Sat 04/10/03 at 20:52
Regular
Thought you would :)
Sat 04/10/03 at 20:50
Regular
Okay let's stop spamming up Matteh M'hoo's thread.

Oh, and I'm reported you last post too ;c)
Sat 04/10/03 at 20:44
Regular
:cD

*reports Scott's post* :cP
Sat 04/10/03 at 20:39
Regular
Excellent stuff Matteh M'hoo.

My promo is half done and is starting to suck. Starting to suck like Scott at a male nudist camp.
Sat 04/10/03 at 20:31
Regular
Nice promo Matt, hopefully each participant in the EC can write one of these style promos.
Sat 04/10/03 at 16:58
Regular
"bWo > You"
Yes, I agree with Lipe - a nice idea running through each competitor, and showing respect for them was a similarly good touch. Well played. GP
Sat 04/10/03 at 16:56
Regular
I thought it was a pretty good promo :) Really sets the scene for GP, he said a little about every particapant in the EC. Nice stuff GP.
Sat 04/10/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It’s been a rocky road for the new CAW Champion Grandprix, even if he hasn’t even defended his title once. It’s been a weird run into Breakdown. Grandprix wins the title and everyone wants a shot. Grandprix is willing to offer a shot to anyone that earns it but Anarchy has other ideas. It was Anarchy’s rampage and his wish to be champ that led to the announcement of the Elimination Chamber match at Breakdown. Grandprix’s first, and maybe last, title defence will be at Breakdown so will there be a new champion?

‘The Chain’ plays out in the arena and Grandprix appears on the stage to wild cheering. He raises the Tag and CAW titles above his head and then walks down the ramp, letting the fans touch the belts and he shakes some of the fans hands. Grandprix finally manages to get to the ring and is handed a microphone.

“So, here we are. The final Eclipse before SRW’s big Pay-Per-View extravaganza, Breakdown. To say this PPV is an important one for me is an understatement. It’s more than likely that I’ll have to do double duty at Breakdown defending both the Tag and CAW titles. Needless to say, I’m ready!”

(The crowd are pleased with that)

“Now, why am I down here today? It’s the first ever Elimination Chamber match in SRW and I’m stepping in there as champion. The pressure is all on me to prove why I’m the champion. I gave everything I had in the Hell In A Cell match at Spun Out and it wasn’t enough but I worked so hard after the injuries I sustained from that match that I feel I deserve to carry these belts.

The Elimination Chamber is there to strike fear in the weak hearted. There is no place to hide, there is no escape. Any normal person would be nervous. Yes, I’m nervous but it’s not going to paralyse me. My Formula 1 background helps me turn these nerves into an advantage. The adrenaline will be pumping and I will give it my all, as I do in every match. If I end up losing, I will work and I will learn and I will come back stronger.

Recent developments and recent matches have given us the participants. There are no longer just 5 other wrestlers in the match, there are 6. 6 others and myself battling for the most coveted prize in wrestling. Do they deserve it? That’s not my place but I have my history with them.

I’ll start with Hawk. Hawk, we’ve had our rivalries in the past. We battled anywhere and everywhere for that Hardcore title and now we’ve moved that step higher and are battling for the CAW title. You walked out of that Hell In A Cell match as champion and I won it off you. We can put on one heck of a show and I look forward to locking horns with you again, even if you did attack me earlier tonight.

Scotty, you’ve had the most title shots out of everyone in SRW and you have not won the big one. Why? I don’t know but it could be your night. I will do everything to stop you and add to your frustration of not winning the big one.

Stone Edge, our paths may not have crossed that much but I know what kind of impact you have made since you joined. Are you ready to step to the highest level? Only time will tell.

Cong Man, you are indeed a legend in SRW. Young wrestlers can learn everything they need from you. It will be an honour to step into the same ring with you once again and I hope that one day, I’ll be a legend like you. I’ll show you respect but I’m going all out for victory.

Reaver, we may not see eye to eye but I’ve found some respect for you over recent weeks. You kept true to your word and even if you felt totally humiliated, I respect you more for not taking the easy way out. Hopefully, your injury will clear up and we’ll settle this feud in the ring.

Finally, Anarchy. Creating waves is one thing, riding them to success is another. Going in, it’s been all Anarchy V Reaver. I think everyone, including yourself, is forgetting that I am the champion, I’m the main to beat and I will do everything to make sure that your words come back to haunt you. You’re an unknown quantity but I’ve done my homework, I just hope you have done yours.

It’s down to me to be ready. It’s down to me to prepared for every eventuality. I’m ready, how about all of you?”

Grandprix drops the mic and heads through the crowd. Some hard hitting words there. It all comes together at Breakdown!

(Sorry if the quality is poor)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.