GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unofficial SRW Promo: Benoit takes matters into his own hands… Written by LL Cool TT"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/10/03 at 13:11
Regular
"bWo > You"
Unofficial SRW Promo: Benoit takes matters into his own hands…
Written LL Cool TT

*Camera shows Chris Benoit pacing around in an indiscriminate parking lot*

Benoit: Van Dam, this is it – my last title shot for three months… Sunday… BreakDown… I’ve faxed you the contract back, Rob, hope you like it… so it means that I’m in. I’m game. And I’m going to win. I know what you’ll say – you’ve beaten me in every title match we’ve had since our little tiff began. That’s true, Rob, that is… true…

*Benoit continues to pace around*

Benoit: But now you’ve pulled your biggest trick, haven’t you? The Blue Hell Series! I like it, honestly I do, but I have only one problem with it – it’s flawed. Flawed in the sense that you appear to be promoting athletic wrestling contests, and yet there are no rules, not even a mention, of your precious bWo clique. That’s sloppy match-making, Rob, it really is, I hoped for more from you. Y’see, Van Dam, each time we’ve met in a title match, it’s been those Blue sons of b**ches who have screwed me out of what I feel should have been mine! I’m not having this time, Rob, oh no! I’m not taking the chance of leaving it to your venerable self, I’m not that stupid!

*Benoit pauses, breathes in deeply, and sits down on the bonnet of a car, staring into the camera*

Benoit: So I’ve decided to change things a little. You’ve got your championship momentum behind you, you’ve also not got two other people to defeat in different matches, either. You could go as far to say that you’ve tipped the scales somewhat in your favour. So what have I done? Just tried to balance them out a little more.

*Benoit smiles his toothless grin at the camera*

Benoit: This SRW Title means a Hell of a lot to me. It means more to me than it does to you, that I know, Rob. I was the first ever SRW World Heavyweight Champion… God, I even remember how good the belt smelled. That smell of gold… that smell of… victory. Since I lost it, it’s been my objective to get it the Hell back around my waist, and you’ve not just prevented from doing that, Van Dam, you’ve mocked me for it. I’m not going to use typical wrestling hyperbole, here – you haven’t ruined my life. You haven’t made it a living Hell. If you asked all those wrestlers who have said that at one point or another, 99% would lying if they said they were telling the truth. I’d be the same – no one wrestler has ever ruined my life. Try getting a broken neck, then taste what the end of your career is like! That’s a living Hell, not someone calling you incompetent on national television. Perhaps you could learn that, Rob – people just don’t care about your little childish insults anymore. They care about good wrestling, they care about the spots, the holds, the spills, the f**k-ups, not some juvenile 30 year-old saying someone else is inadequate in some way. Just… just behave like the champion that you are, for God’s sakes!

*Benoit becomes restless and again paces around, speaking as he walks*

Benoit: Ever since I first caught glimpse of the professional wrestling industry, I’ve wanted to be a champion. I’ve wanted to be THE champion. Not many people agree with Triple H, but he was right when he said that you only compete to get to the top, and be the champ… I’ve lived my life by that idea, and I’m not going to be stopped by you, Van Dam! You have soiled the almost sacrosanct position of champion, Van Dam, and I can only hope that you’re happy with yourself! When I watched wrestling, when I first started out in the business, the champion was the most respected person on the roster, and do you know why? Because he’d act with dignity – sure, he was still allowed to shoot his mouth about this or that, but he would respect the other wrestlers in his weight division, and they’d respect him in turn. He wouldn’t interrupt in number one contenders matches, he wouldn’t insult and deliberately infuriate his rivals, and he damn sure wouldn’t cheat to win a match! That was the way it was, that was the way it should be! But ever since Vince McMahon has had his senile little finger on the button, wrestlers are now hating one another. They’re going out there to deliberately injure people. That, Rob, is just not wrestling! McMahon tells you to assault your fellow wrestlers in any way possible, and you seem to like it! Well I don’t. Simple as that. And this time, Rob, this time – I won’t have to put up with it. You know why? Well that’s the best part.

*Benoit stops, still standing, in front of the camera*

Benoit: Van Dam, as soon as I had had my lawyer study that contract, and as soon as I had read it myself, I knew what I was going to do. So I went to the SRW top brass with that very contract in hand. I had noticed that you made no reference to the prevention of the bWo interfering in our match, which I then drew the officials’ attention to. They told me that there would be security to stop that happening, but Hell, there’s always security – when was the last time you saw a wrestling broadcast free of run-ins, huh? Yeah, my thoughts exactly, Rob. They sympathised, but said that there was little they could do. I left the room, disappointed with my lack of progress on the issue, but then it came to me – like a bolt out of the blue… no pun intended. I talked briefly with my lawyer about my suggestion – it’s expensive, said he, to which I replied with “I can afford it, trust me.” I went to the officials again, they didn’t look pleased to see me. And I told them what I was proposing – they didn’t go wild about it, let me put it that way. But after I had reassured them that I would pay for any damages or extensive bills, they agreed to fork out.

*Benoit smiles again into the camera, enjoying the suspense*

Benoit: Rob, I’ll cut to the chase – I asked them to hold our match outside the arena. Yep… but not a parking lot brawl-style idea, there, no way! I don’t play with those toys. And we won’t be pulling off moonsaults from trees or buildings or anything like that, Chris, so don’t worry. But we will be outside of the main arena – and fighting in another. That’s right, Rob – we’re going to finally see who’s better than the best, because where we’re going, there’s gonna be nobody to interrupt our business. The arena’s not big, but it’s big enough… I don’t know, you may have wrestled there before, I know I have at some stage. The arena will be empty – there are going to be just seven people in the entire building: you, me, Chris Jericho, Steve Corino, Earl Hebner, and two bodyguards to prevent any of you bWo scum helping out your buddy. There’s nothing you can do to weasel out of this one, Rob, you’re going to have to go it alone. We’ll find out, at long last, who is better than who – because that’s what it’s all about, right Rob? Good.

*Benoit starts to walk off-camera, but stops and comes back into focus*

Benoit: Oh, and just so you know where to go, I’ll give you some directions… let me see… it’s a place on the corner of Swanton and Ritner Street… used to be a bingo hall at one stage. Yeah, the Viking Hall, that’s it, nestled in downtown Philadelphia. If you need to ask anyone for directions, just say “ECW Arena”!

*Benoit walks off-camera*
Sun 05/10/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Good promo. I've got a feeling that Benoit might get the *upset* victory... ;) Or maybe not... :)
Sun 05/10/03 at 11:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
Kewl idea, very original as always from LL.

Can't wait for the SRW Title main event at BreakDown.
Sat 04/10/03 at 16:50
Regular
Great promo, nice idea there with the ECW Arena but I still think Benoit is gonna lose. It's just too many matches.
Sat 04/10/03 at 14:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, the odds were heavily stacked and now they are just stacked against Benoit. :D

It was a very good promo leading to the no interference clause and the 'ECW Arena'. It will be a wierd atmosphere I would guess. Benoit still has to win 3 matches to become champion again.
Sat 04/10/03 at 13:22
Regular
"bWo > You"
Post-Promo notes

The reason that it was going to be so expensive for Benoit to hire out the extra arena isn't because of the actual rent money, but because of the fact that SRW are going to wire up some impressive audio-visual stuff so that all the fans' reactions are fed through into the ECW Arena, keeping a sort of atmosphere for the match. Also, cmaeras are going to be placed all over the arena, without camera men - they'll be operated remotely.

The important thing is not to worry about the atmosphere of the match, or the logistics - they're easily handled. What is important is to give Benoit a fighting chance of winning the belt, as he has got the odds stacked considerably against him. This hasn't evened it out, of course, but it means that there will be no interference in the match - I'm hoping that the situation doesn't look totally hopeless for Benoit.
Sat 04/10/03 at 13:11
Regular
"bWo > You"
Unofficial SRW Promo: Benoit takes matters into his own hands…
Written LL Cool TT

*Camera shows Chris Benoit pacing around in an indiscriminate parking lot*

Benoit: Van Dam, this is it – my last title shot for three months… Sunday… BreakDown… I’ve faxed you the contract back, Rob, hope you like it… so it means that I’m in. I’m game. And I’m going to win. I know what you’ll say – you’ve beaten me in every title match we’ve had since our little tiff began. That’s true, Rob, that is… true…

*Benoit continues to pace around*

Benoit: But now you’ve pulled your biggest trick, haven’t you? The Blue Hell Series! I like it, honestly I do, but I have only one problem with it – it’s flawed. Flawed in the sense that you appear to be promoting athletic wrestling contests, and yet there are no rules, not even a mention, of your precious bWo clique. That’s sloppy match-making, Rob, it really is, I hoped for more from you. Y’see, Van Dam, each time we’ve met in a title match, it’s been those Blue sons of b**ches who have screwed me out of what I feel should have been mine! I’m not having this time, Rob, oh no! I’m not taking the chance of leaving it to your venerable self, I’m not that stupid!

*Benoit pauses, breathes in deeply, and sits down on the bonnet of a car, staring into the camera*

Benoit: So I’ve decided to change things a little. You’ve got your championship momentum behind you, you’ve also not got two other people to defeat in different matches, either. You could go as far to say that you’ve tipped the scales somewhat in your favour. So what have I done? Just tried to balance them out a little more.

*Benoit smiles his toothless grin at the camera*

Benoit: This SRW Title means a Hell of a lot to me. It means more to me than it does to you, that I know, Rob. I was the first ever SRW World Heavyweight Champion… God, I even remember how good the belt smelled. That smell of gold… that smell of… victory. Since I lost it, it’s been my objective to get it the Hell back around my waist, and you’ve not just prevented from doing that, Van Dam, you’ve mocked me for it. I’m not going to use typical wrestling hyperbole, here – you haven’t ruined my life. You haven’t made it a living Hell. If you asked all those wrestlers who have said that at one point or another, 99% would lying if they said they were telling the truth. I’d be the same – no one wrestler has ever ruined my life. Try getting a broken neck, then taste what the end of your career is like! That’s a living Hell, not someone calling you incompetent on national television. Perhaps you could learn that, Rob – people just don’t care about your little childish insults anymore. They care about good wrestling, they care about the spots, the holds, the spills, the f**k-ups, not some juvenile 30 year-old saying someone else is inadequate in some way. Just… just behave like the champion that you are, for God’s sakes!

*Benoit becomes restless and again paces around, speaking as he walks*

Benoit: Ever since I first caught glimpse of the professional wrestling industry, I’ve wanted to be a champion. I’ve wanted to be THE champion. Not many people agree with Triple H, but he was right when he said that you only compete to get to the top, and be the champ… I’ve lived my life by that idea, and I’m not going to be stopped by you, Van Dam! You have soiled the almost sacrosanct position of champion, Van Dam, and I can only hope that you’re happy with yourself! When I watched wrestling, when I first started out in the business, the champion was the most respected person on the roster, and do you know why? Because he’d act with dignity – sure, he was still allowed to shoot his mouth about this or that, but he would respect the other wrestlers in his weight division, and they’d respect him in turn. He wouldn’t interrupt in number one contenders matches, he wouldn’t insult and deliberately infuriate his rivals, and he damn sure wouldn’t cheat to win a match! That was the way it was, that was the way it should be! But ever since Vince McMahon has had his senile little finger on the button, wrestlers are now hating one another. They’re going out there to deliberately injure people. That, Rob, is just not wrestling! McMahon tells you to assault your fellow wrestlers in any way possible, and you seem to like it! Well I don’t. Simple as that. And this time, Rob, this time – I won’t have to put up with it. You know why? Well that’s the best part.

*Benoit stops, still standing, in front of the camera*

Benoit: Van Dam, as soon as I had had my lawyer study that contract, and as soon as I had read it myself, I knew what I was going to do. So I went to the SRW top brass with that very contract in hand. I had noticed that you made no reference to the prevention of the bWo interfering in our match, which I then drew the officials’ attention to. They told me that there would be security to stop that happening, but Hell, there’s always security – when was the last time you saw a wrestling broadcast free of run-ins, huh? Yeah, my thoughts exactly, Rob. They sympathised, but said that there was little they could do. I left the room, disappointed with my lack of progress on the issue, but then it came to me – like a bolt out of the blue… no pun intended. I talked briefly with my lawyer about my suggestion – it’s expensive, said he, to which I replied with “I can afford it, trust me.” I went to the officials again, they didn’t look pleased to see me. And I told them what I was proposing – they didn’t go wild about it, let me put it that way. But after I had reassured them that I would pay for any damages or extensive bills, they agreed to fork out.

*Benoit smiles again into the camera, enjoying the suspense*

Benoit: Rob, I’ll cut to the chase – I asked them to hold our match outside the arena. Yep… but not a parking lot brawl-style idea, there, no way! I don’t play with those toys. And we won’t be pulling off moonsaults from trees or buildings or anything like that, Chris, so don’t worry. But we will be outside of the main arena – and fighting in another. That’s right, Rob – we’re going to finally see who’s better than the best, because where we’re going, there’s gonna be nobody to interrupt our business. The arena’s not big, but it’s big enough… I don’t know, you may have wrestled there before, I know I have at some stage. The arena will be empty – there are going to be just seven people in the entire building: you, me, Chris Jericho, Steve Corino, Earl Hebner, and two bodyguards to prevent any of you bWo scum helping out your buddy. There’s nothing you can do to weasel out of this one, Rob, you’re going to have to go it alone. We’ll find out, at long last, who is better than who – because that’s what it’s all about, right Rob? Good.

*Benoit starts to walk off-camera, but stops and comes back into focus*

Benoit: Oh, and just so you know where to go, I’ll give you some directions… let me see… it’s a place on the corner of Swanton and Ritner Street… used to be a bingo hall at one stage. Yeah, the Viking Hall, that’s it, nestled in downtown Philadelphia. If you need to ask anyone for directions, just say “ECW Arena”!

*Benoit walks off-camera*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.