GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP Question :: Scanlines..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/10/03 at 11:31
Regular
Hey guys, little old me needs a wee bit of help.

I've been asking people this at another forum for ages, and nobody has given me a straight answer. One person said they used a program (Candy something...) but nobody else could help me, as they all use Photoshop.

How do I add scanlines using Paint Shop Pro?

I've just been fiddling about with images that I have made in an attempt to add scanline; no luck so far.

Anyone care to help me?
Fri 03/10/03 at 11:31
Regular
Hey guys, little old me needs a wee bit of help.

I've been asking people this at another forum for ages, and nobody has given me a straight answer. One person said they used a program (Candy something...) but nobody else could help me, as they all use Photoshop.

How do I add scanlines using Paint Shop Pro?

I've just been fiddling about with images that I have made in an attempt to add scanline; no luck so far.

Anyone care to help me?
Fri 03/10/03 at 13:23
Regular
"..."
Stop using paint shop pro and get photoshop. I could tell you how to do it in photoshop, i dont think anyones uses psp professionly do they?
Fri 03/10/03 at 13:33
Regular
"cachoo"
You can download scanline brushes on some sites. Just do a search on Google and search for psp brushes. Other than that you can make them I suppose and save it as a pattern. That's if it's the same as Photoshop.
Fri 03/10/03 at 13:43
Regular
"cachoo"
Ms NY wrote:
> Other than that you can make them
> I suppose and save it as a pattern.

Yes.. You already knew that! :s
Fri 03/10/03 at 13:45
Regular
"cachoo"
Here's a link which'll show you how to make 'em.
You can thank me later. ;)

http://www.pinoy7.com/psptutorials/tv.htm
Sat 04/10/03 at 13:48
Regular
Darkus wrote:
> Stop using paint shop pro and get photoshop. I could tell you how to
> do it in photoshop, i dont think anyones uses psp professionly do
> they?

I can't stand Photoshop. I'm too used to PSP now. But still, what cool things can I do with PS that I can't do with PSP? I use PS at school for the first time last week, I made a pretty decent crisp packet. It was good for my first ever PS image.

Ms NY wrote:
Some helpful tips etc

Thanks for the site, I done managed to do it. It made my image look 10 times better.
Sun 05/10/03 at 01:33
Regular
"cachoo"
DW  wrote:
> But still, what
> cool things can I do with PS that I can't do with PSP? I use PS at
> school for the first time last week, I made a pretty decent crisp
> packet. It was good for my first ever PS image.

There's your answer.

Maybe.

Your school computers have PS? You're too lucky!! We only ever had the usual basic stuff. Boring.
Sun 05/10/03 at 12:38
Regular
"\\"
We have PS at our school and i have PS and PSP on my computer at home. PSP sucks in my opinion, it's too fiddly
Sun 05/10/03 at 12:50
Regular
My schools getting PS soon, although the AS/A level students arent actually being taught how to use it, only the GNVQ students, and I guess the years below too. I am reasonably experienced with Photoshop but it would be nice to be taught how to use it properly. Although to be honest I very much doubt the teachers in my school are better than me even after seeing some of their attempts in various things.
Sun 05/10/03 at 17:07
Regular
We have Macromedia Suite too. All of the programs work fine.

I've asked the IT teacher to get PSP and he said maybe. I asked him to get DW and he did, so maybe he'll be able to get PSP/AS3 too.

I didn't like PS when I used it, as I've already said, I'm too used to PSP. But the outcome was still good enough to go towards my GCSE Art & Design Coursework.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.