GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which Tiger Then?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/10/03 at 10:39
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Right,

I know you lot think the world of Tiger Woods 2003,

But I don't like golf games..or so I thought. The power bars etc seem tyo have disappeared, and there may even be skill involved now.

Was playing a Demo of the 2004 version and have some questions.

What difference is there between 2004 amd 2003? (Apart from price - Cheaper the better in my book)

I'm wanting the Xbox version.
Fri 03/10/03 at 10:39
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Right,

I know you lot think the world of Tiger Woods 2003,

But I don't like golf games..or so I thought. The power bars etc seem tyo have disappeared, and there may even be skill involved now.

Was playing a Demo of the 2004 version and have some questions.

What difference is there between 2004 amd 2003? (Apart from price - Cheaper the better in my book)

I'm wanting the Xbox version.
Fri 03/10/03 at 10:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I think the new one has a career mode that lasts ten years, or something like that. 2003 was just so addictive. Played it constantly for weeks :)
Fri 03/10/03 at 11:02
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Ta mate;

So there isn't a Career mode on 2003, or is it just a single season etc.

May well get 2004 then. Just I can opuick up 2003 for £20 and 2004 will still be £40.

Spent about 3 hours doing the fours holes in the Demo last night.

Managed to eagle all but one (australia - wallaby park?) at times last night.
Fri 03/10/03 at 11:40
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
How does TW2004 work if there's no power bars then? Do you have to gauge it just from the swing or something? After Mario Golf proving to be very poor, I'd like some top golfing action (though I'm still holding out hope for the GBA version getting back to the original serie's GBC brilliance).

Anyone ever play the original Sim Golf (not the build a course, more recient title of the same name)? In it you controlled everything with the mouse, so you pulled back on the mouse for the backswing and then forward again... well, I'm sure you get it. And left/right deviences causes hook/slicing - it was a pretty good system.
Fri 03/10/03 at 12:36
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
On Tiger Woods 2003, during your swing, you tap L1 (PS2 Version) like mad and then complete the swing. In the bottom corner is the picture of a ball and when you tap L1, it turns red from the middle to the outer edge. The more red on the ball, the further you hit it.

If that makes sense...
Fri 03/10/03 at 15:31
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> How does TW2004 work if there's no power bars then?

First you can choose whereabouts to hit the ball, and it tells you the power that you should hit the ball (100% etc), Then you swing away. Its just about judging the swing really. Thats what I like about this particular one, its judgement, not just swinging at the right power on the bar.
Mon 06/10/03 at 10:27
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Bought 2004 for £30

Sat down and played it for about 12 hours yesterday (as I have flu and can't move)

Its solid, additive and quite quite brilliant.

I currently have four sponsers and five tour wins and I've just recorded my first double eagle...

Only done one Tiger Tracking Trophy Ball though - they are tough (I managed 14 Birdies in a round for that one).

Rookie of the year shall be mine.
Mon 06/10/03 at 15:05
Regular
"relocated"
I thought this was going to be about that stupid magician who got eaten by his tiger.
Mon 06/10/03 at 15:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Or the one they found in that Noo Yoik apartment.
Mon 06/10/03 at 15:09
Regular
"relocated"
That's where I'd hide if I'd just eaten a magician.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.