GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"text on banners with logos?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/06/09 at 16:28
Regular
I have just built my website - BRILLIANT piece of kit very impressed but I have added a pic for my banner and a logo.
I want to add text to the banner as well as the picture and the logo?

Just being a bit thick perhaps but does anyone know how / if this can be done?
Cheers
kangarooboi
Sat 20/06/09 at 17:57
"Are you sure?"
Hi kangarooboi, welcome to the forums!

I created my 'banner' (using Macromedia Fireworks but you can use any graphics editor) to get it looking as I wanted it. This way you can add any text and images etc.

But it looks as if you can also add text to your logo/banner using the option within "Design" > "Banner Image and logo" > "Web site logo". You can then add your text as required...

NB. It's worth mentioning your query relates to Freeola's 'Instant Sites' when you post any questions as Freeola websites don't have to use this service :¬)

My Freeola Instant Site

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 20/06/09 at 17:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The kit is not really able to let you do that. The header of the page (logo included) is one set file i believe and will be static throughout the site pages.

If you wanted to have a different logo per page for example this would not be possible.

You could try adding the logo to the content of the page rather than the header? Although how this would look on the site is unknown to me so you would have to make that decision yourself.
Sat 20/06/09 at 16:28
Regular
I have just built my website - BRILLIANT piece of kit very impressed but I have added a pic for my banner and a logo.
I want to add text to the banner as well as the picture and the logo?

Just being a bit thick perhaps but does anyone know how / if this can be done?
Cheers
kangarooboi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.