GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Once Upon A Time In Meh-hee-co"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/10/03 at 19:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Went to see it with a friend yesterday, who for some reason has developed a love of Johnny Depp films. She'd actually already seen OUATIM (catchy) once, but she wanted to see it again so I went.

Basically Depp steals the show. It would be pretty pants without him. In fact, it was still pretty pants, but quite enjoyable when he was on screen nevertheless.

I don't know if the used the same fight choreographer or whatever as M:I-2, but it had the same throw-anything-that-looks-cool-into-the-shot-whether-it 's-coherent-or-not feel to the fight scenes. And a lot of it was just stupid gadgetry, like the guitar that is a gun. But works fine as a guitar. And has a built in amp. Then just folds and shoots like a sawn off. And the guitar with a remote control and wheels.

Plus a lot of the plot seemed to be unnecessary or just ridiculous. Or nonsensical. And every time Antonio Banderas comes into view a guitar solo suddenly plays. Bar about two times in the film. I'm not even kidding. He just walks into shot and the same cheesy riff blares out. I couldn't contain my laughter by the end.

Not too bad overall, but unless the could find someone else to do Depp's character justice it would be awful.
Fri 03/10/03 at 12:02
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Goatboy wrote:
> So a shotgun guitar and radio controlled guitar is ok, but kung-fu
> fighting in a kitchen isn't?
>
> *scratches head*

No, that was my point in the original post - all those guitar things are bloody stupid. I didn't enjoy that at all.
Fri 03/10/03 at 09:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Blank wrote:
> He doesn't actually say "I made that up", he says that it
> might have become exaggerated over time. And I'm prepared to believe
> that it was true, considering the Tyco RC guitar and other bits.
--

So a shotgun guitar and radio controlled guitar is ok, but kung-fu fighting in a kitchen isn't?

*scratches head*
Thu 02/10/03 at 20:06
Regular
"Party Hard"
I'm seeing it on Saturday.

I thought Desperado was awesome, so will I like this one???
Wed 01/10/03 at 20:49
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
He doesn't actually say "I made that up", he says that it might have become exaggerated over time. And I'm prepared to believe that it was true, considering the Tyco RC guitar and other bits.

"This should tide us both over for a while. Now #### off"
Wed 01/10/03 at 19:25
Regular
You do realise the shotgun-guitar scene was the barkeep embelishing the storyline? He says so after it cuts back to him and Depp at the table.

I liked it. But you're right, Depp did make it. I especially liked the scene with him and the bubblegum kid. The first one.
Wed 01/10/03 at 19:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Went to see it with a friend yesterday, who for some reason has developed a love of Johnny Depp films. She'd actually already seen OUATIM (catchy) once, but she wanted to see it again so I went.

Basically Depp steals the show. It would be pretty pants without him. In fact, it was still pretty pants, but quite enjoyable when he was on screen nevertheless.

I don't know if the used the same fight choreographer or whatever as M:I-2, but it had the same throw-anything-that-looks-cool-into-the-shot-whether-it 's-coherent-or-not feel to the fight scenes. And a lot of it was just stupid gadgetry, like the guitar that is a gun. But works fine as a guitar. And has a built in amp. Then just folds and shoots like a sawn off. And the guitar with a remote control and wheels.

Plus a lot of the plot seemed to be unnecessary or just ridiculous. Or nonsensical. And every time Antonio Banderas comes into view a guitar solo suddenly plays. Bar about two times in the film. I'm not even kidding. He just walks into shot and the same cheesy riff blares out. I couldn't contain my laughter by the end.

Not too bad overall, but unless the could find someone else to do Depp's character justice it would be awful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.