GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grandia 3 - must see video"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grandia III'.
Sun 29/05/05 at 17:06
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
amongst this storm of next gen consoles, i think it's easy to forget that the current consoles still have life left in them. Personally, i consider the PS2 to have the most life left in it, with games such as ff12, Soul Calibre 3 and God of War still to be released. My most anticipated game for the PS2 is Grandia 3 though. u can download a trailer for this beauty from ign:

[URL]http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/738/738153/vids_1.html[/URL]

when i watched this i had to keep reminding myself that its a PS2 game, because visually its absolutely stunning. it's being produced by square enix too, which means its likely that it will get a PAL release (fingers crossed) i hope they include a real time battle system, similar to the one used in grandia 2, although with square enix at the helm it's not impossible for them to switch to turn based.
Mon 30/05/05 at 13:10
"period drama"
Aahaha. Gotta love those random dungeons.
Yeah, good idea fellas.

Oh, also the sound doors make when they open and close.
Very annoying.
Mon 30/05/05 at 13:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Mainly the total linearity, the terrible, bland dungeons and enemies,
> and most of all the utterly rubbish, confusing, annoying
> near-top-down camera angle.

Indeed, that's why i don't rate it near my favourites. I liked the battle system just a shame i had to go into dungeons that made Dark Cloud look like it had a huge variation.
Mon 30/05/05 at 13:02
"period drama"
Well, my actual enjoyment of the game rates higher than anything.
It was like the story was written in illegible handwriting and terribly punctuated - still a good story, but very hard to enjoy or get into.

Mainly the total linearity, the terrible, bland dungeons and enemies, the slowest, most tediously paced talky bits I've ever had to sit through and most of all the utterly rubbish, confusing, annoying near-top-down camera angle.

See what I mean?

And the battle system wasn't all that amazing.
Mon 30/05/05 at 12:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Meh i'll get the American version anyway so can't say it bothers me if Europe gets it or not. Yay for importing
Mon 30/05/05 at 12:52
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
forgive my ignorance. but aren't storyline and battle system the two most important factors in an RPG? i mean sure everybody loves nice graphics and voice acting or whatever, but for most rpg fans im sure storyline is the most important factor, followed by battle system. it just seems odd that u like both these aspects of the game but dislike the game as a whole =)
personally im a bit annoyed because grandia 2 didn't sell well over here, which could mean grandia 3 may never reach europe. i just hope square enix don't let us down :P
Sun 29/05/05 at 21:13
"period drama"
Quality storyline, quality battle system, one big asspile of a game.
No debate, I win. Hoorah.
Sun 29/05/05 at 20:57
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
debatable =)
Sun 29/05/05 at 17:53
"period drama"
Shame the rest of the game was a bit rubbish.
Sun 29/05/05 at 17:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Looks nice, hopefully will play that way to. Looks like they have gone to the turn based system although most of the shots there were at the start of attacks and spells so it could be like the previous games in the sequel, which i hope it is as i loved that system
Sun 29/05/05 at 17:06
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
amongst this storm of next gen consoles, i think it's easy to forget that the current consoles still have life left in them. Personally, i consider the PS2 to have the most life left in it, with games such as ff12, Soul Calibre 3 and God of War still to be released. My most anticipated game for the PS2 is Grandia 3 though. u can download a trailer for this beauty from ign:

[URL]http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/738/738153/vids_1.html[/URL]

when i watched this i had to keep reminding myself that its a PS2 game, because visually its absolutely stunning. it's being produced by square enix too, which means its likely that it will get a PAL release (fingers crossed) i hope they include a real time battle system, similar to the one used in grandia 2, although with square enix at the helm it's not impossible for them to switch to turn based.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.