GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God bless THQ"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/03/01 at 08:39
Regular
Recently THQ have agreed to distribute both Battle For Naboo, and Indiana Jones for the N64 in March and April.

Both great games, that I didn't want to miss.

Now, they've revealed that they will be distributing Conkers Bad Fur Day in Europe in April.

That's just one month after the US release!

Now if we can just get them to stop the Rugrats games.....
Fri 02/03/01 at 08:39
Regular
"not dead"
Recently THQ have agreed to distribute both Battle For Naboo, and Indiana Jones for the N64 in March and April.

Both great games, that I didn't want to miss.

Now, they've revealed that they will be distributing Conkers Bad Fur Day in Europe in April.

That's just one month after the US release!

Now if we can just get them to stop the Rugrats games.....
Fri 02/03/01 at 14:18
Regular
"not dead"
Speculative release date: 13th April

So that's two weeks after Battle For Naboo, but aren't Banjo Tooie and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine also due for release in April.

Surely not 4 top class Nintendo games released in the space of 1 month!

So are Nintendo going to even release Banjo Tooie over here, or are they going to pass that on as well?

What about Paper Mario?

THQ should make a killing from their good work for the European Market, and I guess it must be helping them to form closer links with Nintendo.

Any chance of getting the WWF titles as Nintendo exclusives?

That would certainly help sell some consoles, but I seriously doubt Nintendo have the kind of money to throw around they'd need to lure THQ away from the Playstation market.
Fri 02/03/01 at 15:14
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
God Bless them indeed, I heard about it on DR.com, I saw 'Nintendo Bail in European Conker!. I hearly cried, I clicked the like and the finally, despite expecting the worst C'sBFD was saved, and now we can all forgive THQ for the dodgy No Mercy game, but yeah, I hope they are full time distributors, I mean WOW! U.S Release +1 month!!! This could be the answer that UK N-Siders have been looking for!!! Hopefully we will get the games pretty quickly, I want Banjo and Conker, I have played the PC version of IJ: TIM and I have yet to see anything BIG about the battle for Naboo, but this is very relieving news!

The Game
Fri 02/03/01 at 15:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
On the other hand we may have to wait a while whilst they modify the start-up screens and change the Box art!!!

The Game
Fri 02/03/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I was speaking to some special reserve guy on the phone yesterday and he said that he wasn't sure who would be releasing/publishing the game but he did say that it would be out at the end of March....

The Game....Again!!
Fri 02/03/01 at 16:13
Regular
"Whatever!"
That is the best thing I have heard all week!! I have CBFD on order now and am counting down the days!! Will have to get Star Wars and Indiana Jones aswell once they are released - Brilliant!!
Fri 02/03/01 at 16:56
Regular
I'm getting Star Wars, dunno about Conker :(
Sat 03/03/01 at 18:53
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
What was going on with that?...

Why did we need THQ to releasae the games over here?... Why didnt Nintendo whant to do it?... Especially since its seems to be a very British game?!?!
Sat 03/03/01 at 19:51
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its not that Nintendo didn't want to do it, its the fact that most shops have decreased N64 stands and some have completely disappeared. Nintendo know we are here so I spose that ok. But CBFD is going to be in a THQ box and not a RARE box!!

WWAAAHHH
Sat 03/03/01 at 20:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I was just readin the ShopSmart's description of the N64, which claimed it was a creaking, aged machine with little or no life left in it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.