GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stan Collymore Coming Out of Retirment???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/09/03 at 11:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If rumours are to be believed, former-Liverpool, Aston Villa and Leicester striker Stan Collymore could be on-his-way back into the beautiful game - as a player - after 2-years out of the game with an "unexpected" retirment.

Nothing's definite, but the 32-year-old has said he is willing to pack-in his Radio-jobs to get back to the good old playing days, with any English club; no matter how-high or how-low a division.

Once again, we see that the lure of Football is too strong to keep you away, once you've tasted it in all it's glory.

The only thing stopping him from an immediate-return to Football could be this long-running situation he has with Spanish side Oviedo, which STILL hasn't been sorted out, after he walked-out on them, 2-years-ago.

Chances are, he will never be the same player as he was during his days with Liverpool - or even after that, maybe. At only 32, there's still life in him yet, but 2 years works-out at 24-months... And that's a long, long time to have not even kicked a football!

I'd still like to see what he can do, though...

I also wished he had never retired in the first-place. And that both he and Emile Heskey had remained at Leicester, together, to form what looked quite possibly to be one of the most potentially-dangerous strike-forces in the Premiership, at the time.

I only really saw the 2 together for one-game, but they looked fantastic together. Emile knew where Stan was, and Stan knew exactly where Emile was - which is why "The Foxes" went-on to win that Live-on-Sky game by quite a margin. And they could easily have had more!

But then it all went pear-shaped. And both players soon went their own, seperate ways...

I can only dream of what the 2 could've been like for England, with Alan Shearer's international-retirement taking-effect, back then... But, sadly we will never know how great it could've been.

England could've been on their way to bigger-things right now - even with Kevin Keegan in-charge! And who knows, maybe Emile Heskey would actually be doing MORE in a penalty-box, right now, that good old David Blaine...!

But we will never know.

Still, it would be good to see what he can still do, don't you think?
Mon 29/09/03 at 11:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If rumours are to be believed, former-Liverpool, Aston Villa and Leicester striker Stan Collymore could be on-his-way back into the beautiful game - as a player - after 2-years out of the game with an "unexpected" retirment.

Nothing's definite, but the 32-year-old has said he is willing to pack-in his Radio-jobs to get back to the good old playing days, with any English club; no matter how-high or how-low a division.

Once again, we see that the lure of Football is too strong to keep you away, once you've tasted it in all it's glory.

The only thing stopping him from an immediate-return to Football could be this long-running situation he has with Spanish side Oviedo, which STILL hasn't been sorted out, after he walked-out on them, 2-years-ago.

Chances are, he will never be the same player as he was during his days with Liverpool - or even after that, maybe. At only 32, there's still life in him yet, but 2 years works-out at 24-months... And that's a long, long time to have not even kicked a football!

I'd still like to see what he can do, though...

I also wished he had never retired in the first-place. And that both he and Emile Heskey had remained at Leicester, together, to form what looked quite possibly to be one of the most potentially-dangerous strike-forces in the Premiership, at the time.

I only really saw the 2 together for one-game, but they looked fantastic together. Emile knew where Stan was, and Stan knew exactly where Emile was - which is why "The Foxes" went-on to win that Live-on-Sky game by quite a margin. And they could easily have had more!

But then it all went pear-shaped. And both players soon went their own, seperate ways...

I can only dream of what the 2 could've been like for England, with Alan Shearer's international-retirement taking-effect, back then... But, sadly we will never know how great it could've been.

England could've been on their way to bigger-things right now - even with Kevin Keegan in-charge! And who knows, maybe Emile Heskey would actually be doing MORE in a penalty-box, right now, that good old David Blaine...!

But we will never know.

Still, it would be good to see what he can still do, don't you think?
Wed 01/10/03 at 20:10
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Stan Collymore was a quality player at Liverpool, and only showed some of it at Villa.

I'd like to see him at Walsall, where Paul Merson is playing. I think he'll only need a few matches to settle down.

He can't be worse than Akinbiyi.
Tue 07/10/03 at 16:09
Regular
"Great Scott's"
he wants to go to southend his old club.
Tue 07/10/03 at 17:06
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I hope he can gain some sort of consistency after his sabattical- he had very poor form at Leicester And Bradford.

but now he's slipped down the leagues it should be a bit easier...
Tue 07/10/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Better Than You"
Der Nazi wrote:
> I hope he can gain some sort of consistency after his sabattical- he
> had very poor form at Leicester And Bradford.
>
> but now he's slipped down the leagues it should be a bit easier...

He only scored one good goal for Bradford City from what I can remember, and that was a great over head kick goal against Leeds United in the Premiership and that game ended 1 - 1, and we scored our goal first! :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.