GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boudica."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/09/03 at 11:43
Regular
"That's right!"
That spelt right? Ah, who cares?

So, did anyone see this last night? Urgh... it was terrible. Why bother going to all the trouble of making it when you make it badly?

It was partly crap because they seemed to shun battle sequences for dialogue.

"Let's attack London!"
"OK!"

*waits for fighting*
*no fighting*

"Wow, that sure was a great battle for London."
"Yes. Yes, it was."

Terrible. The editing and directing was flat out awful in places, and Billy Elliot's dad using the force to pull swords out of the water? Wait, it wasn't the force, it was reversed footage. That old trick! Terrible.

I honestly cared more about Braveheart and The Patriot, and we were the bloody bad guys in those films! Here, you have low budget costumes, cockney speaking Romans, a lot of talk about it being "our land" and, despite being two hours long, a whole lot of NOTHING happening.

Look, the Romans are here. Oh, a guy in Rome is boning his mother, and wants to take over the empire. Oh, wait, they want slaves from the British village. Oop, they've captured some of their women. Oop, they've flogged Boudica and raped her daughters. Oh, one of the daughter's Roman boyfriends has killed himself... rather than save her. Oh, look, now everybody wants a fight. Wait, where's the fighting? Is that it? You've just stolen two hours of my life! You call that an ending?!

And they promised nudity. All I saw was this mopey, annoying teenager banging his mum. Nasty. I'm glad ITV are funded by companies who want to sell us stuff, because if I was paying them to produce rubbish like this, I'd want to lynch them.
Mon 29/09/03 at 20:39
Regular
"That's right!"
According to the nerds at moviemistakes.com, the timeline is way off. Stuff like the emporer dying, Nero (the mummy boning moron) taking over and Boudica rebelling were nowhere near each other.

And Billy Elliot's dad pulled swords out of the water by magic.... MAGIC!
Mon 29/09/03 at 15:50
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:
> Most ginger women resemble badly singed orangutans.

Saw a film yesterday (24-7) which was pants but it did have that non-Vinnie Jones hard nut from Lock Stock in it who gave Bob Hoskins £150 saying;

"here's an Orang-utan ".

"What's an Orang-utan?"

"It's a serious monkey".
Mon 29/09/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Most ginger women resemble badly singed orangutans.
Obviously not your mum though.
Mon 29/09/03 at 14:44
Regular
"gibbon"
ok it wasnt that great but it told the truth. it shows us a bit of our history. and all ginger women arnt evil. im not ginger myself but mymam is so leave it out.
Mon 29/09/03 at 13:25
Regular
You should of watched American Pie.

It contained nudity.
Mon 29/09/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Thankfully I didn't watch the turgid pile of rubbish.
Mon 29/09/03 at 13:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That battle that Boudica finally lost there were +100000 people on her side. I seemed to see less than 100 following her. Alright so I don't expect ITV to hire 100000 people but come on, what an awful awful waste of two hours that was.

And the ending was stupid
Mon 29/09/03 at 12:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Further proof, if needed, that all ginger women are evil.
Mon 29/09/03 at 12:10
Regular
"That's right!"
I thought it might be on the same level of bed scenes as Moll Flanders. Obviously I was wrong. Even dirty, annoying teenager only did his mum once.
Mon 29/09/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Well then it's your fault.
I read your posts, and if I can't see any comically-named chums then I wander off and try to goad people into a 300+ reply argument.

Underworld really sucked, I'm actually annoyed I wasted 2hrs of my life in that cinema.

Boudecia looked awful, glad I missed that

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.