GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official SRW Promo: RVD (AfroJoe), LL Cool TT and the bWo explain their plans for BreakDown, including who RVD will face for the SRW Title Written by LL Cool TT"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/09/03 at 14:06
Regular
"bWo > You"
Official SRW Promo:
RVD (AfroJoe), LL Cool TT and the bWo explain their plans for BreakDown, including who RVD will face for the SRW Title
Written by LL Cool TT

*bWo logo on-screen gradually fades to show the members of the bWo in a dingy basement-lounge-type room, sitting on sofas etc. The camera focuses on RVD*

RVD: Hey everybody, it’s your favourite wrestler, and current and reigning SRW champion, Rob Van Dam! Don’t forget, I’m not just the champ for myself; I’m the champ for all you people in SRW land! Me and the guys have been thinking recently about who I should face at our next PPV, Breakdown.

Jericho: I thought Spike Dudley had done well lately.

*burst out in laughter*

RVD: (while high-fiving Jericho) Yeah, man, but there’s been someone even more impressive in this promotion who I think deserves a shot at my gold.

Corino: Jimmy Snuka?

RVD: That’s the guy! No, I’m just ribbing you guys! Chris Benoit, I’ve gotta admit, man – you’ve impressed me lately. No, honest to the big man upstairs, Chris, you’ve done well as of late. So, do I reward you with yet ANOTHER shot, when there are so many other guys out there who haven’t faced RVD? I tell you what, Crippler, you will get another shot at the belt, BUT I make the rules.

*bWo cheer Van Dam*

Corino: Rob’s had the gold for so long now that he’s forgotten what true competition feels like, right Rob?

*Van Dam nods*

Corino: So he’s got a match so ingenious that only a champ could have thought of it – but don’t think it’s gonna be some WWE-style gimmicky match, we’ve got no mud wrestling planned for this.

Jericho: Now Benoit, you’ve impressed. But you’ve never won the big one, have you? No you haven’t, so that’s something you’ll be wanting to change already. However, you’re not only going to get you’re 75th shot at the one, the only RVD, you’re going to be a pioneer of an entirely new match.

LL Cool TT: Think back, Benoit, if you will, a couple of years back. Back when Austin and Triple H were feuding, before that Two Man Power Trip garbage walked in, there was a match – the Three Stages of Hell, they called it. Basically a two out of three falls match, but with a speciality match for each fall. Novel, yeah? But we have something much, much better for you. Let me explain. You pull up to the arena, you’re psyched up, but wait! How psyched up are you, Chris? You better have a lot of emotion pumping through those large veins of yours, because you’re not having just the one match, Chris, uh-uh! That’d be too easy, don’t you think? So instead of one, you get… three. Three matches. Not three falls, my friend, no way. Three out and out proper matches, against Chris Jericho, Steve Corino, and your champion and mine, Rob Van Dam.

Corino: We’re going to put you through your paces, Benoit. We’re going to test you to your limits! “But how?” you ask. Let me tell you – RVD, being the great guy that he is and all, has allowed me and Chris to pick our own stipulations for our matches you. I’ve picked something that’ll really test your athletic abilities – a no-DQ match with a new twist – it’s a 2-count match. That means that I only have to pin you to the mat for a count of 2 to win the match – clever, ain’t it?

Jericho: My match, Chris, is similarly superb in concoction. It’s so simple, yet so, so brilliant. There are gonna be no huge and unnecessary steel structures – no foreign objects, or any native objects for that matter. The ring stays as the ring. But you don’t win by pinning me to the mat. I figured that there has to be another way of one wrestler proving his strength to the other. Then I got it – it suddenly came to me: it’s been done before, but not like this. The first person to hit a certain move, wins. What move? I tried to pick something different; something rare. Something like: a moonsault. A simple moonsault. First one out of you and me to hit that move cleanly, wins the match.

RVD: I bet you’re loving this so far, Benoit. But wait – there’s more! You’ve still got my match to find out about! And continuing the theme of simplicity, I’ve got a good one for you. Earning a pinfall over another wrestler is usually something that takes skill, honour, precision, excellent timing – but there are some out there, you included Chris, that will do anything to cheat their way to a quick victory. A pinfall is something that can be easily gained if you can cheat your way to it. But then, I had a thought. What about two pinfalls? I don’t think you can steal two pinfalls, can you? Perhaps you can, I don’t know.

Corino: I bet you could, Rob.

RVD: Really?

Corino: Oh yeah.

RVD: OK, well then it’s good that I’ve thought of a match that should stop that. Y’see, Benoit, in a normal match, you just need one pinfall. But in MY match, you’re going to need… two. Benoit, I know what you’re thinking: “I can easily cheat my way to two falls.” But tell me, Chris, can you cheat your way to two STRAIGHT falls? That’s right: in order to win this match, one of us is going to have to pin the other two straight times. Let’s say you beat me-

bWo: What?!

RVD: Yeah, I know it’s not gonna happen, guys, but let’s just say it did – let’s say you steal one over me, Chris. Then, if I pin you, which is HIGHLY likely, then I can win by getting one more pinfall, whereas you have to get two in a row. You can only win by getting the two straight falls.

LL Cool TT: Let’s put this in perspective, Benoit. First match is against the King of Old School, Steve Corino – Two Count Match, no-DQ. If you win that, you go through to face the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah, the Highlight of the Night, Chris Jericho, in a Moonsault Match. Should you win that, then your final challenge is against the Whole F’n Show, Mr. Pay Per View, the SRW World Heavyweight Champion, Rob Van Dam, in a Proof of the Pride match – two straight falls are needed to get the win. Should you somehow manage to fight your way through the Blue Hell Series, then you truly are worthy of holding the SRW championship. But there’s just one more thing you need to know. Rob?

RVD: Chris Benoit, the Blue Hell Series is monumental for numerous reasons. However, one of these reasons is that this is what is known as the ‘Feud Breaker’. After this match, it’s in the contract that we are banned from competing against one another for 3 months. No matches for three months – that means I’ve surrendered by rematch clause, and so will you if you sign to the match. So what do you say, Benoit? LL faxed you a copy of the contract already, so get back to us when you can. And don’t forget, if you agree to this match, you’re going up against the King of Old School, the Highlight of the Night, and the Whole F’n Show – Rob… Van… Dam!

*bWo logo fades into screen as promo ends*

OK, so the match at SRW BreakDown is this:

Chris Benoit's Blue Hell Series for the SRW Heavyweight Championship

First Match:

No-DQ Two Count Match:
Chris Benoit vs. Steve Corino

Second Match:

Moonsault Match:
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

Final Match:

Proof of the Pride Match:
Chris Benoit vs. Rob Van Dam

Benoit has to win each match to progress to the next one. There will be a 1 minute break in between each match, as each will take place one after the other. Enjoy.
Sun 28/09/03 at 20:50
Regular
"bWo > You"
Yeah, Jae, I've actually started to write that match, but once the PPV's over, and the champion (whoever that is) will feud with a new wrestler, someone else will have to write the storyline from there, as I've got AJ Styles and Sabu to write a feud for.
Sun 28/09/03 at 20:43
Regular
Heh, Jae's really getting into this PPV organising business :)
Sun 28/09/03 at 20:41
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Yah. Top promo bringing across a top stipulation for a top match at Break-Down... :D And you want to write that, yeah?
Sun 28/09/03 at 17:44
Regular
Nice promo LL Cool and a great idea for the SRW title.

Benoit's sure got his work cut out to get to RVD.
Sun 28/09/03 at 16:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
Excellent, I'm loving it. :D This is, Benoit (Grandprix)'s final shot at the title...it looks impossible, but y'never know.

Can't wait for this, the feud's been going for months now, gonna be brutal I'm sure. :D

Nice one LL.
Sun 28/09/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Better Than You"
Oooh, Benoit is going to have a tough time, probably won't get the title, well thats if he goes on to fave RVD!!!
Sun 28/09/03 at 15:27
Regular
Great idea LL. There is no way Benoit is winning the title, IF he gets to the 3rd match he'll be too worn out, it's just not possible, maybe in 3 months, Benoit.
Sun 28/09/03 at 15:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Oh my! That is one tough series for Benoit to win the title. Very inventive. Benoit will have to learn to hit a moonsault. :)

Just for the record, Benoit has won the title before. He was the first to have the title infact. He lost it to Kane, won it back and lost it to Kane again. He hasn't had it since.

This PPV is really sounding great at the moment.
Sun 28/09/03 at 14:06
Regular
"bWo > You"
Official SRW Promo:
RVD (AfroJoe), LL Cool TT and the bWo explain their plans for BreakDown, including who RVD will face for the SRW Title
Written by LL Cool TT

*bWo logo on-screen gradually fades to show the members of the bWo in a dingy basement-lounge-type room, sitting on sofas etc. The camera focuses on RVD*

RVD: Hey everybody, it’s your favourite wrestler, and current and reigning SRW champion, Rob Van Dam! Don’t forget, I’m not just the champ for myself; I’m the champ for all you people in SRW land! Me and the guys have been thinking recently about who I should face at our next PPV, Breakdown.

Jericho: I thought Spike Dudley had done well lately.

*burst out in laughter*

RVD: (while high-fiving Jericho) Yeah, man, but there’s been someone even more impressive in this promotion who I think deserves a shot at my gold.

Corino: Jimmy Snuka?

RVD: That’s the guy! No, I’m just ribbing you guys! Chris Benoit, I’ve gotta admit, man – you’ve impressed me lately. No, honest to the big man upstairs, Chris, you’ve done well as of late. So, do I reward you with yet ANOTHER shot, when there are so many other guys out there who haven’t faced RVD? I tell you what, Crippler, you will get another shot at the belt, BUT I make the rules.

*bWo cheer Van Dam*

Corino: Rob’s had the gold for so long now that he’s forgotten what true competition feels like, right Rob?

*Van Dam nods*

Corino: So he’s got a match so ingenious that only a champ could have thought of it – but don’t think it’s gonna be some WWE-style gimmicky match, we’ve got no mud wrestling planned for this.

Jericho: Now Benoit, you’ve impressed. But you’ve never won the big one, have you? No you haven’t, so that’s something you’ll be wanting to change already. However, you’re not only going to get you’re 75th shot at the one, the only RVD, you’re going to be a pioneer of an entirely new match.

LL Cool TT: Think back, Benoit, if you will, a couple of years back. Back when Austin and Triple H were feuding, before that Two Man Power Trip garbage walked in, there was a match – the Three Stages of Hell, they called it. Basically a two out of three falls match, but with a speciality match for each fall. Novel, yeah? But we have something much, much better for you. Let me explain. You pull up to the arena, you’re psyched up, but wait! How psyched up are you, Chris? You better have a lot of emotion pumping through those large veins of yours, because you’re not having just the one match, Chris, uh-uh! That’d be too easy, don’t you think? So instead of one, you get… three. Three matches. Not three falls, my friend, no way. Three out and out proper matches, against Chris Jericho, Steve Corino, and your champion and mine, Rob Van Dam.

Corino: We’re going to put you through your paces, Benoit. We’re going to test you to your limits! “But how?” you ask. Let me tell you – RVD, being the great guy that he is and all, has allowed me and Chris to pick our own stipulations for our matches you. I’ve picked something that’ll really test your athletic abilities – a no-DQ match with a new twist – it’s a 2-count match. That means that I only have to pin you to the mat for a count of 2 to win the match – clever, ain’t it?

Jericho: My match, Chris, is similarly superb in concoction. It’s so simple, yet so, so brilliant. There are gonna be no huge and unnecessary steel structures – no foreign objects, or any native objects for that matter. The ring stays as the ring. But you don’t win by pinning me to the mat. I figured that there has to be another way of one wrestler proving his strength to the other. Then I got it – it suddenly came to me: it’s been done before, but not like this. The first person to hit a certain move, wins. What move? I tried to pick something different; something rare. Something like: a moonsault. A simple moonsault. First one out of you and me to hit that move cleanly, wins the match.

RVD: I bet you’re loving this so far, Benoit. But wait – there’s more! You’ve still got my match to find out about! And continuing the theme of simplicity, I’ve got a good one for you. Earning a pinfall over another wrestler is usually something that takes skill, honour, precision, excellent timing – but there are some out there, you included Chris, that will do anything to cheat their way to a quick victory. A pinfall is something that can be easily gained if you can cheat your way to it. But then, I had a thought. What about two pinfalls? I don’t think you can steal two pinfalls, can you? Perhaps you can, I don’t know.

Corino: I bet you could, Rob.

RVD: Really?

Corino: Oh yeah.

RVD: OK, well then it’s good that I’ve thought of a match that should stop that. Y’see, Benoit, in a normal match, you just need one pinfall. But in MY match, you’re going to need… two. Benoit, I know what you’re thinking: “I can easily cheat my way to two falls.” But tell me, Chris, can you cheat your way to two STRAIGHT falls? That’s right: in order to win this match, one of us is going to have to pin the other two straight times. Let’s say you beat me-

bWo: What?!

RVD: Yeah, I know it’s not gonna happen, guys, but let’s just say it did – let’s say you steal one over me, Chris. Then, if I pin you, which is HIGHLY likely, then I can win by getting one more pinfall, whereas you have to get two in a row. You can only win by getting the two straight falls.

LL Cool TT: Let’s put this in perspective, Benoit. First match is against the King of Old School, Steve Corino – Two Count Match, no-DQ. If you win that, you go through to face the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah, the Highlight of the Night, Chris Jericho, in a Moonsault Match. Should you win that, then your final challenge is against the Whole F’n Show, Mr. Pay Per View, the SRW World Heavyweight Champion, Rob Van Dam, in a Proof of the Pride match – two straight falls are needed to get the win. Should you somehow manage to fight your way through the Blue Hell Series, then you truly are worthy of holding the SRW championship. But there’s just one more thing you need to know. Rob?

RVD: Chris Benoit, the Blue Hell Series is monumental for numerous reasons. However, one of these reasons is that this is what is known as the ‘Feud Breaker’. After this match, it’s in the contract that we are banned from competing against one another for 3 months. No matches for three months – that means I’ve surrendered by rematch clause, and so will you if you sign to the match. So what do you say, Benoit? LL faxed you a copy of the contract already, so get back to us when you can. And don’t forget, if you agree to this match, you’re going up against the King of Old School, the Highlight of the Night, and the Whole F’n Show – Rob… Van… Dam!

*bWo logo fades into screen as promo ends*

OK, so the match at SRW BreakDown is this:

Chris Benoit's Blue Hell Series for the SRW Heavyweight Championship

First Match:

No-DQ Two Count Match:
Chris Benoit vs. Steve Corino

Second Match:

Moonsault Match:
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

Final Match:

Proof of the Pride Match:
Chris Benoit vs. Rob Van Dam

Benoit has to win each match to progress to the next one. There will be a 1 minute break in between each match, as each will take place one after the other. Enjoy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.