GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A story about a ghost train"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/09/03 at 13:18
Regular
"not dead"
“Hey Stevie, wanna go on the Ghost Train?” Asked Paul of his younger brother “After all, you are seven now, and I was seven when I first went on.”
“Can I? Can I Mum?” asked Stevie, bouncing on the spot with excitement.
“Okay Stevie, but you stick close to your brother,” replied Mrs. Anderson as she relinquished hold of Stevie’s hand before turning her attention to her older son. “And Paulie, don’t you try to scare him.”

Paul cast an angry stare at his mother. He’d told her time and again not to call him Paulie any more. He was ten now, double-figures, too old for such a childish name. He didn’t stay angry for long though, as Stevie, who was still happy to be a Stevie rather than a Steven, was tugging on his sleeve with the impatience of youth.

As they joined the queue, counting only a few thrill-seekers waiting in line ahead of them, Stevie questioned his brother about the experience they were to share. It was the rapid fire round. “Are there monsters in there? And Ghosts? And bats and rats and deformed cats?”
“Yes Stevie” replied Paul with a smile whilst Stevie took a gulp of air.
“Are there Vampires, and Werewolves and Spiders with eighteen-million-trillion eyes?”
“Yes Stevie, of course there are!”
“Then will we be okay?”
“Sure, the cars have a protective force-field around them, so nothing can get you.”

With that Stevie was silent right up until they reached the front of the queue. A force-field! Fancy that! Stevie was still in a stunned silence when he dropped the two tokens into the hand that was thrust into his face. Paul hopped in first, and Stevie followed, hesitating to take a good look at the green car with the skull painted on the front.
“I don’t see a force field” he whispered after having the safety bar forced into place.
“Well if you could see it” answered Paul with a condescending tone “then it would get in the way of seeing all of the nasty things in here!”

Stevie was satisfied with the answer and relaxed a little before the force of the car starting off jerked him back in his seat. As the car pushed open the doors Stevie felt heart quicken, he didn’t know exactly what he was about to see, but he was sure of one thing. It was going to be amazing.

Paul, however, was far more reserved over the whole experience. Whilst this particular ghost train was new to him, those he had been on before had all been fairly similar. A coffin that opens as you pass it by, witches around a steaming cauldron, luminous yellow bats and spiders painted on the walls. Just because he had seen it all before, he didn’t see the need to deny his brother the experience, especially as it was his birthday. Besides, perhaps this was going to be the one, the Holy Grail, the ghost train that was actually scary.

The doors closed with a slam and the brothers were met with an evil cackle. Starved of natural light, their eyes slowly adjusted to the poorly lit areas they had been brought into.
“Witches!” cried Stevie, pointing to the mannequins in pointy hats. Sure enough they were gathered around a cauldron from which an eerie glow could be seen. Smoke billowed out from it and across the track. Stevie found his vision obscured by it. What was it covering over in the corner? Was that a colony of bats? He craned his head for a better look as the car turned a corner but to no avail. They sure did sound like bats.

A couple of turns later, and a couple of jitter-bugging skeletons, the car emerged into an area made out to resemble a graveyard consisting of a dozen or so graves. As Stevie looked down at them a skeletal hand thrust upwards through the soil. Stevie gasped and threw himself backwards at Paul. Paul rubbed his brother’s hair and gave him a smile. In the weak, artificial light Stevie noticed how bright his brother’s teeth were. And how big… Stevie shook memories of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ from his head as they continued through the graveyard. Looking ahead he could see a coffin. He was sure that he heard Paul chuckle as they approached it. The sound of any chuckle (if there was one) was soon drowned out by the sound of scratching, finger nails on wood. The car slowed down as they drew level with the coffin. The scratching stopped only to be replaced with creaking as the coffin flipped open. Steve turned his head away and buried it into Paul’s shoulder. Stevie had never been happier to be beside his brother when he whispered into his ear “remember the force-field”. Stevie relaxed a little, and turned back to see what had emerged from the coffin. Sat upright was a figure hidden by a black cloak. The arm unhinged to reveal a face as white as bone, open mouthed to reveal fangs dripping with blood.

Paul couldn’t help but be impressed by this it looked almost real. So real, that he was happy to take the hand that Stevie was offering, begging for it to be held. So the witches had been pure cliché, so the dancing skeletons were nothing but cheese, mature cheddar, but the vampire? They’d got it right where it Counts. Paul laughed as the pun passed through his head, and Stevie released the hold on his hand as the car took another turn, ready to go into the next area.

The car begun to slow down again, as it had when they passed the vampire in the graveyard, only this time there was nothing to look at. Around the corner more lights could be seen, but the car wasn’t going to pass them. The car came to a halt just before the track was about to rise.
“What’s wrong?” asked Stevie, remarkably calm thanks to the presence of the force-field.
“Don’t know, we’ll probably start moving again in a minute though” Paul wasn’t as calm as he tried to sound. This had never happened before, and whilst there was every chance that it was going to move again, a nagging doubt hung inside his head.

After a short while sat in silence (barring the faint sound of ghostly wailing) Stevie spoke “do you think it’s a power-cut?”
“Can’t be. The lights are still on, and I’m sure I can hear things still moving back there.”
“What kind of things?” asked Stevie with a quiver in his voice.
“You know, the vampire back there, the skeletons. All that stuff.”
“What, they’re coming after us?”
“No, you know, as they moved when we went past them. Anyway, we’ve got the force-field to protect us.”
“Yes, but that’s not going to work if the car’s broken down, is it?” Stevie was barely able to finish his sentence, his eyes had filled, and the tears began to roll down his face. His breathing was uneasy as he sniveled, trying to hide the fact that he was crying, but failing badly. A for effort, F for achievement.

Paul placed his arm around his sibling “come on, you’re seven now, you’re big and brave, and you don’t need to be scared.”
“You think I’m brave?” asked Stevie, feeling the need to cry subside.
“Course you are, you’re my brother!”
With that Stevie laughed and laid his head on Paul’s shoulder for some time.

Their peace was broken by the sound of shuffling feet.
“What’s that?” asked Stevie, as he moved to an upright position, suddenly very alert.
He pushed on the security bar as Paul turned to see if there was any sign of what was surely approaching them. A beam of light hit the wall. This was followed by a strange gurgling noise.

Blessed with the sight of this, Paul would have recognised it as the sound of a man clearing his throat. Sat in partial darkness with the memory of a very realistic vampire fresh in his mind, it was the sound of something gargling blood. He felt his heart rattle against his rib cage, ready to burst out. He twisted his body back round and kicked at the bar. He caught it just as Stevie had discovered the release catch. It flung open and the boys wasted no time in climbing the slight gradient and heading around the corner.

The sigh of the ride owner when he discovered the empty car was perceived by Stevie as the groan of a blood thirsty beast out to maim and murder. He quickened his pace, and beat his brother into the spider’s lair. He turned his head to look back to see if Paul was still with him, and not being torn to pieces.

“Look out!” cried Paul, but too late for Stevie to react. He turned his head back just in time to see the giant web, but he could do nothing to stop himself running right into it. Glancing up at the ceiling he saw the web’s creator, a huge tarantula. Stevie considered it to be at least as long as he was; it would surely eat him in a couple of bites. Its glowing red eyes were fixed on him, no doubt trying to capture him in a spell. Stevie broke the gaze and tried to move away, but found himself stuck to the web. At that moment Paul reached him.
“Don’t touch it, or you’ll get stuck too!” cried Stevie.

Paul grabbed Stevie’s arm, and gave him a tug. Whilst his upper body came away easily he was connected by his midriff. Paul stopped tugging for a moment, and had a closer look.
“No, your head will get stuck!” shouted Stevie, trying to push him away.
“No Stevie, this isn’t a real web. It’s your belt-buckle; it’s got caught in part of the ropes!”
The first thing Stevie did upon hearing this was to look back at the spider to see how far from taking its first bite it was. When he realised that it hadn’t moved he turned his attention to his belt. He moved his small fingers into the only space available and undid the belt, leaving it where it hung. The spider may not have been real, but whatever had chased them from the car was. Stevie looked back to where he had come from. There was still no sign of what they he heard, but he was sure it was on its way. He turned from side to side, frantic, unsure of which way to head. He felt hands on his shoulders, restricting his movement, but the familiarity of the voice removed any immediate concern for his safety.

“Now follow the tracks” ordered Paul as he pointed out the place where Stevie had gone wrong. “They’re bound to lead us right out of here.”
Paul led the way as the tracks turned a corner to appear on the other side of the web. As they passed beneath the giant tarantula they heard a shout “Hey, you kids!”
Paul turned to see who, or what, had called out, but saw nothing. As he turned back he saw Stevie had started to run and reached out to grab his brother, but was too slow. He too had to break into a sprint in order to catch up. “Stevie!” he called out as he saw him disappear around a corner. Immediately after calling out he heard the sound of an impact, followed by an “oomph” from his brother. Upon arriving at the scene he discovered Stevie on a pile on the floor, having run right into another car. This one was purple, (or it was in that particular light) and was also empty.

Stevie took the hand that Paul was offering and got back onto his feet. As he stood he placed his hand on the car, and then screamed as it touched a sticky, wet patch.
“What?” asked Paul, spooked by his brother’s scream.
“Blood!” gasped Stevie, holding his hand out.
Paul looked at the car, and the spot that Stevie had touched. Sure enough it was wet. Paul touched the patch with his finger. Sure enough it was sticky, much too sticky for blood. Out of curiosity he put his finger to his mouth, and pushed out his tongue to touch it.
“No!” cried Stevie.
“It’s just cola Stevie. Whoever was in the car must have spilt it when they got out. C’mon, let’s get out of here.”

Paul clambered past the car first, and then helped Stevie to squeeze by. They emerged into an area heavily populated by ghosts. Paul saw them for what they were, sheets with eyes painted onto them, but Stevie was again struck dumb. Paul dragged him by the arm “They, are, not, real” spitting out the words as he pulled.

As Paul dragged Stevie beneath the sheets the sound of ghostly wailing and rattling chains was broken by the screech of a car moving along its tracks. Paul turned to see what was happening. At first he thought that the car had started off again of its own accord, that the power had returned, until from behind it he saw a hunched figure, pushing the car out of his way. It was Paul’s turn to freeze in terror.

Stevie took on the role of puller, tugging upon his stationary brother’s arm.
“C’mon Paulie, were almost there!” he called as he continued to pull with little success. He looked back to the car, and the figure emerged from behind it. Stevie’s jaw dropped, and he gave an almighty pull on his brother’s arm, one that had the necessary effect of waking him from his daze.
“Paulie, he’s eaten the carnie and taken on his form!”
Paul took one look at the man, if indeed it was really a man anymore, and turned to run, making sure that Stevie was right with him the whole time.

As they passed the final ghost they finally came to the black doors that signaled the end of the ride. Stevie got there first, but found that his small weight was not significant enough to push the heavy doors open. Paul reached over him to add his own weight, and the door gave way. As the boys fell to the floor the light of the day hit them. Paul looked up to see his mother standing the other side of the barrier waiting for him. For a second he forgot all about Stevie, until he heard his breathless voice. “Help, I’m squashed!”

Paul put his hands down on the floor to push himself up, then felt his weight removed from the floor altogether by another force, that of hands lifting him from behind.

Stevie was on his feet the very second that the weight was lifted from him and ducked through the barrier into his mothers waiting arms. He turned to wait for Paul but was horrified to find him caught by the inhuman carnie, or ‘Fairground Assistant’ as his badge read. Stevie feared the worse for him brother, and was shocked when the monster put him down and guided him through the barrier.

As Paul dusted himself off he took one look at his brother.
“See, I told you none of it was real.” He said as he ruffled Stevie’s hair.
“So you’ll want to go on again once the power’s sorted out?” asked Mum with a smile.
Stevie shook his head, and was happy to see Paul doing the same. “No thanks Mum, maybe when I’m eight!”
Sun 28/09/03 at 22:07
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
That was excellent Ben. Haven't read an SR story of that class in a long long time.

It gets 2 thumbs up from TW. :-)
Sun 28/09/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I thought it was excellent. The description of the experience was wonderful and I felt you captured the age of Paul and Stevie well. it's definitely well worth entering it into a competition.

Well done Meka. :)
Sun 28/09/03 at 20:11
Regular
"not dead"
Thanks for the comments.

I'm thinking of entering this one into a contest, afterall, it'll only cost me the price of postage.
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:13
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> it tugged me into the rest of the solution like a hypnotising
> light...

Who's trying his best to impress Meka?
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:07
Regular
incredible, meka dragon.

it tugged me into the rest of the solution like a hypnotising light...
Sat 27/09/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Excellent, absolutely excellent.

I kept waiting all the way through reading for something not meant to exist to get them. Lovely attention to detail and, age notwithstanding, as I am terrified of Ghost Trains I've discovered that, after that, I still have no intention of going on one.
Sat 27/09/03 at 13:26
Regular
"Not a Jew"
A throughly enjoyable story. A good read.
Sat 27/09/03 at 13:18
Regular
"not dead"
“Hey Stevie, wanna go on the Ghost Train?” Asked Paul of his younger brother “After all, you are seven now, and I was seven when I first went on.”
“Can I? Can I Mum?” asked Stevie, bouncing on the spot with excitement.
“Okay Stevie, but you stick close to your brother,” replied Mrs. Anderson as she relinquished hold of Stevie’s hand before turning her attention to her older son. “And Paulie, don’t you try to scare him.”

Paul cast an angry stare at his mother. He’d told her time and again not to call him Paulie any more. He was ten now, double-figures, too old for such a childish name. He didn’t stay angry for long though, as Stevie, who was still happy to be a Stevie rather than a Steven, was tugging on his sleeve with the impatience of youth.

As they joined the queue, counting only a few thrill-seekers waiting in line ahead of them, Stevie questioned his brother about the experience they were to share. It was the rapid fire round. “Are there monsters in there? And Ghosts? And bats and rats and deformed cats?”
“Yes Stevie” replied Paul with a smile whilst Stevie took a gulp of air.
“Are there Vampires, and Werewolves and Spiders with eighteen-million-trillion eyes?”
“Yes Stevie, of course there are!”
“Then will we be okay?”
“Sure, the cars have a protective force-field around them, so nothing can get you.”

With that Stevie was silent right up until they reached the front of the queue. A force-field! Fancy that! Stevie was still in a stunned silence when he dropped the two tokens into the hand that was thrust into his face. Paul hopped in first, and Stevie followed, hesitating to take a good look at the green car with the skull painted on the front.
“I don’t see a force field” he whispered after having the safety bar forced into place.
“Well if you could see it” answered Paul with a condescending tone “then it would get in the way of seeing all of the nasty things in here!”

Stevie was satisfied with the answer and relaxed a little before the force of the car starting off jerked him back in his seat. As the car pushed open the doors Stevie felt heart quicken, he didn’t know exactly what he was about to see, but he was sure of one thing. It was going to be amazing.

Paul, however, was far more reserved over the whole experience. Whilst this particular ghost train was new to him, those he had been on before had all been fairly similar. A coffin that opens as you pass it by, witches around a steaming cauldron, luminous yellow bats and spiders painted on the walls. Just because he had seen it all before, he didn’t see the need to deny his brother the experience, especially as it was his birthday. Besides, perhaps this was going to be the one, the Holy Grail, the ghost train that was actually scary.

The doors closed with a slam and the brothers were met with an evil cackle. Starved of natural light, their eyes slowly adjusted to the poorly lit areas they had been brought into.
“Witches!” cried Stevie, pointing to the mannequins in pointy hats. Sure enough they were gathered around a cauldron from which an eerie glow could be seen. Smoke billowed out from it and across the track. Stevie found his vision obscured by it. What was it covering over in the corner? Was that a colony of bats? He craned his head for a better look as the car turned a corner but to no avail. They sure did sound like bats.

A couple of turns later, and a couple of jitter-bugging skeletons, the car emerged into an area made out to resemble a graveyard consisting of a dozen or so graves. As Stevie looked down at them a skeletal hand thrust upwards through the soil. Stevie gasped and threw himself backwards at Paul. Paul rubbed his brother’s hair and gave him a smile. In the weak, artificial light Stevie noticed how bright his brother’s teeth were. And how big… Stevie shook memories of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ from his head as they continued through the graveyard. Looking ahead he could see a coffin. He was sure that he heard Paul chuckle as they approached it. The sound of any chuckle (if there was one) was soon drowned out by the sound of scratching, finger nails on wood. The car slowed down as they drew level with the coffin. The scratching stopped only to be replaced with creaking as the coffin flipped open. Steve turned his head away and buried it into Paul’s shoulder. Stevie had never been happier to be beside his brother when he whispered into his ear “remember the force-field”. Stevie relaxed a little, and turned back to see what had emerged from the coffin. Sat upright was a figure hidden by a black cloak. The arm unhinged to reveal a face as white as bone, open mouthed to reveal fangs dripping with blood.

Paul couldn’t help but be impressed by this it looked almost real. So real, that he was happy to take the hand that Stevie was offering, begging for it to be held. So the witches had been pure cliché, so the dancing skeletons were nothing but cheese, mature cheddar, but the vampire? They’d got it right where it Counts. Paul laughed as the pun passed through his head, and Stevie released the hold on his hand as the car took another turn, ready to go into the next area.

The car begun to slow down again, as it had when they passed the vampire in the graveyard, only this time there was nothing to look at. Around the corner more lights could be seen, but the car wasn’t going to pass them. The car came to a halt just before the track was about to rise.
“What’s wrong?” asked Stevie, remarkably calm thanks to the presence of the force-field.
“Don’t know, we’ll probably start moving again in a minute though” Paul wasn’t as calm as he tried to sound. This had never happened before, and whilst there was every chance that it was going to move again, a nagging doubt hung inside his head.

After a short while sat in silence (barring the faint sound of ghostly wailing) Stevie spoke “do you think it’s a power-cut?”
“Can’t be. The lights are still on, and I’m sure I can hear things still moving back there.”
“What kind of things?” asked Stevie with a quiver in his voice.
“You know, the vampire back there, the skeletons. All that stuff.”
“What, they’re coming after us?”
“No, you know, as they moved when we went past them. Anyway, we’ve got the force-field to protect us.”
“Yes, but that’s not going to work if the car’s broken down, is it?” Stevie was barely able to finish his sentence, his eyes had filled, and the tears began to roll down his face. His breathing was uneasy as he sniveled, trying to hide the fact that he was crying, but failing badly. A for effort, F for achievement.

Paul placed his arm around his sibling “come on, you’re seven now, you’re big and brave, and you don’t need to be scared.”
“You think I’m brave?” asked Stevie, feeling the need to cry subside.
“Course you are, you’re my brother!”
With that Stevie laughed and laid his head on Paul’s shoulder for some time.

Their peace was broken by the sound of shuffling feet.
“What’s that?” asked Stevie, as he moved to an upright position, suddenly very alert.
He pushed on the security bar as Paul turned to see if there was any sign of what was surely approaching them. A beam of light hit the wall. This was followed by a strange gurgling noise.

Blessed with the sight of this, Paul would have recognised it as the sound of a man clearing his throat. Sat in partial darkness with the memory of a very realistic vampire fresh in his mind, it was the sound of something gargling blood. He felt his heart rattle against his rib cage, ready to burst out. He twisted his body back round and kicked at the bar. He caught it just as Stevie had discovered the release catch. It flung open and the boys wasted no time in climbing the slight gradient and heading around the corner.

The sigh of the ride owner when he discovered the empty car was perceived by Stevie as the groan of a blood thirsty beast out to maim and murder. He quickened his pace, and beat his brother into the spider’s lair. He turned his head to look back to see if Paul was still with him, and not being torn to pieces.

“Look out!” cried Paul, but too late for Stevie to react. He turned his head back just in time to see the giant web, but he could do nothing to stop himself running right into it. Glancing up at the ceiling he saw the web’s creator, a huge tarantula. Stevie considered it to be at least as long as he was; it would surely eat him in a couple of bites. Its glowing red eyes were fixed on him, no doubt trying to capture him in a spell. Stevie broke the gaze and tried to move away, but found himself stuck to the web. At that moment Paul reached him.
“Don’t touch it, or you’ll get stuck too!” cried Stevie.

Paul grabbed Stevie’s arm, and gave him a tug. Whilst his upper body came away easily he was connected by his midriff. Paul stopped tugging for a moment, and had a closer look.
“No, your head will get stuck!” shouted Stevie, trying to push him away.
“No Stevie, this isn’t a real web. It’s your belt-buckle; it’s got caught in part of the ropes!”
The first thing Stevie did upon hearing this was to look back at the spider to see how far from taking its first bite it was. When he realised that it hadn’t moved he turned his attention to his belt. He moved his small fingers into the only space available and undid the belt, leaving it where it hung. The spider may not have been real, but whatever had chased them from the car was. Stevie looked back to where he had come from. There was still no sign of what they he heard, but he was sure it was on its way. He turned from side to side, frantic, unsure of which way to head. He felt hands on his shoulders, restricting his movement, but the familiarity of the voice removed any immediate concern for his safety.

“Now follow the tracks” ordered Paul as he pointed out the place where Stevie had gone wrong. “They’re bound to lead us right out of here.”
Paul led the way as the tracks turned a corner to appear on the other side of the web. As they passed beneath the giant tarantula they heard a shout “Hey, you kids!”
Paul turned to see who, or what, had called out, but saw nothing. As he turned back he saw Stevie had started to run and reached out to grab his brother, but was too slow. He too had to break into a sprint in order to catch up. “Stevie!” he called out as he saw him disappear around a corner. Immediately after calling out he heard the sound of an impact, followed by an “oomph” from his brother. Upon arriving at the scene he discovered Stevie on a pile on the floor, having run right into another car. This one was purple, (or it was in that particular light) and was also empty.

Stevie took the hand that Paul was offering and got back onto his feet. As he stood he placed his hand on the car, and then screamed as it touched a sticky, wet patch.
“What?” asked Paul, spooked by his brother’s scream.
“Blood!” gasped Stevie, holding his hand out.
Paul looked at the car, and the spot that Stevie had touched. Sure enough it was wet. Paul touched the patch with his finger. Sure enough it was sticky, much too sticky for blood. Out of curiosity he put his finger to his mouth, and pushed out his tongue to touch it.
“No!” cried Stevie.
“It’s just cola Stevie. Whoever was in the car must have spilt it when they got out. C’mon, let’s get out of here.”

Paul clambered past the car first, and then helped Stevie to squeeze by. They emerged into an area heavily populated by ghosts. Paul saw them for what they were, sheets with eyes painted onto them, but Stevie was again struck dumb. Paul dragged him by the arm “They, are, not, real” spitting out the words as he pulled.

As Paul dragged Stevie beneath the sheets the sound of ghostly wailing and rattling chains was broken by the screech of a car moving along its tracks. Paul turned to see what was happening. At first he thought that the car had started off again of its own accord, that the power had returned, until from behind it he saw a hunched figure, pushing the car out of his way. It was Paul’s turn to freeze in terror.

Stevie took on the role of puller, tugging upon his stationary brother’s arm.
“C’mon Paulie, were almost there!” he called as he continued to pull with little success. He looked back to the car, and the figure emerged from behind it. Stevie’s jaw dropped, and he gave an almighty pull on his brother’s arm, one that had the necessary effect of waking him from his daze.
“Paulie, he’s eaten the carnie and taken on his form!”
Paul took one look at the man, if indeed it was really a man anymore, and turned to run, making sure that Stevie was right with him the whole time.

As they passed the final ghost they finally came to the black doors that signaled the end of the ride. Stevie got there first, but found that his small weight was not significant enough to push the heavy doors open. Paul reached over him to add his own weight, and the door gave way. As the boys fell to the floor the light of the day hit them. Paul looked up to see his mother standing the other side of the barrier waiting for him. For a second he forgot all about Stevie, until he heard his breathless voice. “Help, I’m squashed!”

Paul put his hands down on the floor to push himself up, then felt his weight removed from the floor altogether by another force, that of hands lifting him from behind.

Stevie was on his feet the very second that the weight was lifted from him and ducked through the barrier into his mothers waiting arms. He turned to wait for Paul but was horrified to find him caught by the inhuman carnie, or ‘Fairground Assistant’ as his badge read. Stevie feared the worse for him brother, and was shocked when the monster put him down and guided him through the barrier.

As Paul dusted himself off he took one look at his brother.
“See, I told you none of it was real.” He said as he ruffled Stevie’s hair.
“So you’ll want to go on again once the power’s sorted out?” asked Mum with a smile.
Stevie shook his head, and was happy to see Paul doing the same. “No thanks Mum, maybe when I’m eight!”

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.