GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Console war Casulties"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/03/01 at 19:34
Regular
The console war has many rivals batteling out but who has fallen during this wave after wave of attack.

The Spectrum and Amiga were some of the oldest games companys and the first to dissapear these stunning consoles which we enjoyed as kids have vanished the earliest casulties of the console war.

With had Lynx, Atari, Neo geo and now even good old Sega Nintendo have been around since the start and the only force from the first generation ever to survive while Sony being reasonably old is still a young company only up to their second system.

A new enemy is coming, Microsoft, but will this company survive as long as Nintendo or die like the Phillips CDI we will have to wait and see what do you think!
Thu 01/03/01 at 19:34
Regular
The console war has many rivals batteling out but who has fallen during this wave after wave of attack.

The Spectrum and Amiga were some of the oldest games companys and the first to dissapear these stunning consoles which we enjoyed as kids have vanished the earliest casulties of the console war.

With had Lynx, Atari, Neo geo and now even good old Sega Nintendo have been around since the start and the only force from the first generation ever to survive while Sony being reasonably old is still a young company only up to their second system.

A new enemy is coming, Microsoft, but will this company survive as long as Nintendo or die like the Phillips CDI we will have to wait and see what do you think!
Thu 01/03/01 at 23:46
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"

Dringo wrote:
The Spectrum and Amiga
> were some of the oldest games companys and the first to dissapear
> these stunning consoles which we enjoyed as kids have vanished the
> earliest casulties of the console war.

Not really... these machines just wernt updated to the Speccy2000 models... like the NES, SNES, etc.. their system architecture slowly became obsolete and outdated (although given that the Speccy48K last 10 years is a pretty impressive track record)

These machines didnt lost to the console wars, they just because outdated...

>A new enemy is coming, Microsoft, but will

A new 'enemy'?
Fri 02/03/01 at 21:32
Regular
They haven't yet reenetered the console market so they are still in their trenches then anyway aint seen you in a while where have you been?
Sat 03/03/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dringo wrote:
> They haven't yet reenetered the console market so they are still in
> their trenches then

There well and truly out of the game, there hasnt been a new momdel for years... and no matter how hard Amiga tried to reanimate itself, its time is well over... I just think its not that they lost the wars... more that decided to quit... :)

>anyway aint seen you in a while where have you
> been?

yeah.... well... my g/f was away for Valentines day, so we had a long weekend beforehand. When we got back I picked up a copy of Dungeon Keeper 2, which, for some reason, I became completly addicted to!? :) ... I then stared Baulders Gate (which I've still got to finihs off)... and more recently I've been slowly starting to build a new WebPage... which brings me back online...
Sat 03/03/01 at 19:12
Regular
console wars are in the appropriate place in the open forums go to Game ideas and console wars forum.
Sat 03/03/01 at 20:27
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
sorry sir, mister Sniper sir *doffing cap and shuffling off*

Since we all know how much the FOG idea is adheard to ;)
Sun 04/03/01 at 09:07
Shanks,

I'm one of those rare individuals that just couldn't, for the life of me, get into DK 2. It bored me; I'm not even sure why really. I think I lack interest in God games.
Sun 04/03/01 at 09:11
SNIPER:

Do lighten up. Imposing some sort of 'order' to the internet typically fails anyway. From my own experience, people use the Forum listings of practically any board as landmarks, not guidelines. In short, they work more like this: "Hmm...Where was that TOM1232 copying out of that one magazine? Ah yes, it was in Open Forums, Console Wars & Game Ideas, under -- " or something along these lines. They're for reference.
Sun 04/03/01 at 15:41
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
PseudoSavant wrote:
> Shanks,

I'm one of those rare individuals that just couldn't, for
> the life of me, get into DK 2. It bored me; I'm not even sure why
> really. I think I lack interest in God games.

I picked up DK1 when that was originally released... and it bored the hell out of me then...

However I recently unearthed it so I could write a review, and after a few games started to get quite hooked...

And with DK2 around for £5 I didnt think I had anything to lose by picking it up, and found I really enjoyed it...

Funny thing was that had I bought it at the time of its release, I probrably would have thought it was crap ant uninstalled it after a couple of games...

(which is what I did with Populous the Beginning)

Mon 05/03/01 at 07:57
Shanks:

I'm with you there. I picked up DK 2 about a month ago, since I could get it for next to nothing. Plus I'd heard good things about it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Man, did that thing bore me. I gave it about a week to sink in, actually did alright with it, but I still didn't feel anything for it. I guess it wasn't so much that it bored me; I just felt NOTHING for it. I was numb to whatever the attraction is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.