GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the future of nintendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/03/01 at 18:15
Regular
Nintendo has done well in the past.the nintendo entertainment system(nes),the super nintendo entertainment system(snes) also the game boy gameboy pocket and game boy colour(thanks mainly to pokemon).the n64 was a bit of a flop mainly because it did not have many 3rd party developers where as the psx had loads,the games where to highly priced and as people mainly talk about psx more people wanted it even nintendo has so many high games despite its criminal lack of them such as mario,zelda,donkeykong,banjo,metriod and mario kart and i could keep on going it also had rare behind them. but with game cube i think it will be like the good old days with 8mm discs which are cheap to make loads of 3rd party developers and the machine which i think is amazing going to sell for possibly as £150-£200 and dont forget the linkup with gba so you can do stuff in secret (i dont know what but knowing nintendo theyre bound to come up with something amazing)
as for gba its got loads of fun and original games lined up for launch.aswell as the 4 player link-up option where on some games you only need one cartridge.nintendo say it will be the fasion acsessory with a mobile phone link maybe it will.maybe they will even make chyangeable covers.could it be like the good old days with nintendo on top................i hope so.
Thu 01/03/01 at 18:15
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
Nintendo has done well in the past.the nintendo entertainment system(nes),the super nintendo entertainment system(snes) also the game boy gameboy pocket and game boy colour(thanks mainly to pokemon).the n64 was a bit of a flop mainly because it did not have many 3rd party developers where as the psx had loads,the games where to highly priced and as people mainly talk about psx more people wanted it even nintendo has so many high games despite its criminal lack of them such as mario,zelda,donkeykong,banjo,metriod and mario kart and i could keep on going it also had rare behind them. but with game cube i think it will be like the good old days with 8mm discs which are cheap to make loads of 3rd party developers and the machine which i think is amazing going to sell for possibly as £150-£200 and dont forget the linkup with gba so you can do stuff in secret (i dont know what but knowing nintendo theyre bound to come up with something amazing)
as for gba its got loads of fun and original games lined up for launch.aswell as the 4 player link-up option where on some games you only need one cartridge.nintendo say it will be the fasion acsessory with a mobile phone link maybe it will.maybe they will even make chyangeable covers.could it be like the good old days with nintendo on top................i hope so.
Thu 01/03/01 at 18:28
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Why do you hope nintendo will "win" in the next console race? I think that the console that should win is the one with the best games. In the last case, it was the PSX over the N64... and hence it deserved to "win" despite Nintendo having some great games. Nintendo's problem was that the head of NOJ actually said that at first only nintendo would make games for the console, and more would follow!

As for the current console clash, the DC has far better games that the PS2, and therefore should have done better... pity things don't come out like they should. Why you would want Nintendo to come out on top without seeing proper games (demos, and a few clips off Nintendo games don't count!). I'll judge it when I actually play on one.

SonicRav
Thu 01/03/01 at 18:32
Regular
The only thing I hope is that I enjoy the games I buy. And I also hope that the system I choose, the Gamecube, will have games on that I will love.

I don't care if everybody else hates it. If I like it, then that is all that matters.
Thu 01/03/01 at 18:56
Regular
I'm probably one of Nintendo's biggest fans and most loyal supporter (as many regulars will know) and what I'm gonna say next may shock some of you!

Can people please stop all these topics about Nintendo winning the next chapter of the console war!

It's getting boring hearing the same thing in different words from everyone and people were like this when the N64 was about to be released and look what happened to that!

Don't jinx it and stop boring me!
Thu 01/03/01 at 19:01
Regular
Edgy walks around outside... in the pouring rain... in only his dressing gown...

"Edgy!! EDGY!! COME IN! IT'S COLD!!" Said Edgys mum...

"What's the point... there's no damn point..." Mumbles Edgy to himself... He walks off down the street...
Thu 01/03/01 at 19:03
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> The only thing I hope is that I enjoy the games I buy. And I also
> hope that the system I choose, the Gamecube, will have games on that
> I will love.

I don't care if everybody else hates it. If I like
> it, then that is all that matters.

Errrr... so if the Xbox has better games than the GC, you would still buy the GC. I will buy the one with the best games. I am a huge fan of nintendo, and the only thing that stops me buying their console now is that Sega may concentrate on the Xbox... and I LOVE sega games!

Anyway, I'm not going to say that "I'm getting GC," until I've seen all the games on the competition first. Games matter- however much a nintendo fan I am!

SonicRav
Thu 01/03/01 at 20:20
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
im soooooooooooo sorry edgy but cant a nintendo fan just talk about how much he loves gamecube or are you going to make it illegial
Thu 01/03/01 at 21:00
Regular
I don't know how many times I've told you Rav... but hopefully this time will stick.

Sega of America's VP of marketing and communications, Charles Bellfield, recently was interviewed by Gameweek.

GW: Let me get right to it: was there any truth to the reports Nintendo was looking to buy?

CB: (long pause) Yeah. So were Microsoft, so were Sony.

GW: Theoretically, Sega could be a difference maker in the upcoming console wars, depending on what franchises are delivered to each particular platform. Any thoughts?

CB: Let me turn the tables a bit. What do you know about GameCube?

GW: You probably know a lot more than we do; Nintendo is the most quiet company we've ever dealt with. It's scary.

CB: Four words: don't write off Nintendo. A lot of companies have, but Nintendo's got a five billion dollar war chest and a lot of great, original franchises.

GW: Yes, they have the one key ingredient that Sega has: content. They really are self-sufficient.

CB: Agreed.

GW: Charles, can you confirm or deny the existence of this so-called "top-secret RPG" being worked on by Sega and Nintendo?

CB: (long pause) I'm trying to recall… Tetsu Kayama talked about a number of things last week and I would normally refer back to what he said, but... Let's put it this way: whatever he said, the answer is "yes."

GW: You know, Peter Main had the same suspicious grin when I asked him this question two and a half months ago…

CB: Did he really? Yes. (another long pause) We've got a great content line ahead. (smiles)*

GW: Was there any truth at all to the whole "DC chip in the Xbox" thing?

CB: None whatsoever. I don't even know whether it would have been capable. Xbox is so much more powerful than Dreamcast, I don't know why anyone would want that.

GW: Hey, how about that controller?

CB: I think they've made the right decisions over there. (everyone laughs)**

GW: But what's up with that bubble thing?

CB: Yes, what's that for? (everyone laughs)

* Firstly, Sega have a great content line up ahead for the Gamecube. Say no more.

** Sega likes the X-Box, you say... :P
Thu 01/03/01 at 21:04
Regular
king cool wrote:
> im soooooooooooo sorry edgy but cant a nintendo fan just talk about
> how much he loves gamecube or are you going to make it illegial

I don't mind people expressing their love for the console/games they own or want but why can't they do it in just the one topic, it gets on my nerves reading so many topics of xactly the same message!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.