GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want Soul Calibur 2 (PAL)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/09/03 at 15:22
Regular
"Do you like haggis?"
I would swap any of my games for it or DVD's. I was supposed to be getting it today but everything got muddled upi so I am not getting it.

Anybody who would like to swap it ???
Sat 27/09/03 at 13:49
Regular
"the burning sky"
How many different modes are there to unlock in the "Extra Modes" list, and how do you go about unlocking them?
Sat 27/09/03 at 13:41
Regular
I prefer to think of them as games of reflex; having to counter-attack, using certain moves, grapples or whatever at certain times. But perhaps that's because I can remember stuff easily. I dunno.
Sat 27/09/03 at 13:28
Regular
"8==="
I didn't say SSBM was short lived I said that EVEN that was no gathering dust. I actually played it for about 3/4 weeks as opposed to my usual half-a-day fascination with a beat'em up.

I don't like beat'em ups because I don't like games which are memory tests at heart. Learning combo's becomes a memory test exercise and I don't enjoy it at all. I admit there's quite a bit of strategy but I prefer the strategy of SSBM's simple moves and large range of weapons to the strategy of who can remember and use the most amount of moves.

Memory games bore me very quickly no matter how well they are presented.
Sat 27/09/03 at 13:16
Regular
I find Beat-'em-ups much better if you give them time. Just completing them is pointless, building up combos, attack sequences and other such moves is where the fun really is.

Smash isn't a beat-'em-up, it's more of a smash-'em-up than anything. But most people played for a long, long while, so you can't say it's short-lived.
Sat 27/09/03 at 13:12
Regular
"8==="
I hate learning combo's. I like that this game has a 'pick up and play' element to it. Still I find beat 'em ups too arcadey and short lived, as I have said before, even my copy SSBM now sits gathering dust.

I prefer Hybrid Heaven.
Sat 27/09/03 at 12:49
Regular
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> It is just one of them games were you just press any buttons to kill
> people though.
>
> Prrft.

No, that's how crap people Beat-'em-ups. The whole point of Beat-'em-ups is to learn combos, special moves, finishers and make a stylish looking fight. Tapping A over and over is just what your mates do when they come around, but normally you can just block their crappy attacks and do something really good.

A game like Killer Instinct is good (in fact, the best beat-'em-up in existence) because if you go up against someone who knows all the combo's, ultra's and other such moves, you won't stand a chance. My brother was a master at it and I never beat him, even thouhg I knew a few combos.
Sat 27/09/03 at 12:08
Regular
"the burning sky"
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> It is just one of them games were you just press any buttons to kill
> people though.
>
> Prrft.

The annoying thing is tho, if you try to do proper moves you can easily be beaten by someone who has only just started playing the game, but it is still top tho. Altho' it is unfortunate you can choose a weapon in any mode other that Arcade...
Fri 26/09/03 at 22:48
It is just one of them games were you just press any buttons to kill people though.

Prrft.
Fri 26/09/03 at 21:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Prickly JA;
>
> I should get it tomorrow.
> It's a close call. Probably Monday, knowing my luck.
>
> But you'll never get it off me.

My mate popped round to play on it before he went out to rent it befor he was gonna buy it, but ended up satying for 6 hours and has now decided to go buy it tomorrow, it is that great!
Fri 26/09/03 at 19:27
"period drama"
Prickly JA;

I should get it tomorrow.
It's a close call. Probably Monday, knowing my luck.

But you'll never get it off me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.