GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Fusion - any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 16:17
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
After spending a while playing FIFA 2005, I find myself craving something a little "deeper" from a football game. I'm interested in the idea of Football Fusion, linking the ability of playing the matches in FIFA with the management aspects of Total Club Manager, BUT . . . is it any good? Or can anyone recommend anything with the same sort of depth?

Before anyone suggests Pro Evo, I do have that, and to be honest, as I only play my Xbox 2 or 3 times a week, hearing "Old Firm Green" or "East London" or "Midlands Village" kind-of takes away from the overall feel for me!
Fri 03/06/05 at 16:17
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
After spending a while playing FIFA 2005, I find myself craving something a little "deeper" from a football game. I'm interested in the idea of Football Fusion, linking the ability of playing the matches in FIFA with the management aspects of Total Club Manager, BUT . . . is it any good? Or can anyone recommend anything with the same sort of depth?

Before anyone suggests Pro Evo, I do have that, and to be honest, as I only play my Xbox 2 or 3 times a week, hearing "Old Firm Green" or "East London" or "Midlands Village" kind-of takes away from the overall feel for me!
Fri 03/06/05 at 16:23
Regular
"Ruddie1"
You can edit team names you know, anyway i had both and it is quite good but takes ages as you have to load each game (fifa then total) each time you play a game. Total club manager is pretty pants too compared to Football Manager 2005 and Fifa is terrible compared to Pro Evo.
Fri 03/06/05 at 18:17
Regular
"es argh"
SteveyBoy wrote:
hearing "Old Firm
> Green" or "East London" or "Midlands
> Village" kind-of takes away from the overall feel for me!

Die.
Sat 04/06/05 at 14:26
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
I went to ebay and i just saw two games fifa 2004 & total manager 2004, Never played football fusion i got no clue what type of football is that.
Sat 04/06/05 at 15:59
Regular
"Ruddie1"
For gods sake how many different types of football(fifa as you said) is there
Sat 04/06/05 at 16:05
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Ice_Crystal_15 wrote:
> Never played football fusion i got no clue what type of football is that.

*slaps forehead*

When you import your TCM team into FIFA and play as the team of which you are the manager. It then keeps all the results and records and things in TCM.
Sun 05/06/05 at 20:50
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
many goats wrote:
> Ice_Crystal_15 wrote:
> Never played football fusion i got no clue what type of football is
> that.
>
> *slaps forehead*
>
> When you import your TCM tam into FIFA and play as the team of which
> you are the manager. It then keeps all the results and records and
> things in TCM.

Then in i play fifa 2005 + total manager 2005 will it be the same the with the current players and the current year (2005).
Sun 05/06/05 at 20:53
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Anyone know what he's saying?
Tue 07/06/05 at 08:47
Regular
"tokyo police club"
If anyone is thinking about putting any football game ahead of Pro Evo, then they're wrong. And sick.

I'm one of the people who wants it to stay as it is. I like my random team names for clubs - random online is genius that way. Middlebrook 4 teh winn
Tue 07/06/05 at 12:11
Regular
"PS 2 Fool"
mattributé wrote:
> If anyone is thinking about putting any football game ahead of
> Pro Evo, then they're wrong. And sick.
>
> I'm one of the people who wants it to stay as it is. I like my random
> team names for clubs - random online is genius that way. Middlebrook 4
> teh winn

I'm not even going to suggest FIFA is better, gameplay wise, than Pro Evo, because it isn't. I have both, and Pro Evo is clearly superior in that aspect.

However - as I said before, I play my XBox very little, maybe two or three hours a week. Personally, whilst FIFA might not be as "technically correct" as Pro Evo, i find my 10-minute blast on FIFA much more rewarding than a 10-minute blast on Pro Evo.

Everyones opinion is different - I find that, purely for a short blast, the cosmetics and better presentation of FIFA make it a more appealing option than Pro Evo.

if I had 10 hours a day to spend playing Xbox, then obviously I'd eventually switch to the deeper Pro Evo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.