GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MoJo's trip to Bradford."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/09/03 at 20:00
Regular
"That's right!"
Avast! The MoJo went to Bradford today, to go to the Imax cinema with his college.

It's still early in the year, so there are still dozens of first years on my course (same with us last year, but after a few months we were dropping like flies) and they made up the majority of the people on the trip.

Great - when we were first years our trip was to Bradford and a boring museum about some artist there. I didn't even bother going, I assumed it would be pants and my theory was confirmed when people got back. This year group gets to go to the cinema. Bah. At least we were allowed to tag along, but only about 15 of us wise second years went on the coach (some others went in cars, the rest didn't bother at all)

After leaving at 9, we got there at half 11, by which time my bladder was shouting at me to have a slash, which I'd needed since I'd set off from my house at 8. Anyway, we bought our tickets then went for a wander. My mates didn't want to wait for me to go to the toilet in the cinema/museum, so I decided I'd wait a bit longer.

After wandering around Bradford for a while, we went back to the cinema before the film started. They charged me more than 20p more for my McDonalds than it is in Newcastle. That makes me a sad panda. When we got back it was quarter to 1. And that was when I finally got to have a slash, after almost four hours (we hadn't seen any public toilets at ALL, stupid town [it's technically a city, but compared to jolly ol' Newcastle it's a pathetic little town])

It had been so bad I was afraid to go to sleep on the bus for fear of wetting myself, so you can imagine my relief to finally let that bad boy fly. Oh yes.

Went to see the film, Bugs 3D. The 3D glasses aren't anything like I remember them from the last time I saw a 3D film (the white card ones, when I saw some Warner Bros stuff in Germany, which I couldn't understand since it was in German, ironically enough) They were these big, camp, Elton John style glasses, which looked ridiculous, but they did their job.

Bugs 3D is basically a 40 minute documentary about insects, with only one or two instances of things "coming out of the screen". Man, you should've seen the girls in the audience, screaming in shock and disgust every five seconds and "awwing" every time an insect bought it. The screen is freaking HUGE, it almost fills your entire field of vision. Seeing Matrix/Independence Day/Hollywood Blockbuster #257 would be great there.

Anyway, the film was interesting at best. The stupid first years were constantly moaning, waiting for it to finish. Fools.

When it was over, we went around the museum, then to the bar around the corner where we met some of the kids who'd come by car (out of the 20 or so of us second years that went, less than half of us actually bothered seeing anything) Had a pint and Kyle, who'd had his camera all day, managed to set fire to his hair (he has long, thick, curly hair, which people love to touch for some reason) for... um... we don't know why. He just did. Then he did it again with us filming him, then once more on the bus back. Crazy.

Went back to the museum for a bit since we had about twenty minutes before we left. We messed about with some blue screen stuff (Kyle did a rap on the news, and Paul read the news with Morpheus style shades on)

Needed a slash from my pint, but it was 3pm and time to go, so I had two and a half hours of needing the bog on the way home again. Some of the first years complained they needed the toilet, but we weren't pulling over. Wimps, if the MoJo can do it, surely they can too. And I'd been drinking beer and water, which goes right through me like, well, beer and water.

Finally got back to the main college campus, after many a pillow fight (they were stored in the bag holders above us) and I was able to relieve myself before hopping on the metro and coming home. Indeed.

Bit of a pants trip, but it beats going to college.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:00
Regular
"That's right!"
Avast! The MoJo went to Bradford today, to go to the Imax cinema with his college.

It's still early in the year, so there are still dozens of first years on my course (same with us last year, but after a few months we were dropping like flies) and they made up the majority of the people on the trip.

Great - when we were first years our trip was to Bradford and a boring museum about some artist there. I didn't even bother going, I assumed it would be pants and my theory was confirmed when people got back. This year group gets to go to the cinema. Bah. At least we were allowed to tag along, but only about 15 of us wise second years went on the coach (some others went in cars, the rest didn't bother at all)

After leaving at 9, we got there at half 11, by which time my bladder was shouting at me to have a slash, which I'd needed since I'd set off from my house at 8. Anyway, we bought our tickets then went for a wander. My mates didn't want to wait for me to go to the toilet in the cinema/museum, so I decided I'd wait a bit longer.

After wandering around Bradford for a while, we went back to the cinema before the film started. They charged me more than 20p more for my McDonalds than it is in Newcastle. That makes me a sad panda. When we got back it was quarter to 1. And that was when I finally got to have a slash, after almost four hours (we hadn't seen any public toilets at ALL, stupid town [it's technically a city, but compared to jolly ol' Newcastle it's a pathetic little town])

It had been so bad I was afraid to go to sleep on the bus for fear of wetting myself, so you can imagine my relief to finally let that bad boy fly. Oh yes.

Went to see the film, Bugs 3D. The 3D glasses aren't anything like I remember them from the last time I saw a 3D film (the white card ones, when I saw some Warner Bros stuff in Germany, which I couldn't understand since it was in German, ironically enough) They were these big, camp, Elton John style glasses, which looked ridiculous, but they did their job.

Bugs 3D is basically a 40 minute documentary about insects, with only one or two instances of things "coming out of the screen". Man, you should've seen the girls in the audience, screaming in shock and disgust every five seconds and "awwing" every time an insect bought it. The screen is freaking HUGE, it almost fills your entire field of vision. Seeing Matrix/Independence Day/Hollywood Blockbuster #257 would be great there.

Anyway, the film was interesting at best. The stupid first years were constantly moaning, waiting for it to finish. Fools.

When it was over, we went around the museum, then to the bar around the corner where we met some of the kids who'd come by car (out of the 20 or so of us second years that went, less than half of us actually bothered seeing anything) Had a pint and Kyle, who'd had his camera all day, managed to set fire to his hair (he has long, thick, curly hair, which people love to touch for some reason) for... um... we don't know why. He just did. Then he did it again with us filming him, then once more on the bus back. Crazy.

Went back to the museum for a bit since we had about twenty minutes before we left. We messed about with some blue screen stuff (Kyle did a rap on the news, and Paul read the news with Morpheus style shades on)

Needed a slash from my pint, but it was 3pm and time to go, so I had two and a half hours of needing the bog on the way home again. Some of the first years complained they needed the toilet, but we weren't pulling over. Wimps, if the MoJo can do it, surely they can too. And I'd been drinking beer and water, which goes right through me like, well, beer and water.

Finally got back to the main college campus, after many a pillow fight (they were stored in the bag holders above us) and I was able to relieve myself before hopping on the metro and coming home. Indeed.

Bit of a pants trip, but it beats going to college.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:05
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
National Museum of Film and Photography?

Ah, the best free museum in Bradford.

Well, I think it's the only one.

Everyone in my school got thrills as it has PS1's in there, and some Atari games.

Now that it's been done up it's actually half decent.

The IMAX?

Been in there once in my whole life, and it's vastly overrated.

Bradford as a whole is crap, even if it is my birthplace and I spent 10 years of my life there
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:07
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
A, and reading the news out is genius, especially when you're about 8 and just say 'LEEDS!' all the way through.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:12
Regular
"That's right!"
They had PS1 games playing on PS2s (at least I assume they were PS2s, the consoles were hidden, but it was PS2 controllers they had) and Star Trek Elite Force multiplayer with these weird joystick things. Crazy.

Bradford does, indeed, suck. And their accents are funny.

"Put'n kettle on!"

Stupid Yorkshire with their hatred of the word "the". My mum was born there, but she speaks normally. My cousins don't. Inbred fools.
Thu 25/09/03 at 09:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
?????
Where's The Wal, Crusha & Biffa?
Your stories suck without WWF party-fight action. Bradford-Schmadford, I want my stories.
Thu 25/09/03 at 11:35
Regular
"That's right!"
Sorry, Wal etc aren't at my college. Well, Seb is, but he's doing a music course.

Don't worry, I'm going out Saturday night with the posse, you can rest assured that, just for you Goaty, I'll post the crazy antics. Happy?
Thu 25/09/03 at 11:52
"Darth Vader 3442321"
If someone is going to Mars for a night out, let me know and I'll share a cab with you. (Make sure we get a driver who does go "saath of the riva")
Thu 25/09/03 at 12:08
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
MoJoJoJo wrote:

> Stupid Yorkshire with their hatred of the word "the".

Wha' eur theur callin abart? Yorksha fowk av nowt against t' wut 'the'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.