GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"City of Heroes (again)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/06/05 at 17:42
Regular
"Remember me?"
OK, so I bought the game... and installed it... but, um... how do I actually PLAY it?! Every "City of Heroes" link/shortcut/whatever on my desktop or Start menu takes me to an update downloading thing, which downloads nothing at all. And inserting the DVD asks me to isntall the game. And I can't find a "play" option or owt!

HELP?!

(Sorry, but I am a PC installating things rookie, and you're lucky I even know how to post this message)
Sat 04/06/05 at 17:42
Regular
"Remember me?"
OK, so I bought the game... and installed it... but, um... how do I actually PLAY it?! Every "City of Heroes" link/shortcut/whatever on my desktop or Start menu takes me to an update downloading thing, which downloads nothing at all. And inserting the DVD asks me to isntall the game. And I can't find a "play" option or owt!

HELP?!

(Sorry, but I am a PC installating things rookie, and you're lucky I even know how to post this message)
Sat 04/06/05 at 17:50
"For the horde!!!!"
Wait until it finishs patching then press the next button
Sat 04/06/05 at 18:02
Regular
"Remember me?"
It doesn't appear to be doing anything though.
Sat 04/06/05 at 19:01
Regular
"Remember me?"
FINALLY got it updated... and now when I try to run the game, the monitor cuts out and displays "Out of Range"...

Muh?! *sobs*
Sat 04/06/05 at 20:07
Regular
It's basically telling you to send the game back.

You just made the worst purchase of your life.
Sat 04/06/05 at 23:22
Regular
"Remember me?"
Got it working. Apparently the newest patch needs patching *rolls eyes* but a bit of jiggling with my colour settings and driver downloadage sorted it out.

My character's pretty cool; named Albino-Man, naturally. He's like an albino Luke Cage with a mohawk. Played for awhile, getting used to actually controlling a game with a keyboard, wandering around the city and doing the beginning tasks/missions and earned a few new powers, enhancements, etc. I'm quite surprised at how easy the game was to get into. Not bothered to try and join up with anyone else yet. Thought I'd level up a bit on my own before I make an ass of myself.
Sun 05/06/05 at 00:02
Regular
You'll learn to hate the hollows, i deffinately advise teaming up when you go in there. I might resubscribe after my exams and ill look out for you. The names Distractions. You can guess the rest :)
Sun 05/06/05 at 00:44
Regular
"Remember me?"
Went back on there earlier. Went to try the first sewer mission on my own, where you have to defeat all the zombies and rescue the newstand guy...

Failed it the first time. Second time, night had fallen and there were all these electricity-toting robots guarding the sewer entrance, which I foolishly took on by myself and died (again). Third time I went on my first team-up, with a tanker/mutation, which ended disastrously.

I'm getting there though. :P
Sun 05/06/05 at 06:48
"For the horde!!!!"
You have to take notice of what colour the enemies name is because it reprisents their level.
Also some enemies are bosses and they are a lot stronger than minions.
Sun 05/06/05 at 11:19
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tried to log on again earlier today and it's not working again.

Waaah!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.