GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your consoles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/06/05 at 21:06
Regular
List all the consoles (and PC's) you've owned since you first started playing games and say which was your favourite (and why).

Mine:

1994- Sega Mega Drive
1997- Pentium 200 heap of junk with a hilarious 32mb Ram
1998- Sony Playstation
2001- Sony Playstation 2
2001- N64
2002- Dreamcast
2002- Gamecube
2002- 2Ghz Intel Celeron (or whatever) with 256mb Ram
2004- X-box
2005- Sega Mega Drive (again)

My favourite console? Gotta be the original Playstation. Gave us classics such as Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 2/3, Resident Evil 1/2/3, Silent Hill, Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy VIII/IX, Gran Turismo and all the rest.
Fri 02/09/05 at 22:27
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Spectrum ZX81
Commodore 64
NES
SNES
Playstation
Playstation 2

SNES is best. I wished I still had it.
Wed 31/08/05 at 00:07
Regular
"cheese is god"
NES- Nintendo entertiment system
Mega Drive- sega
SNES- Super nintendo enteriment system
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy colour
PS1- Playstation 1
PS2- Playstation 2
Gamecube
Xbox
N64
PC

now on to which is best, well i have loved all my consoles not one of them is bad. Im going to go with SNES because of the amazing games that was on it. Im still not sure very har to choose because of the games that you could get for each console
Tue 30/08/05 at 18:45
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Top list there Jim :)

1. Atari 2600 - Moon Patrol is probably the highlight. The console comes with a very naff joystick.

2. ZX Spectrum 128k - Treasure Island Dizzy is incredible. The console is a bit of a joke due to 5 minute loading times, and the tapes were totally unreliable. Priceless fun though :p

3. Nes - Absolutely top notch. Super Mario Bros. 3 and Faxanadu (an rpg, wahey!) are two of my favourite games ever - the Nes is an absolute must to anybody, even now.

4. Snes - Wicked console. Super Mario World and Starfox were just magnificent, but I only had very few games for it. Others were Eek the Cat (oh god, no) and Mortal Kombat 2 (pretty good, a bit scary though), but the console I mostly played on in the same era was...

5. Mega Drive II - Streets Of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic 2, Soleil, Talmit's Adventure, Flashback, Puggsy...need I say more?

6. N64 - My favourite ever console. Zelda: Ocarina Of Time is the best game ever, ever made. Perfect Dark, Mario 64, Paper Mario, DK64, Diddy Kong Racing, WWF No Mercy, Goldeneye, Turok 2 - my god, so good.

7. Dreamcast - Very underappreciated but is still remarkably brilliant. Soul Calibur and Shenmue 2 are both absolutely exceptional, and there are all the party games - Samba De Amigo, Power Stone, Chu Chu Rocket. Man.

8. Gamecube - I've now sold my Xbxo, and I have this little baby left. The highlight of the console is certainly Metroid Prime, but there is Resi Evil 4, Zelda WW, F-Zero, Tales Of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, Mario Kart DD - it's the biz.

9. DS - I'm loving this baby to bits now, despite it's disappointing UK releases so far. Meteos? Kirby? Advance Wars? Nintendogs? Can't go wrong.

How I love my collection :D
Mon 29/08/05 at 21:37
Regular
i have been around a bit, played em all, but owned...

82' Atari VCS, games were beg, borrow, or steal(well never return!)
missile command still rocks! i played it yesterday!

48K rubber keyed speccy
target renagade, punch em while their down!

128K hot metal grill that burnrt your arm
NeverEnding story! never completed that game, dead annoying!

amstrad CPC
nice monitor, robocop rocked!

sinclair (AMSTRAD) +2
What a load of junk! naff tapedeck! boo, sugar u stink!

ATARI ST520
WallStreet is the only game i still can be bothere to play, still fun!
most other games were a naff version of the amiga! LLAMATRON was nice!

Megadrive
Streets of RAGEII, best game ever on the drive! top notch those boys!

Saturn
Daytona USA! naff game when you think about it, played it for months!
Sega rally rules though, still play that, what's the best time for the first stage? 52.04 is as fast as i can get! & BAKU BAKU amnimals!

X32 megadrive add on
DOOM, nuff said, crashed on level 16 though, never finsished!

megaCD
NUFF SAID.

amiga1200
Incopatible darn thing! use winuae now, naughty!

xbox,
This machine was going to last for ever i thought, feel the quality!
broke the other month, harddrive packed in, bought it new on the 15 march day after release! DAM you gates! all my saved games & 200+ hours of music gone!

2005 PC
took me a while but i got there.

Do you notice how you skills change through the generations?
from single exquisitely timed button presses in the early days to...
double taps & combos through to... all fingers & thumbs blastin & a walkin
try going back...
Sat 18/06/05 at 09:58
Regular
Don't know the years but:

NES
SNES
Nintendo 64
GameCube
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Nintendo DS
MegaDrive II
Dreamcast
Playstation 2 (spits)
Xbox
N-gage

*not in that order
Sat 18/06/05 at 09:50
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
n64 is the best, can't beat childhood zelda games. :D
Wed 15/06/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Catch it!"
Yeah I did complete it in four days.
Wed 15/06/05 at 21:15
Regular
I'm surprised he can play them now, even.

The fact that he managed to complete Area 51 in something silly like 4 days (or so he reckons) is what's keeping me from buying it, as someone of a relatively normal intelligence must therefore be able to play through it in a matter of minutes.
Wed 15/06/05 at 18:06
Regular
"\\"
Del Rogeo wrote:
> And you could actually play the thing properly when you were four?

I nearly completed Sonic 2 at the age of 4 ;)

Although I see your point with Crossbob.
Wed 15/06/05 at 17:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
1993 - Game Boy
1994 - SNES
1997 - N64
2001 - GBA
2001 - PS2
2002 - Gamecube
2005 - DS

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.