GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 2 - Delayed until February 2002"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/03/01 at 12:49
Regular
Hmm, can't believe nobody's posted this. Oh well, here's the article.

Metal Gear 2 aims for February 2002

Konami sources have confirmed that you won’t be looking at the hottest game currently in development for a very long time indeed...

It looks amazing. It is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the only true next generation games in the works at this point. It has graphics to kill for and gameplay to match. You want Metal Gear Solid 2 so much it hurts, right?
Shame you won’t be playing it until at least next February, then. According to Konami sources, the PlayStation 2 killer app has a decent chance of getting into Japanese stores before the end of the year, but European gamers will be waiting a good deal longer than that. February is the earliest release admitted by the company so far, with "within the financial year" meaning there’s a chance you won’t see it in your living room until next April.

Yikes. No reason has been given for the change in release date as yet, but localisation issues are a surefire bet.

Source: CVG

Thu 01/03/01 at 12:49
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Hmm, can't believe nobody's posted this. Oh well, here's the article.

Metal Gear 2 aims for February 2002

Konami sources have confirmed that you won’t be looking at the hottest game currently in development for a very long time indeed...

It looks amazing. It is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the only true next generation games in the works at this point. It has graphics to kill for and gameplay to match. You want Metal Gear Solid 2 so much it hurts, right?
Shame you won’t be playing it until at least next February, then. According to Konami sources, the PlayStation 2 killer app has a decent chance of getting into Japanese stores before the end of the year, but European gamers will be waiting a good deal longer than that. February is the earliest release admitted by the company so far, with "within the financial year" meaning there’s a chance you won’t see it in your living room until next April.

Yikes. No reason has been given for the change in release date as yet, but localisation issues are a surefire bet.

Source: CVG

Thu 01/03/01 at 12:54
"High polygon count"
Maybe because no-one goes to the CVG site? ;-)

I have to admit I never go there for my news as I've found them a bit unreliable in the past; but that's not to say it isn't true, of course.

I shall wait... and wait... and wait...

I just hope for Konami's sake that there aren't any problems with the game when it's finally launched.
Thu 01/03/01 at 12:56
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Oh agreed, they're not the most reliable bunch on the planet granted. But, I thought it was news worthy, so who knows eh?

I'm not fussed, if it means perfecting the game then so-be-it y'know.

-S
Thu 01/03/01 at 16:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No!

Not a PS2 title being delayed horribly?
Surely this can't be so?

Irony overload...can't move or...speak...in...proper..sentence...s
Thu 01/03/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Whatever!"
I dont mind too much - I'll give them all the time they need to make sure it will be the best it can possibly be. Besides there will be loads of quality games to play while we wait!!
Thu 01/03/01 at 18:41
Regular
I`m sure the 2002 thing has been discussed before.
Fri 02/03/01 at 00:08
Another Game Delay: SNAFU, the status quo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.