GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MSN Hacking virus."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 16:43
Has any one heard of a file called MSN Hacker.exe?
If some one tries to give it too you and say that it is really cool, don't believe them.
One of my good mates gave it to me yesturday at about 12.00 and said it was a programme to look at peoples chat logs. So i acepted and downloaded it, after double clicking it my HDD sounded like it was having a heart attack or something.
Then about 5 minuets later i realised that Norton was not running, when i went to turn it on it wouldn't load, so i restarted and it came up with lots of error messages.
So i pressed ctrl alt del and that closed after about 3 second, so i pressed ctrl alt and del that little system menu came up, and it closed after about 3 seconds again.
After doing this about 10 times to see what the weird program was that was running, it was called "Windll.exe". I finally managed to close this and then norton loaded. But everything was disabled and a password had been put on it to prevent me from changing the setting, like turning the security back on.S
So straight away i unplugged my internet and tried to fix the problem, but every time i restartet this odd error message came up.
So i uninstalled Norton and norton antivirus and then put Norton and anti virus 2004 back on and the same thing happend to that too, ever thing was disabled :(

After trying lots of different stuff for about an hour i realised that i was going to have to format my C drive (because that has windows).
Bah and whilst doing this my boot disk broke, then i made another one and this didn't work, then i finally got a working one.

But there is loads more stuff but i wont tell, tis too boring, i worked out that to get my machine back to the way it was befor any of this happend it took me almost 11 hours :S SO that was all of my saturday wasted :(

Anyone else had a virus like this?
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:43
Has any one heard of a file called MSN Hacker.exe?
If some one tries to give it too you and say that it is really cool, don't believe them.
One of my good mates gave it to me yesturday at about 12.00 and said it was a programme to look at peoples chat logs. So i acepted and downloaded it, after double clicking it my HDD sounded like it was having a heart attack or something.
Then about 5 minuets later i realised that Norton was not running, when i went to turn it on it wouldn't load, so i restarted and it came up with lots of error messages.
So i pressed ctrl alt del and that closed after about 3 second, so i pressed ctrl alt and del that little system menu came up, and it closed after about 3 seconds again.
After doing this about 10 times to see what the weird program was that was running, it was called "Windll.exe". I finally managed to close this and then norton loaded. But everything was disabled and a password had been put on it to prevent me from changing the setting, like turning the security back on.S
So straight away i unplugged my internet and tried to fix the problem, but every time i restartet this odd error message came up.
So i uninstalled Norton and norton antivirus and then put Norton and anti virus 2004 back on and the same thing happend to that too, ever thing was disabled :(

After trying lots of different stuff for about an hour i realised that i was going to have to format my C drive (because that has windows).
Bah and whilst doing this my boot disk broke, then i made another one and this didn't work, then i finally got a working one.

But there is loads more stuff but i wont tell, tis too boring, i worked out that to get my machine back to the way it was befor any of this happend it took me almost 11 hours :S SO that was all of my saturday wasted :(

Anyone else had a virus like this?
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Teal'c"
One of your good mates gave you this crippling virus?
Lose this fiend.
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:45
Regular
It's your own stupid fault for wanting to invade other peoples privacy.
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*nods*
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
What sort of friend would send you a virus like that?!?
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeh, you little criminal!!
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
What sort of person would want to watch people chatting?
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:50
Regular
Robin = stalker?
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:51
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Oh, dear.

*smirks*
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:55
RoJ wrote:
> Yeh, you little criminal!!

Na he said he just wants to see if it works on me, i had no intention of keeping/using this program.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.