GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bulk email with Freeola?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/06/09 at 13:29
"Are you sure?"
Do Freeola allow bulk email?

I have a client that needs to send news updates to around 600 people 3 or 4 times a year.

I know some providers only allow 100 emails per hour etc. is that something Freeola have in place?

I'm not sure if they need to be using a dedicated bulk email provider - I wouldn't want to suggest they use Freeola if it will cause problems!

Thanks in advance.

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 18/06/09 at 19:59
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
I accidentally sent myself four and a half thousand e-mails a few months back and they all came through quite quickly.

Note to self: Don't use Do/while loops to send e-mails.

Note to Freeola: Sorry about that.

JTD
Thu 18/06/09 at 17:27
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the replies.

> 2.2 Freeola Services are designed for home or
> small business use.

Yes they are a small business. So I'm not sure if you are giving a thumbs up or not!?!

> 6.6.3 You shall not use the Freeola Services to publish,
> link to, post or otherwise transmit unsolicited promotional
> e-mail or other bulk e-mail or spam.

> ...is the unsolicited part

The emails are all solicited - they are to users who have subscribed to a newsletter.

Thanks again - I'll advise them to look elsewhere.

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 18/06/09 at 16:47
Staff
As per Tony's post the main bit there in the Terms and Conditions is the unsolicited part, in order to make sure that the outgoing servers are not considered spam servers (causing innocent peoples email to be delayed or block) we have to be careful about what users send. The actual amount being sent there would not neccessarily be an issue, but if we received complaints about the emails being sent we would have to take appropriate action to protect the servers reputation (and the other customers using it).
Thu 18/06/09 at 16:31
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Do Freeola allow bulk email?

Freeola Terms and Conditions

2.2 Freeola Services are designed for home or small business use.

6.6.3 You shall not use the Freeola Services to publish, link to, post or otherwise transmit unsolicited promotional e-mail or other bulk e-mail or spam.
Thu 18/06/09 at 13:29
"Are you sure?"
Do Freeola allow bulk email?

I have a client that needs to send news updates to around 600 people 3 or 4 times a year.

I know some providers only allow 100 emails per hour etc. is that something Freeola have in place?

I'm not sure if they need to be using a dedicated bulk email provider - I wouldn't want to suggest they use Freeola if it will cause problems!

Thanks in advance.

Search Freeola Chat

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.