GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zero Tolerance"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 10:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hello again.

I'd like to remind each and every user on these forums of their purpose - to chat to other people. The purpose of these forums is not to mess with other people's details, comprimise their details or fool them into doing things they didn't want to do.

So from now on, there is a zero tolerance policy on people messing with stuff to do with accounts, nicknames, customer details etc. I'd like to point out that Special Reserve's security has never once been comprimised, it's just some people obviously have nothing better to do than trick people into changing their details, giving out the MSN address etc.

This is why Tom has been banned, for fooling people into changing their nicknames and taglines, and why anyone else involved in this particular incident will also be punished. He may not have gained access to peoples' details but it is still making the site look unsecure and does nothing but annoy people.

So... you mess with your nickname to try and break the system? You get banned. You try and break the coding of the page? You get banned? You run a 'comedy' script posting under other peoples name? You get banned. It's that simple.

I'm at the end of my tether with people trying to screw up the site - believe it or not I don't like banning people, not with the amount of hassle I get from it - but sometimes I'm left with no choice.

Thank you.
Alistair
Mon 22/09/03 at 10:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hello again.

I'd like to remind each and every user on these forums of their purpose - to chat to other people. The purpose of these forums is not to mess with other people's details, comprimise their details or fool them into doing things they didn't want to do.

So from now on, there is a zero tolerance policy on people messing with stuff to do with accounts, nicknames, customer details etc. I'd like to point out that Special Reserve's security has never once been comprimised, it's just some people obviously have nothing better to do than trick people into changing their details, giving out the MSN address etc.

This is why Tom has been banned, for fooling people into changing their nicknames and taglines, and why anyone else involved in this particular incident will also be punished. He may not have gained access to peoples' details but it is still making the site look unsecure and does nothing but annoy people.

So... you mess with your nickname to try and break the system? You get banned. You try and break the coding of the page? You get banned? You run a 'comedy' script posting under other peoples name? You get banned. It's that simple.

I'm at the end of my tether with people trying to screw up the site - believe it or not I don't like banning people, not with the amount of hassle I get from it - but sometimes I'm left with no choice.

Thank you.
Alistair
Mon 22/09/03 at 10:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Compromise"

Nerdy-Robocop is all red-faced and angry.
I agree, anything other than chatting/ordering should be punished with a banning.
And a bully-ramming by a PCP enraged Gorilla.
A bit like in Trading Places at the end on the train.
Mon 22/09/03 at 11:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Dang, there goes my fun.

Thanks Robo-Nerd.
Mon 22/09/03 at 11:46
Regular
"Remember me?"
I'm happy just so long as you don't start cracking down on mutants too, Bastion.

Operation: Zero Tolerance. *chuckles*
Mon 22/09/03 at 15:53
Regular
"The Monkey God"
Im still kicking myself for being duped by shaneo. *misses semajal*

anyways, Well said Snuggly :D
Mon 22/09/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
yeap!
Mon 22/09/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
When he signs it "Alistair" you know he means business.
Mon 22/09/03 at 15:59
Regular
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:04
Regular
No it's not fair. Monkey_man done it about a year ago (if I remember) and I really doubt he will be banned. But it's exactly the same.
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Teal'c"
Tom has been banned?
No, no this simply is not good enough Ali.
Are you intentionally exterminating good/reasonable posters one by one until only the likes of Lawri and Alec are left?

Nash - dissapointed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.