GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zero Tolerance"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 10:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hello again.

I'd like to remind each and every user on these forums of their purpose - to chat to other people. The purpose of these forums is not to mess with other people's details, comprimise their details or fool them into doing things they didn't want to do.

So from now on, there is a zero tolerance policy on people messing with stuff to do with accounts, nicknames, customer details etc. I'd like to point out that Special Reserve's security has never once been comprimised, it's just some people obviously have nothing better to do than trick people into changing their details, giving out the MSN address etc.

This is why Tom has been banned, for fooling people into changing their nicknames and taglines, and why anyone else involved in this particular incident will also be punished. He may not have gained access to peoples' details but it is still making the site look unsecure and does nothing but annoy people.

So... you mess with your nickname to try and break the system? You get banned. You try and break the coding of the page? You get banned? You run a 'comedy' script posting under other peoples name? You get banned. It's that simple.

I'm at the end of my tether with people trying to screw up the site - believe it or not I don't like banning people, not with the amount of hassle I get from it - but sometimes I'm left with no choice.

Thank you.
Alistair
Mon 22/09/03 at 19:02
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> ***
> And spelling Spider-Man the wrong way.

MYSTIQUE!

Just the woman I wanted to see.

www.ebay.co.uk > Enter item number 2192525252 and see what comes up. Lots of "Spider-Man". And best of all, it's me that's selling it. *COUGH*
Mon 22/09/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Ñebû©haÑ wrote:
> Snuggly, I agree wholeheartedly.
>
> It's the harshness of your banning which keeps the likes of Sonorous
> from destroying these forums. Good on ya!

Hasn't stopped the likes of:

Lawri: "Damn it it's raining and i need to go and pick my teeny tiny phone up from the shops!"
"I'm gonna be in Oliver!" and other posting gems with a similar moronic slant.

Mel1: "vote for rosie are angel
Original Message posted by mel1 Today at 12.08AM There are 2 replies
can you all go to http://www.babycontest.com/vote/default.asp
and vote for my baby rosie are angel thank you"
Mon 22/09/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Now that is a big post
Mon 22/09/03 at 18:32
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Mystique wrote:
> Mr Pínk wrote:
> Make it a rule that you WILL be banned for submiting '2 line reviews
> 2
> months before the game comes out that say "it lookz cool man,
> big up that free games!"
>
> ***
> And spelling Spider-Man the wrong way.

And you will be KILLED if you submit a cr@ppy 2 month premature review refering to the game as spiderman!?
Mon 22/09/03 at 18:28
Regular
Mr Pínk wrote:
> Make it a rule that you WILL be banned for submiting '2 line reviews 2
> months before the game comes out that say "it lookz cool man,
> big up that free games!"

And spelling Spider-Man the wrong way.
Mon 22/09/03 at 18:28
Regular
I notice the other two haven't been banned yet.
Mon 22/09/03 at 18:23
Regular
"Party Hard"
Snuggly, I agree wholeheartedly.

It's the harshness of your banning which keeps the likes of Sonorous from destroying these forums. Good on ya!
Mon 22/09/03 at 18:08
"slightlyshortertagl"
*feels bad*
Mon 22/09/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Make it a rule that you WILL be banned for submiting '2 line reviews 2 months before the game comes out that say "it lookz cool man, big up that free games!"
Mon 22/09/03 at 17:59
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Just to re-iterate my point - don't mess with stuff if you don't want to get banned. Anyone who gets banned gets banned for a reason.

I am far too busy to be spending my time on cleaning up the forums when I could be doing something more enjoyable/more profitable (depending on who's point of view you look at it from). So please, come on, give me a break. I've asked you nicely before but people seem intent on making things difficult for SR moderators.

If you don't want to get your stats deleted or banned, then you should think before you do things. We don't have many rules on these forums, we only ask you don't try and cause trouble or promote other websites, yet some people insist on doing just that.

Grrr.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.