GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye Bye Hodd..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/09/03 at 20:29
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Striaght form the mouth of the chairman:

It is with regret that I announce that Manager, Glenn Hoddle, is to leave the Club, with immediate effect.
Glenn and I spoke this evening. Following two seasons of disappointing results, there was a significant investment in the team during the summer, in order to give us the best possible chance of success this season.

Unfortunately, the start to this season has been our worst since the Premiership was formed. Coupled with the extremely poor second half to last season, the current lack of progress and any visible sign of improvement are unacceptable.

It is critical that I, and the Board, have absolute confidence in the Manager to deliver success to the Club. Regrettably we do not. It is not a decision we have taken lightly. However, we are determined to see this Club succeed and we must now move forward.

Glenn occupies a special place at this Club. Today's decision in no way detracts from the fact that he was one of our greatest players. He will always be welcome at White Hart Lane. I should like to personally thank him for his determination and commitment and wish him well.

We shall be thorough in our search for a new manager. It is a crucial appointment and we shall take the time necessary to make the best choice.

In the interim, David Pleat will take over as Caretaker Manager, along with Chris Hughton, as First Team Coach.
Wed 24/09/03 at 11:44
Regular
"thegodfather"
The supporters who used to watch Hoddle as a player when he was one of the best midfielders around must be gutted, nobody wants to see one of their heroes go through something like this.
I'm so glad Trevor Brooking isn't taking the West Ham job full time, I loved him as a player and would hate the same thing happen to him in six or nine months time.
Mon 22/09/03 at 20:15
Regular
Damn ;c)
Mon 22/09/03 at 20:15
Regular
TÏSSER
Mon 22/09/03 at 09:48
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Heh and it did.
Mon 22/09/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Badgerman wrote:
> How the hell can knobhead get through the filter and tos ser can't???

Probabaly because it's normally spelt without the 'K' Badger :)

nobhead is the correct spelling but will it get through the swear filter....
Mon 22/09/03 at 09:24
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
:D
Sun 21/09/03 at 21:08
Regular
"HODDLE FOR WYCOMBE"
Sun 21/09/03 at 21:00
Regular
it's a a shame because Hoddle will be remembered as the failed manager at tottenham rather than the legendary and great player he was, he'll be missed as he needed time to proove himself with his new players rather than a few games, now a new manager will come in and have a new system that ALL the players will have to get used to, it'll take time it will also take points.
Sun 21/09/03 at 20:49
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Um...that was me.
Sun 21/09/03 at 20:42
Regular
"It's been a while.."
I dunno but yeah i am hoping ot get some results now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.