GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mobile Phone Game Downloads"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/09/03 at 14:13
Im going to purchase a new phone next week, one which you can donwload Java games etc. What I want to know is what games are there about and where can I get them from? How much does it cost and how to go about it?

There are only about two games on the phone when I buy it as far as its says and I fancy downloading a few decent ones. Anyone recommend any decent games? I've seen Fifa about and a penalty shootout one. And off course Pac-Man but where do I get them.

The phone Im getting is the Samsung S300, and it says it allows downloads...

Cheers, chat away!
Sun 21/09/03 at 22:14
Mindfrig wrote:
> The fone is really awful mate.
>
> I tried it out in shop when I was getting a new mobile and thought it
> was really rubbish, has an arial that jams into your hand and the
> buttons are just plain awkward. Menu is hard to navigate and there is
> an ( i ) button there for NO REASON!

I tried it in the shop and its pretty darn fine. Easy to use and the aerial doesn't jam into my hand. You probably got but giant gorrila hands :)
Sun 21/09/03 at 22:12
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> The i button is for internet. You know WAP.
>
> I don't have an S300, I have a V200 though. V200 doesn't have Java so
> doesn't have dowloadable games. But it has a great screen, good menu,
> 40 note polyphonic ringtones which sound great.
>
> As they are both the same manufacturer I imagine that will be the
> same for both.

Looked at the V200, decent phone. It was my first choice but saw it in the shop and it was quite big compared to the S300, tiny!...

> V200 also has the swivelling camera which is decent. And quite handy.
> I would definitely recommend a Samsung.

The camera would be handy but none of my mates have a camera phone let alone one with colour! This is mainly what switched my mind to the S300. When the time comes to upgrade I'll just change phones.

> Make sure you are with O2 as well.

Why? Considering going with T-Mobile on a contract. With them at the moment on Pay As You Go. They're quite good and the contract Im looking at would be really cheap. Are O2 any good?
Sun 21/09/03 at 20:03
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Why? wrote:
> The phone Im getting is the Samsung S300...

Get a Siemens S55. The sell Fifa 2003 for it and there are bound to be some new releases.

N.B: I didn't buy it, I won it off of Fanta. You will probably find it around £300 with the Quick Pic camera. Cool
Sun 21/09/03 at 16:46
"I love yo... lamp."
The i button is for internet. You know WAP.

I don't have an S300, I have a V200 though. V200 doesn't have Java so doesn't have dowloadable games. But it has a great screen, good menu, 40 note polyphonic ringtones which sound great.

As they are both the same manufacturer I imagine that will be the same for both.

Battery life suffers because of the colour screen. Especially when using wap because that needs screen and to make a call at the same time. But it is still a good few days on standby.

V200 also has the swivelling camera which is decent. And quite handy. I would definitely recommend a Samsung. Make sure you are with O2 as well.
Sun 21/09/03 at 16:36
Regular
The fone is really awful mate.

I tried it out in shop when I was getting a new mobile and thought it was really rubbish, has an arial that jams into your hand and the buttons are just plain awkward. Menu is hard to navigate and there is an ( i ) button there for NO REASON!

Anyway, about downloads. Check in magazines near the back, they always have adverts for tones, wallpapers and more recently downloadable games. Most of them have websites too so you can have a look before you buy.
Sun 21/09/03 at 14:13
Im going to purchase a new phone next week, one which you can donwload Java games etc. What I want to know is what games are there about and where can I get them from? How much does it cost and how to go about it?

There are only about two games on the phone when I buy it as far as its says and I fancy downloading a few decent ones. Anyone recommend any decent games? I've seen Fifa about and a penalty shootout one. And off course Pac-Man but where do I get them.

The phone Im getting is the Samsung S300, and it says it allows downloads...

Cheers, chat away!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.