GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Micheal Owen - good at penalties?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/09/03 at 00:59
Regular
"This is my tagline"
Liverpool 2 - 1 Leicester Another good performance, and we deserved to win. We have now got a really good attacking team.

Its weird, because ive always thought of micheal owen as an amazing striker but an absolutely awful penalty taker, but hes scored the last few hes taken and it seems many people disagree with me. What do u guys think?
Mon 22/09/03 at 22:14
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Der Nazi wrote:

> Should add that Pat Jennings once scored directly from a goal kick.

Yes i remember that very well... the ball took one bounce and looped over the opponent keeper into the net... way back in the early to mid 70's if i recall correctly (but dont quote me on that :)
Mon 22/09/03 at 17:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ruud van Nistelrooy's a good penalty-taker, but look at what's happened to him, so far, this season!

All good strikers and goal-scorers and expected to be able to put the ball in the back of the next, from 12-yards, with confidence and ease, yes...

But all good strikers go through "bad-patches".

The occasion can also affect how a players takes his chance.
If a lot of things are on his mind, he may well bottle it, because he is not able to concentrate as well as usual - and that is why I believe Ruud failed, with the Vieira incident bugging him, in the 93rd minute, with Arsénal.

Liverpool are certainly under pressure to improve, with all that's been made of their below-par start to the season, so far.
Mon 22/09/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Schemichel and Chivalert are the only regular goalscorers in that selection: Chivalert is a dab hand at penalties and free kicks, and in Schemichel's early career he was Hvidore's penalty taker, scoring seven times in two seasons. He also grabbed a couple of goals for United, and one for Denmark.

As for the Poom and Glass, they're just well known for scoring a single good goal (Glass' more important than inspirational).

Should add that Pat Jennings once scored directly from a goal kick.
Sun 21/09/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Poom scored a great goal and got Sunderland a point. He's joined Schmeichel, Chilavert and Glass as goalkeeper goal scorers.

As for the penalties, Shearer has missed his last 2 but everyone says he is a good penalty taker. I think the whole myth of Owen been bad at penalties was when he missed a load last season.
Sun 21/09/03 at 12:26
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
It was the best goal ive seen scored by a keeper... he rose like a salmon.

Not only was it a last minute equaliser but against his old club too... you just couldnt write that script, it truly was a superb header tho... theres not a striker on the planet that wouldnt have felt proud to have nutted it in like Poom did :D
Sun 21/09/03 at 02:17
Regular
"360: swfcman"
rabid wrote:
(Mark Poom excluded) :P

That werent half a leap. Nice header too.
Sun 21/09/03 at 02:12
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I think that any International striker should be expected to score penalties at the very least 80% of the time.

I dont think theres anything unusual about it... its only when they miss that people tend to raise an eyebrow and rightfully so.

Owen may miss 2 in a row then score the next 8 in a row... its a perfectly acceptable return, at the end of the day he is a striker and we keep hearing just how natural he is so its only fair to expect him to score the vast amount of penalties he takes.

If anyone thought he wasnt such a great penalty taker or not such a great header of the ball then surely that would make him a goalkeeper and not a striker (Mark Poom excluded) :P
Sun 21/09/03 at 00:59
Regular
"This is my tagline"
Liverpool 2 - 1 Leicester Another good performance, and we deserved to win. We have now got a really good attacking team.

Its weird, because ive always thought of micheal owen as an amazing striker but an absolutely awful penalty taker, but hes scored the last few hes taken and it seems many people disagree with me. What do u guys think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.