GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Im beginning to like The Darkness."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/09/03 at 19:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The songs are so damn catchy.

"Growing on me" is really growing on me.

Ironically.
Tue 30/09/03 at 17:36
"I love yo... lamp."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I am happy. Every CD the Darkness sells is a poke in the eye to
> people
> like 50 Cent and Ludicrous, to Gareth Gates (it's a mullet, look at
> it) and Will Young, to Liberty X etc.
>
> PLease don't class 50 Cent and Ludacris in the same categories as
> Will Young and Liberty X, you ignorant twonk.

Why not? Both annoy me and sound like drivel. Hip hop used to have some good artists, like Tupac and Dre. Now we have a million Nelly clones.

It's boring and it's stale.
Tue 30/09/03 at 14:36
Regular
"gibbon"
i have seen the darkness twice and they are better than on cd, there just a great band that dont take themselves to seriuosly yay for darkness
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
One of the best songs on the album, I must say.
Mon 29/09/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Light of the world"
I like that song

The video...no

the song yes
Sun 28/09/03 at 21:39
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Their album was featured in The Month with the Sunday Times, despite it being out for ages. There are samples of about six tracks, most I'd heard before, but one of the ones I hadn't was absolute garbage.

Get Your Hands Off My Woman I still believe was inspired.
Sun 28/09/03 at 14:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Goatboy wrote:
> Why monkey_man, you have changed haven't you?
> I remember you defending these spandex love-truncheons....

I have to admit that the "Growing on Me" tune was quite catchy. Before that they had the pretty bad "Get Your Hands Off Of My Woman", so the third single was the decider:

They stink.

"I Believe In A Thing Called Love". Utter rubbish, permy stadium cok-rock, tripe. That bit with the stamping and clapping hands - hope Snuggly enjoys doing that next Tuesday at the MTV2 bash when they play ;)
Sun 28/09/03 at 12:12
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I am happy. Every CD the Darkness sells is a poke in the eye to people
> like 50 Cent and Ludicrous, to Gareth Gates (it's a mullet, look at
> it) and Will Young, to Liberty X etc.

PLease don't class 50 Cent and Ludacris in the same categories as Will Young and Liberty X, you ignorant twonk.
Sun 28/09/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Why monkey_man, you have changed haven't you?
I remember you defending these spandex love-truncheons....

They are not a poke in the eye to Gareth Gates. They *are* Gareth Gates, just with 80s wigs on.
The Darkness surge to the top of the charts rehashing Saxon songs and meanwhile thousands of decent rock bands struggle to get noticed.

*shrugs*

15 mins almost up...enjoy your NME cover The Darkness, you'll be back to Butlins shows soon enough
Sun 28/09/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The worst comment I've read about them so far in a newspaper is that they're the "new British rock hopefuls". What? A joke band that plays hair-metal covers from the 80s are expected to be our new rock saviours? I think they should be shot before anyone else as gullible takes in their act.
Sun 28/09/03 at 04:17
"I love yo... lamp."
I am happy. Every CD the Darkness sells is a poke in the eye to people like 50 Cent and Ludicrous, to Gareth Gates (it's a mullet, look at it) and Will Young, to Liberty X etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.