GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problems with renewing my Domain Name."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/09/03 at 11:51
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
haignet.co.uk

I have been informed that my Domain Name is required for renewal.

For some reason, whenever I attempt to renew my Domain Name, I am not given the option to do so. Instead, have a single option of 'not now', which isn't very helpful at all.

I contacted your online support team, who's response were "We don't know why that's happening - call the support line", which I can accept. However, as my time is limited, I am unable to allow long periods of time to make a call, and when I have done so, I've been unable to get through to someone before having to hang up and get back to doing other things.

I do not want to loose this Domain Name, its use is vital as a means of contact, and I would like some assistance in getting it renewed. I intend to stick with Freeola for my hosting and E-mail as I am happy with the service, so I would have thought it would be a simple procedure ... but for whatever reason, it is not.

The Domain Name runs out at the beginning of November, so with that time I am expecting that you can easily have it sorted by then.

I've already had problems with renewing before, and even had a name de-tagged because of your failure to inform me of a renewal being needed. It was down to Darkus (someone who I believe doesn't work within the Freeola/Getdotted division) to get some assistance for me. Lets not have something like this happen again.

In short, I want to renew my Domain name, but your system is not allowing me to do so easily. Can you assist me??

Thank you.
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:37
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Can someone tell me how long it takes the system to update the renewal??

I've got a receipt from you about the new expiry date (Nov 2005) but the getdotted search still states a 2003 expire date.

Has the renewal gone through ok??

Thank you.
Sat 20/09/03 at 14:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Thank you.

Although I have since found that you accept renewals by post, and so I have posted a cheque with the required form.

I've just come back from posting it. Shame I didn't wait for 20 minutes, ah well.

Thanks for correcting whatever problem the system was having.
Sat 20/09/03 at 14:02
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
Should be OK now...
Sat 20/09/03 at 08:20
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
How do SR make something so simple so complicated ?
Fri 19/09/03 at 14:18
Regular
"bing bang bong"
This would probably be better in the customer service forum, although admittedly the staffies do check here too.
Fri 19/09/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ring them now, it's usually not too bad this time of day...
Fri 19/09/03 at 11:51
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
haignet.co.uk

I have been informed that my Domain Name is required for renewal.

For some reason, whenever I attempt to renew my Domain Name, I am not given the option to do so. Instead, have a single option of 'not now', which isn't very helpful at all.

I contacted your online support team, who's response were "We don't know why that's happening - call the support line", which I can accept. However, as my time is limited, I am unable to allow long periods of time to make a call, and when I have done so, I've been unable to get through to someone before having to hang up and get back to doing other things.

I do not want to loose this Domain Name, its use is vital as a means of contact, and I would like some assistance in getting it renewed. I intend to stick with Freeola for my hosting and E-mail as I am happy with the service, so I would have thought it would be a simple procedure ... but for whatever reason, it is not.

The Domain Name runs out at the beginning of November, so with that time I am expecting that you can easily have it sorted by then.

I've already had problems with renewing before, and even had a name de-tagged because of your failure to inform me of a renewal being needed. It was down to Darkus (someone who I believe doesn't work within the Freeola/Getdotted division) to get some assistance for me. Lets not have something like this happen again.

In short, I want to renew my Domain name, but your system is not allowing me to do so easily. Can you assist me??

Thank you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.