GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I didn’t mean to kill him."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/09/03 at 09:44
"Darth Vader 3442321"
It is often said that telling complete strangers about a terrible event in your past, can be therapeutic, though perhaps selfish. I know that I regularly post a lot of garbage and don’t take anything seriously but my humour is often employed as a defence mechanism, as I try to come to terms with my actions.

When I was four my best friend in the world was Danny. He was smaller than me and very quiet; so I was always very protective towards him and made sure that any games we played didn’t get too rough. One day we were playing hide and seek. Danny was excellent at this as he was able to hide in the smallest of nooks and crannies, in fact he was probably the best hide and seeker I’d ever met. Anyway after counting to 100 I went to seek him out, but Danny, unbeknown to me, had hidden himself in the large pot plant (a huge Spider leafy thing) in the lounge. I couldn’t find him anywhere and after an hour I started to get angry.

When he eventually allowed himself to be found I was furious and in a moment of madness I did it, I grabbed him and throttled him. I didn’t realise that he had stopped breathing, I couldn’t stop myself. I was terrified and exulted in equal measures, and if I was older I probably would have been sporting a hardon, such was the primal enjoyment I was experiencing. Mum’s piercing scream snapped be back into reality. I let go and watched in detached uninterested as the body fell to the floor. Mum kept on screaming, screaming and screaming “what have you done? What have you done, he’s only small!”

Danny was two years old.

I had counselling and was briefly taken into care, as they weren’t convinced that I wasn’t about to do the same thing to another poor wretched soul. I’m told, not that I remember, I used to laugh about what I had done and the psychiatrist had to be restrained by passing staff in the hospital once. I must have been evil.

I wrote a poem to get me through:

“Danny’s gone, a gone away, he’s dead,
Never again a smile to form upon his head,
His future gone before it could be read”.

When I returned home, the atmosphere in the house was muted and my parents weren’t talking to me anymore. I got scornful looks from them if I spoke and so I too became silent. One day mum sat me down and asked me why I did it. I told her and she said she didn’t understand. I insisted that I was sorry and explained how much I missed the fact that I was never going to be able to hold Danny on my arms again. She laughed a bitter laugh and said

“He’s gone, gone forever because of you. Stick insects don’t grow on trees you know”

They don’t grow on trees.
Fri 19/09/03 at 14:46
In that case, I'm a mass murderer.
Fri 19/09/03 at 14:37
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Pyonth wrote:
> I get the feeling that he didn't write it...

You're right. I blatantly plagarised it by copying the words directly from my brain into the message box.
Fri 19/09/03 at 12:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Goatboy wrote:

> Who is Grandprix?

What did you want to know about me Goatboy?
Fri 19/09/03 at 09:20
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Lawri wrote:
> who the FCUK names their stick insect
> Danny...?

He was an Irish stick insect so it seemed appropriate.
Fri 19/09/03 at 09:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And this is why I said "Vote Sagacious One"

Who is Grandprix?
Fri 19/09/03 at 09:12
"Darth Vader 3442321"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> now that is a masterpiece of writing.
> did that come out right?

Yup. It sure did.
Fri 19/09/03 at 00:20
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Clever stuff...
Fri 19/09/03 at 00:12
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
**pi$$e$ self laughing**

Fantastic...but one thing...who the FCUK names their stick insect Danny...?
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:17
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Great peice of writing, The Sagacious one.
Thu 18/09/03 at 18:51
Regular
He's wrote equally brilliant pieces before

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.