GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*** SR F! AWARD CEREMONY *** (Please read all SR F1ers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/09/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is your opportunity to have your say on you season. This is a bit of fun at the end of a long season. Have a laugh, congratulate the winners (and losers) and scroll down a bit at a time so as not to spoil the surprises. A comment for the final three categories of winners would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the award ceremony that makes the Mercury Music Awards look almost respectable. We’ve been treated to yet another amazing year in the Special Reserve F1 Championship. We’ve had up, downs, twists, turns, smashes, retirements and victories. Here is a list of the winners of the 17 rounds this season and who was pole position in that race.

Australia: Fisichella (Badgerman) - PP: Coulthard (Absolut Neo)
Malaysia: Trulli (Ant) – PP: Trulli (Ant)
Brazil: Coulthard (Absolut Neo) – PP: De La Rosa (Virtuoso)
San Marino: Heidfeld (Shadow) – PP: Heidfeld (Shadow)
Spain: Villeneuve (Sdrawkcab) – PP: Alonso (Jetster)
Austria: Villeneuve (Sdrawkcab) – PP: Fisichella (Badgerman)
Monaco: Villeneuve (Sdrawkacb) – PP: Alonso (Jetster)
Canada: R Schumacher (Vamp) – PP: R Schumacher (Vamp)
Europe: Verstappen (Jae) – PP: Alonso (Jetster)
France: Montoya (Afrojoe) – PP: De La Rosa (Virtuoso)
Britain: Firman (DW) – PP: Frentzen (Figo)
Germany: De La Rosa (Virtuoso) – PP: Coulthard (Absolut Neo)
Hungary: Firman (DW) – PP: Da Matta (Grandprix)
Belgium: Frentzen (Figo) – PP: Firman (DW)
Italy: Coulthard (Absolut Neo) – PP: Fisichella (Badgerman)
USA: Heidfeld (Shadow) – PP: Webber (Evil Dark)
Japan: Pizzonia (Jules) - PP: Firman (DW)

That brings us to our first two awards tonight. The first award is most pole positions in the season. The winner is:

MOST POLE POSITIONS:

ALONSO (JETSTER) with 3

Runners up: Coulthard (Absolut Neo), Firman (DW), Fisichella (Badgerman), De La Rosa (Virtuoso) with 2.

Please accept your prize.

The second award goes to the most wins in the season. The winner is:

MOST WINS:

VILLENEUVE (SDRAWKCAB) with 3

Runners up: Coulthard (Absolut Neo), Firman (DW) and Heidfeld (Shadow) with 2.

Please accept your prize

With the season being over 17 rounds, you are guaranteed to have moments of drama and laughter. We are going to award the funniest moment of the season. So, the next award is the funniest moment of the season, voted by an independent adjudicator.

The nominees are:

DW and Badgerman’s pet names for their drivers
DW and Badgerman’s constant battle over who is better
Absolut Neo changing to Coulthard and Ralf Schumacher then scoring points
Barrichello’s (Unbeliever) ‘smashing’ good time in France

The winner is:

FUNNIEST MOMENT:

ABSOLUT NEO

Please accept your award.

The next award is for the best rivalry of the season. This is not necessarily about the whole season but it’s the rivalry that the independent adjudicator sees as the best of the season.

The nominees are:

DW and Virtuoso
DW and Badgerman
Der Nazi and Villeneuve
Foreman and Evil Dark

The winner is:

BEST RIVALRY:

DW AND BADGERMAN

Come on down and accept your award. There is no need to fight though, there is an award for both of you.

We’ve now come to the two dreaded awards. We are going to hand out the wooden spoon awards to the driver and team with the least amount of points at the end of the season. The first of these awards will be given to the Constructor first.

The winner, or should I say loser, is:

TOYOTA (FOREMAN & GRANDPRIX)

The final dreaded award goes to the driver with the least points.

The winner/loser is:

PANIS (FOREMAN)

We move into the last three awards and probably the most important awards. We will be handing out the award for best poster of the season, the trophies for the Constructors Champions and the trophies for the Drivers Championship.

I WOULD THESE THREE CATEGORIES OF AWARDS TO BE OFFICIALLY COLLECTED AND A SPEECH GIVEN!!!

The award up next is the award for best poster. I’ve been thoroughly delighted with the response that this year’s championship has received and plans are already underway for this Championship to run into a 3rd year. I personally want to thank everyone for spending the time reading, contributing and maybe even learning something from the efforts I have put into this. Without you, this could not be possible.

The nominees are:

DW
Badgerman
Ineedsleep
Absolut Neo
Shadow
Der Nazi
Foreman
Afrojoe
Virtuoso

Every single person who has contributed deserves recognition but there must be a winner.

The winner is:

BEST POSTER:

INEEDSLEEP

Please accept you award.

The Constructors Championship is a hotly contested title and it’s very rare in the SR F1 Championship that this title gets wrapped up before the final race. This year was no exception. It was yet another close season in the Constructors and we award the top 3.

In 3rd place:

B.A.R with 81pts (DER NAZI & SDRAWKCAB)

In 2nd place:

RENAULT with 83pts (JETSTER & ANT)

And the winner is:

JORDAN with 99pts (DW & BADGERMAN)

Please accept your trophies.

We come to the final award of the evening and it is the crowning of the Drivers Champion for 2003. Many drivers led the Championship over the season. Fisichella, Raikkonen, Trulli, Villeneuve, Alonso and Firman all held the top spot during the season but there can only be one winner. We will award the top 3 and you are asked to collect your trophy and give a speech, especially the new Champion.

In 3rd place:

HEIDFELD with 45pts (SHADOW)

In 2nd place:

ALONSO with 48pts (JETSTER)

And now, the winner and 2003 SR F1 Champion:

FIRMAN with 73pts (DW)

That’s it for the 2003 season. Again, I’d like to thank everyone. To keep something like this running over a long period of time is a very hard job. I hope there will be a new season in the future and that all who have been stalwarts this year will return to fight it out again.

This is Grandprix signing off. I hope you’ve all enjoyed it and thank you all once again for your support.
Tue 23/09/03 at 18:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Indeed.
Tue 23/09/03 at 17:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's Raikkonen. Kimi Raikkonen, license to drive his McLaren. :)
Tue 23/09/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Is it Raikonnen, Raikonnaen or what?
Mon 22/09/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Ineedsleep wrote:

> I would like to race as Raikkenon again.

Oh bumblebees!! You'd think that at the end of the season I would at least know how to spell his name.
Mon 22/09/03 at 00:19
Regular
"I like cheese"
Constructors Championship:

>In 2nd place:

>RENAULT with 83pts (JETSTER & ANT)

Not bad. {:) Well done Jetty-Wetty, hopefully we can be team-mates again next year and win it this time...it's a shame you were too slow in the first few races when I picked up all our points. ;D

Cheers Matteh dude, great stuff. {:) Looking forward to a new year of SR F1, keep me updated.
Sun 21/09/03 at 22:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Thank you all very much. A third season is very likely. I will probably give previous owners rights to their drivers for next season for a limited time only. Maybe, still undecided.
Sun 21/09/03 at 21:02
Regular
"This is my tagline"
k thats fine ill have Pizzonia again
Sun 21/09/03 at 20:41
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
* Ineedsleep approaches to collect the award for best poster - I say, that's a little undignified! Is it normal to come running to the front while trampling all over the other nominees and laughing gleefully at someone on the way as well? *

Wow - an award for me? I am delighted to accept this award and would like to thank my publisher, my agent, my oh wait .. sorry wrong acceptance speech.

Hush Jules in a moment.

Excellent season Grandprix, thanks for all the work you put into it. I hope we do get a 3rd season I'm looking forward to it. I've already (grudingly I'll admit) congratulated the winner before I went on holdiay so I would now like .......

Yes, yes, Jules in a minute!! Gods I heard you shouting all the way from my hols in Scotland!!

... to commiserate the losers. Better luck next time guys :) Raikkenon needs a little of that luck as well.

Oh and Jules, sorry but if we are already booking our drivers for next season then yes - I would like to race as Raikkenon again.
Sat 20/09/03 at 15:13
Regular
"This is my tagline"
INEEDSLEEP do u still want raikkonen?
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:45
Regular
If the person who is Ralf Schumacher doesnt want him can i have him?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.