GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"News on the Upwire"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/02/01 at 22:28
Regular
SpecialReserve just sent out an email, which lead me to this story....

News on the Upwire: The ugly truth about online dating
Web posted on 25/2/01.

The anonymity of the internet can be advantageous but, if you begin courting over the internet, it does mean that what you see is not necessarily always what you get.
Take the case of Trevor Tasker, a 28 year old from Yorkshire, who travelled out to meet the woman he had been internet dating. The woman, Wynema Faye Shumate, was apparently in her 30s and she even sent him a revealing photograph which made him hop on a plane over to the USA to meet his new love.

Somewhat predictably the photograph was slightly misleading. The woman in the photo was actually Wynema Faye Shumate. It just happened to be taken 30 years earlier. Once Trevor got over the shock of meeting his 65 year old date at the airport he quickly recovered and they went back to her place to enjoy the rest of his holiday.

While Trevor coped quite well with the revelation of Wynema's age, the dismembered human corpse she kept in her freezer proved a more substantial stumbling block to their blossoming relationship. The corpse was the previous owner of the house who died of natural causes. Wynema lopped of his leg and stuffed him in the freezer to continue living in the house (for a whole year!) and claiming money on his behalf.

Wynema Faye Shumate has been sentenced to one year in prison for fraud and unlawful removal of a dead body. Trevor Tasker will presumably be a little more careful next time he visits a chat room.

The Simian Sleuth

What do you think??? My friend Jason got strung along by his flatmate Andy, but the story above really takes the biscuit!
Tue 27/02/01 at 22:28
SpecialReserve just sent out an email, which lead me to this story....

News on the Upwire: The ugly truth about online dating
Web posted on 25/2/01.

The anonymity of the internet can be advantageous but, if you begin courting over the internet, it does mean that what you see is not necessarily always what you get.
Take the case of Trevor Tasker, a 28 year old from Yorkshire, who travelled out to meet the woman he had been internet dating. The woman, Wynema Faye Shumate, was apparently in her 30s and she even sent him a revealing photograph which made him hop on a plane over to the USA to meet his new love.

Somewhat predictably the photograph was slightly misleading. The woman in the photo was actually Wynema Faye Shumate. It just happened to be taken 30 years earlier. Once Trevor got over the shock of meeting his 65 year old date at the airport he quickly recovered and they went back to her place to enjoy the rest of his holiday.

While Trevor coped quite well with the revelation of Wynema's age, the dismembered human corpse she kept in her freezer proved a more substantial stumbling block to their blossoming relationship. The corpse was the previous owner of the house who died of natural causes. Wynema lopped of his leg and stuffed him in the freezer to continue living in the house (for a whole year!) and claiming money on his behalf.

Wynema Faye Shumate has been sentenced to one year in prison for fraud and unlawful removal of a dead body. Trevor Tasker will presumably be a little more careful next time he visits a chat room.

The Simian Sleuth

What do you think??? My friend Jason got strung along by his flatmate Andy, but the story above really takes the biscuit!
Wed 28/02/01 at 16:15
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If you think THAT was bad, just wait till you meet Grix...

:-)
Wed 28/02/01 at 16:19
Regular
I'm having serious thoughts to eating your wife...
Wed 28/02/01 at 16:24
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
What do you lot think about those e-mails they send out. I get them but I only ever read the news stories. What else do they have in them?
Wed 28/02/01 at 16:25
Regular
Don't tell me you never get the £10 vouchers at the bottom!

You idiot!
Wed 28/02/01 at 17:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
£10 vouchers? Excellent, I never noticed them before! Do they do good games?
Wed 28/02/01 at 17:18
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I'm having serious thoughts to eating your wife...

Seen Hannibal Grix? I was gonna attempt to get in last Saturday!
Wed 28/02/01 at 23:09
I heard the end is pretty sick!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.