GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS trouble."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario 64'.
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Well considering that I have completely, absolutely, 100% finshed Super Mario 64 DS, I think its time that I need to get a new game!
I've just got my pay cheque (woo \o/) however I'm not too sure what to get next for the DS.
There have been a few recommendations that seem pretty tempting (Yoshi's Touch and Go and Pac Pix) but are both limited gaming experiences apparently (according to a majority of the reviews from gamerakings and so forth), however I would fully appreciate it if you could give me your opinions of the games above.

Ta. :)
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:59
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Yoshi's meant to be very good. Could of got either Pac or Yoshi and went for Pac.

Both are more high score beating games so perhaps they're not what you're after.. but Pac at least, is alot of fun. And so ive heard, Yoshi is aswell. Along with Wario ware and Zoo keeper. Short bursts of yay-ness. I do need a good dose of it now and then.

Ridge racer and NFS are out now aswell.

Larger games.. Another Code, not sure if its still called that.
Lost in Blue which looks to be the DS Castaway sim. Apparently it's an old game returning. never heard of it.

But if you want something now.. Pac or Wario.. or Yoshi.
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:59
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Bar Fire Emblem, I have all those GBA games, all great to play in my opinion. Yeah, thanks for your opinion mate, its much appreciated, and one that I'll take into account.

I'm gonna pop round the shops this weekend (treat myself after my exams), so I'll have a little look if Yoshi's is there. Polarium looks pretty addictive, however it also looks depressingly cheap and makes no use of the hardware at all use, really. But that may be down to me being a cynical ****. :p
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:54
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
Get yourself Polarium which is a bargain at only £20.A hard but satisfying game.
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Damn fine game. It's more of a puzzle game than anything - high score challenge and all that, so if that's what you're after then go for it. if you're expecting something more substantial you might want to check into the GBA back catalogue (if you haven't already). On that front I reccommend Zelda Minish Cap, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Fire Emblem. They should all last you a fair while.
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:51
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Gah. Well I really want to make a good use out of my lovley little DS. And it looks like a game that is easy to pick and play....

What about other releases at the moment? And what about Yoshi's Touch and Go? As appealing the name is....
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:46
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Fair doo's.. but the novelty idea works well
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yeah, it looks alright I suppose, but the whole concept seems to be a bit, well, novelty orientated. Much like the console at the moment.

I might have to wait until something that reaches 'essential' status comes out.

Nrrrr....
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:33
Regular
"hit the road jack"
But shell a bit out for Pac-Pix.

It's verr good. I can see myself keep on going back to it. It's not going to be finished and put back on the shelf forever.
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:31
"period drama"
Save until something substantial comes out.
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Well considering that I have completely, absolutely, 100% finshed Super Mario 64 DS, I think its time that I need to get a new game!
I've just got my pay cheque (woo \o/) however I'm not too sure what to get next for the DS.
There have been a few recommendations that seem pretty tempting (Yoshi's Touch and Go and Pac Pix) but are both limited gaming experiences apparently (according to a majority of the reviews from gamerakings and so forth), however I would fully appreciate it if you could give me your opinions of the games above.

Ta. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.