GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Formula 1 2005 details and poll!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Formula 1 2005'.
Tue 07/06/05 at 21:22
Regular
Hi Guys, This is my first post so please be friendly! lol!. I will get straight to the point. Do any of you have any details on the new formula 1 2005 ps2 game and do they have red flags, safety cars etc. Also i would like to start a poll on who you think will win this years formula 1 championship and also why you think the driver you have chosen will win. Now get voting!!
Wed 15/06/05 at 11:57
Regular
hi guys thanks for voting. i would like more news on the game and keep posting who you think will be world champion this year.
Fri 10/06/05 at 20:24
Regular
schumi is just racing these days because he enjoys it. He hold almost every record and has more money than perhaps the rest of the grid combined. hes in the best team and the most presitgious car. whats there to complain about. He knows next year with the new engine rules it'll be a level playing field.
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
hard to say but has to be alonso or kimi. At least shummi aint complaining and blaming it on someone else. a true sportsman.
Fri 10/06/05 at 17:14
Regular
when i say cost them 5 months work, i mean thats how much was lost in the fire. It wouldnt have taken them 5 months to get back to that stage as most of the technical and diagram work would have been backed up elsewhere.
Something i can tell you from watching F1 for 19 odd years. Fissi is a good driver with a great car thats why he won, he isnt consistant thats been shown through the rest of the season. Kimi Raikonnen is a poor driver, most people wont agree with me, but he is only being successful because of his car, the only reason he got the F1 drive is because of Mika Hakkinen. He has made so many mistakes these past years. JPM is not that bad hes been stuck with the 2nd car which is never as good as the lead drivers.
Fri 10/06/05 at 13:10
Regular
y2cragie wrote:
> Neither Renault or Mclaren have two consistant drivers like Ferrari.

I'm a big Ferrari fan, and in particular a Schumacher fan, but I don't think that statements very fair. Fisichella is an excellent driver whose retirements this year often haven't been his fault. He did of course win the first race of the year as well, which is better than either Ferrari.

As for Montoya, at the moment I might agree - its taking him a long time to get used to things, but again, that's partly due to the tennis accident that resulted in him missing races. With a little more time, I think Montoya could really start to make use of the car in the same way he did at Williams.

On a different note though, thanks for that info about the fire at the base in Italy. I didn't know about that. Still, five months sounds like a bit of an overestimate though...

Anyway, I agree with those who said Schumacher/Ferrari could still win a race or races this year - I certainly hope its true.
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, I'd say Ferrari's lack of speed is down to the tyres more than the car. San Marino was proof of that because both car and tyre worked and pushed Alonso all the way.

Ferrari will win a race this season, no doubt in my mind about that. They aren't going to win the Championship in my opinion.
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:24
Regular
f1 2005 looks ok.
I hope people understand the reason Ferrari are so poor this year has alot to do with a fire at the main factory in italy. It cost them a good 5 months work which they are only now catching up with. They will win races this year. My first guess will be the US grand prix, the Ferrari in a straight line is the fastest car out there. the Indy track is a high speed track which will suit the ferrari well. they will also have a very good chance in hungary and belgium if the bridgestones continue to get better. if Schumi wins out, it would require Alonso to not finish in the points in at least 5 races same goes for Raikonnen. With the reliability of both those cars barring anymore tyre screw ups chances of Schumacher winning the title this year are slim. Ferrari can however still clinch the constructors title which is most likely the team goal from here on out. Neither Renault or Mclaren have two consistant drivers like Ferrari.
Thu 09/06/05 at 11:10
Regular
ok ok, i know it was in english, but its a figure of speech to say if you do not understand something, in english please.
Thu 09/06/05 at 09:38
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> And seeing as the only language I speak and type in is English, to a
> shockingly high level of quality, I can only assume that it was in
> English as well.

Show-off.
Thu 09/06/05 at 08:46
Regular
schummmi wrote:
> Do you think like me that Michael schumacher can still win

To be honest, I don't think he stands a chance this season. He has had some bad luck in a few races, getting shunted off a little and has also generated his own bad luck on occasion, but mostly its just down to the car and particularly the tyres which just aren't up to standard this year.

It'd be nice if he had a spectacular victory later in the season, one to kind of say "If we had the car, look what we can do" kinda thing, but its a one and a half horse race between Alonso and Raikonnen (no idea if I have the right number of ks and ns that name).

As for the game, if you are a massive fan of F1 and want a game more for the fact that its based around F1 than a good driving experience, then F1 2005 will no doubt be a fine purchase. Its previews were reasonable and it'll no doubt be realistic, but if you're willing to branch away from F1, to simply enjoy a racing game rather than a specific type of racing game, then Gran Turismo 4 is hard to beat. On a more arcade style front, there's also Midnight Club, Need for Speed and of course Burnout. Plenty of choice if you're willing to branch away.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.