GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Computer Problems-BSOD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/09/03 at 15:30
Regular
My computer keeps on crashing going into the 'blue screen of death', it is getting very annoying and i do not know what is wrong with my computer. It has been doing this for a while now, and i formatted my hardrive last week to see if that would solve the problem, but it didn't make any difference. It is impossible to play games, and is very hard to use the internet with it. The light which tells me if my hardrive is processing data is permantely on even if the hardrive isn't doing anything, and my computer is becoming increasingly slow!
The specs for the system are:
600mhz
Pentium 2
128MB Ram
29GB Hardrive
32MB Graphics
Windows 98 - I have tried updating the OS but it made the problem worse.
I have ADSL, which doesn't run at the speed it should. I was thinking that it might be the Ram, but i dont know. And i do not think my system overheats.
If you could help me that would be great.
Thanks
Quazi
Sun 21/09/03 at 21:14
Regular
"programmers rule!"
make sure the bios knows the hard drives there.
blue screen of death usually means a hardware fault and more often means a bios fault. check to see if all the settings are properly suited to your machine
Fri 19/09/03 at 20:55
Regular
Try removing the original hard drive - Put a (formatted) drive in and install windows.
Fri 19/09/03 at 18:35
Regular
I inserted another hardrive, but it didn't work and asked for a boot disk, but i dunno why it would need one as it had an OS already installed!!!
I think i may have another HD hanging around the house!
Sun 14/09/03 at 16:33
Regular
Miserableman wrote:
> Sounds like a hardware failure of some sort, possibly the hard disk.
> Is it making any unusual noises? How long does it have to be on
> before it BSODs?

If the computer has to load up to many things, like a video or even a web-site with some flash on it will BSOD. I do have a smaller hardrive which i could test on the system.
Sun 14/09/03 at 16:12
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Sounds like a hardware failure of some sort, possibly the hard disk. Is it making any unusual noises? How long does it have to be on before it BSODs?
Sun 14/09/03 at 15:30
Regular
My computer keeps on crashing going into the 'blue screen of death', it is getting very annoying and i do not know what is wrong with my computer. It has been doing this for a while now, and i formatted my hardrive last week to see if that would solve the problem, but it didn't make any difference. It is impossible to play games, and is very hard to use the internet with it. The light which tells me if my hardrive is processing data is permantely on even if the hardrive isn't doing anything, and my computer is becoming increasingly slow!
The specs for the system are:
600mhz
Pentium 2
128MB Ram
29GB Hardrive
32MB Graphics
Windows 98 - I have tried updating the OS but it made the problem worse.
I have ADSL, which doesn't run at the speed it should. I was thinking that it might be the Ram, but i dont know. And i do not think my system overheats.
If you could help me that would be great.
Thanks
Quazi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.