GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Fantastic Tortoise Music Festival"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/09/03 at 03:23
Regular
I've been looking for ideas on how to make money.

Animation is great, but if I ever tried to live off it without being an absolute professional, I'd be quickly dead.

I had a look through gap year stuff... decided to take a gap year this year, relax a bit, try and get through this tumor biz and get animating a bit more.

In the "ways to fund your gap year" section, I started reading about what people did to make money so they could travel.

A man did a parachute jump and raised £200 or so, pushing a VW Beetle for 5 miles, £250.

And another girl did this fashion show. She got models, clothes, everything, local talent or something, sold drink on the premises, made an absolute fortune.

And she gave -part- of the money to charity.

Now that's where I suddenly got a bit confused. I didn't realise you could do that.

I mean, all the charity events to raise money for causes etc... it escapes my mind that the organisers actually KEEP some of the money for themselves.

Which has inspired me ever so slightly.

What if I organised some sort of event... well not on my own, obviously, I'd kill myself that way too.

But to raise money for Cancer Research, and at the same time allow myself to raise a bit of cash so I can see about travelling abroad, buying myself a car, funding animations, etc..?

It sounds almost too good to be true.

It's a dream. And I think, perhaps, if there's something that's been trying to be taught to me by all this illness I seem to gather, it's that dreams are there to be followed, because to be honest, we haven't really got time to waste.

It's a thought. The First Annual Fantastic Tortoise Music Festival. Held near Cambridge. Invite local bands to play, so it's good publicity for them, can pay them to play if they desire.. charge people per head, maybe get a drinks license so we could sell drink about the place..?

If the effort was made, if every little detail was covered, it could be amazing. Competitions, music, entertainment, raising money for charity, and solving my problem of what to do with my life.

I think I may be insane enough to pull this off.

Who knows. I've got nothing better to do. Perhaps it'll make the world a better place.

Summer next year. Let's see if I can get it organised.
Sun 21/09/03 at 23:26
Regular
Oops, Leda, I think...
Sun 21/09/03 at 23:26
Regular
We want Lead Atomica, woooooo
*thousands of groupies cheer*
Sun 21/09/03 at 16:32
"I love yo... lamp."
Might make a trip down for it then, seeing as you now might have a venue.

What actually happened to Grix healthwise? Never heard anything before.
Sun 21/09/03 at 12:08
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Pop pop.

Location still up the the air. It's looking to be next summer, we've got 7 or so bands from the town already chucking themselves in, we're looking to grab a few from Cambridge, now it's your turn.

Any band around Essex, or who could get here, and would be interested in playing in this festival next Summer, can you give us either a website or some sample tracks of your stuff. We're looking to get as big a variety of music as possible, so it doesn't matter what style you are, though Grix does have certain prejudices - no, you don't get to know what they are in advance ;)

Either e-mail me or add me to msn and have a chat, [email protected]. Even if you don't play in a band, we'll be pimping this more as the project progresses, and the more of you that could turn up and support the cause, the better =) It'll be somewhere around Saffron Walden, so north west essex, and looks to be about 2 days.

Grix would be here himself but he's busy playing Pokémon. Tsk.

So yeah, hope to hear from some of you at least soon, I know a few people expressed interest. I'm off the pry the GBA from his hands..
Tue 16/09/03 at 15:45
Regular
meh meh meh meh rocky meh

:P

There's a possibility we may have a location already, apparently I have to 'leave it' to someone which I'm always weary of doing, but hell.

It'll be near Cambridge then definitely. Gotta start culling bands if this is gonna be that popular.
Tue 16/09/03 at 00:34
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Lol :) Grix posted about it on local music forums, which I'd paste the address of but I think SR don't generally get too happy with other forums being plugged here. Nor would the forums want hundreds of random people turning up to bring even more spam, so find me on MSN should you want that. [email protected] anyhoo, it'll have news on developments and progress there.

People who add me to make it look like they have lots of friends will be dealt with in some as yet undecided yet exceedingly unpleasant way.
Mon 15/09/03 at 22:52
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> One night dedicated to rocky stuff,

Excellent. Vince DiCola, Survivor, the Rocky Orchestra... I'll get my tickets now.
Will you be showing the films too?

:^)
Mon 15/09/03 at 20:58
Regular
Ha ha

Oo I'll sing "Tale as old as time"

WHOOO YEAH! ROCK!
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:49
Regular
Oakenwah?

It's a music festival, remember.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:46
"slightlyshortertagl"
How about brining in Oakenfold, or Fatboy slim?

Good headliner

:-P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.