GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/02/01 at 18:26
Regular
What is the idea of a game? Is it to entertain? Ss it to satisfy? Is a game made to bring the player an experience, which may not be possible in reality... such as flying Aircraft?
The future of games is inevitable. Graphics will improve, sound becomes more realistic, etc etc. But can games develop to a point that satisfy our entertainment euphoria? Take Star trek, can games become like the holodeck, and can they keep satisfying us. It is clear, the only way to keep gamers happy is to supply more violence, more action, and more in-depth story lines. But can we rely on the talented and artistic people that make our lifes more tolerable, to keep on supplying us with excellent new games. I don't believe in the future of games, it seems fate lies in the hands of technology. We have proven 128bit games can be worse than those made on retro arcade. But now it seems, people are manipulated by eye candy, not the gameplay. I know this has been commented on before, but how can we call the future of games better than the previous ones, just because they have more polygons on screen. A little advice for game designers.. Spend the multi million pound budget on making the game playable, not just good to look at.
I don't want USB ports, broad band modems, and powerful CPU's, unless they are there not only for the looks, but for the gameplay.

Just my opinion, please feel free to comment upon this.
Wed 12/08/09 at 08:03
Regular
Due to problems obtaining a big enough bar b que and family illness the bar b que has been delayed, i am looking at monday 31th August (bank Holiday) at the moment. can anyone supply details of anyone who has a large style bar b que that might be available for a loan or anyone who is willing to help get things set up cheers Jamo
Tue 11/08/09 at 20:03
Regular
hi jamo sorry for taking so long to anwser. plots numbers are 6 and 25. address is 54 thrivthick road. names are sonia lewis miss jessica , master james . did catch up with plot 14 and have spoken to him about the water butt and have ask for two. Is waiting for the bus company big container of liquid they use for washing the buses .Is the barue still on later this month.
Thu 11/06/09 at 14:03
Regular
i would like to thank everyone who has signed up for free allotment community membership, welcome, please feel to use our forum and the information contained on our web-site for advice and to help you as a fellow allotmenteer. Please feel free to contact either myself or clive for any help of advice conserning the allotment community website thank you again for joining and participating in our great community

NOT A MEMBER JOIN FREE NOW
Tue 27/02/01 at 23:16
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Games will probably go into a slump sometime within the next few yesrs (it may even be there now?)...

As consoles become even more mainstream... and become a standard entertainment produce for all, people will become more savvy as to a games qulity, and what they want from a title...

I suspect that games will wither be in sync with either the movies industry, or the music industry... where upon...

If game releases become like cenima films, there will only be a few released for a platform per month, due to the development times/costs... there will be mainstream game releases, and cult releases, and unpon initial release, games accessability will be rented rather than owned... possibly due to storage constraints, the standardised constant bradband internet connection, users will pay a much lower fee, say 10 pounds, and be allowed coimplete access for a months gameing, as the game ages, costs will go down...

If games follow the music industry, then less change in the structure of the industry will be required... there will be a few big distributors, as therr are now, but more stable (see Eidos near takeover last year) and much more powerful. there will be a larger base of 'desired' titless (as is currently the case) though they will be less technologically advanced or to the same scale as the film counterpart.
Tue 27/02/01 at 18:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
I WANT USB AND FIREWIRE PORTS!!!

but I can see your point. I have done a few topic on this subject before but as long as Nintendo and Rare are up and around then I and you will have something to look forward to.

Also waayyyyy tooooooooo many games are going to be released on the PS2!! 400 by AUGUST???? WHAA??

I dont want that to happen on other future consoles!
Tue 27/02/01 at 18:26
What is the idea of a game? Is it to entertain? Ss it to satisfy? Is a game made to bring the player an experience, which may not be possible in reality... such as flying Aircraft?
The future of games is inevitable. Graphics will improve, sound becomes more realistic, etc etc. But can games develop to a point that satisfy our entertainment euphoria? Take Star trek, can games become like the holodeck, and can they keep satisfying us. It is clear, the only way to keep gamers happy is to supply more violence, more action, and more in-depth story lines. But can we rely on the talented and artistic people that make our lifes more tolerable, to keep on supplying us with excellent new games. I don't believe in the future of games, it seems fate lies in the hands of technology. We have proven 128bit games can be worse than those made on retro arcade. But now it seems, people are manipulated by eye candy, not the gameplay. I know this has been commented on before, but how can we call the future of games better than the previous ones, just because they have more polygons on screen. A little advice for game designers.. Spend the multi million pound budget on making the game playable, not just good to look at.
I don't want USB ports, broad band modems, and powerful CPU's, unless they are there not only for the looks, but for the gameplay.

Just my opinion, please feel free to comment upon this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.