GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has everyone forgot about this?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/02/01 at 21:23
Regular
The Future of gaming, the first thing people think of when this subject is raised it the X-Box, PS3 and the Gamecube. I have to admit I always think of these 3 consoles that I'm sure will be great but has everyone forgot about Virtual Reality.

I believe if people are talking about future gaming, they shouldnt be talking about the X-Box and the Gamecube's, even though these are future games machines are going to be great, I would be more interested in seeing the addition of other topics showing up in this section, things that dont come to the mind straight away.

Surely all consoles will become obsolete one day to VR or adapt there selves to become compatable with this technology. Although that this technology is pretty basic at the moment, in years to come it will seem like real life so you will think that you are blowing up a midgar reactor or you are a sniper trying to assassinate the president of Cuba or something but you will be in the comfort of your own home.

I believe that once VR has been mastered and it will seem 100% real, as soon as this has been achieved something else will come onto the market which will stomp on VR's grave. It will be like the step from spectrum/amiga to nintendo/master system. The dawn of consoles rocked the market and soon enough the introduction of VR will shake the market and the likes of the PSX and the N64 will be long forgotten.

People will read this and think, 'nah, the psx will live on forever and will never be forgotten' and I understand that but I can remember when my dad paid £100 for a spectrum +3 about 10 years ago and thought, 'this rulez, I will never get bored of this as long as I live!!' this happened with my NES and SNES and soon enough it will happen to my beloved psx, its just a matter of time before it happens.
Mon 26/02/01 at 21:23
The Future of gaming, the first thing people think of when this subject is raised it the X-Box, PS3 and the Gamecube. I have to admit I always think of these 3 consoles that I'm sure will be great but has everyone forgot about Virtual Reality.

I believe if people are talking about future gaming, they shouldnt be talking about the X-Box and the Gamecube's, even though these are future games machines are going to be great, I would be more interested in seeing the addition of other topics showing up in this section, things that dont come to the mind straight away.

Surely all consoles will become obsolete one day to VR or adapt there selves to become compatable with this technology. Although that this technology is pretty basic at the moment, in years to come it will seem like real life so you will think that you are blowing up a midgar reactor or you are a sniper trying to assassinate the president of Cuba or something but you will be in the comfort of your own home.

I believe that once VR has been mastered and it will seem 100% real, as soon as this has been achieved something else will come onto the market which will stomp on VR's grave. It will be like the step from spectrum/amiga to nintendo/master system. The dawn of consoles rocked the market and soon enough the introduction of VR will shake the market and the likes of the PSX and the N64 will be long forgotten.

People will read this and think, 'nah, the psx will live on forever and will never be forgotten' and I understand that but I can remember when my dad paid £100 for a spectrum +3 about 10 years ago and thought, 'this rulez, I will never get bored of this as long as I live!!' this happened with my NES and SNES and soon enough it will happen to my beloved psx, its just a matter of time before it happens.
Mon 26/02/01 at 21:37
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Just before we plug ourselves in eXistenZ style!

SonicRav
Tue 27/02/01 at 13:24
Regular
Back to talking about gamung okay!
Tue 27/02/01 at 23:01
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
But what console will adopt VR technology first?

Wed 28/02/01 at 19:56
I think that sega or nintendo might adopt this to try and resurect their consoles
Wed 28/02/01 at 20:11
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
SNIPER wrote:
> Back to talking about gamung okay!

What's gamung? Is it like a gay mong?
Wed 28/02/01 at 20:52
Regular
Duh! Gaming.
Wed 28/02/01 at 20:59
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> But what console will adopt VR technology first?

The virtualboy

The first console to actually be 32-bit bit fitted over your head!

although it gave everyone epileptic headaches and migranes.

I think it will be a while before VR comes into place!

You'd need carts instead of CD's so that skipping doesn't happen.

Or maybe just a small microchip that you plug into the side!

Wed 28/02/01 at 21:07
Regular
The Virtual Boy wasn't Virtual Reality Edgy... it was a crap screen stuck over your eyes.

Mind you...
Wed 28/02/01 at 21:12
no wonder VR hasnt took off, the people who took it up first, VR will be great but not when you have some crappy screan over your face with the graphics of the Sega Master System, not cheekin the master system or nothing

Atomic_Koala

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.