GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Found out my mate has cancer..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
"That's right!"
First day back to college, first time seeing all my mates there for 6 weeks (apart from a few phone calls/MSN chats) After a short talk from our tutor, we were allowed out to the garden (the two halves of the campus are basically big squares, with gardens in the middle, two gardens in each half) where we talk/smoke on our breaks.

Gave my mate Mick my MP3 player, as I had put the theme from Masters of the Universe on it for him, since he loves that film. Said it was just what he needed to cheer him up, so I asked him what he meant. Talked a bit, told me he has testicular cancer, and had only found out about a month or so earlier.

His mate had been messing on over the holiday and hit him in the balls. Says it hurt more than usual (which must be quite a lot then) and it was still hurting for weeks after, so he had it checked out. After some checks/scans, they told him he had cancer. That must've sucked.

Tomorrow he's off to get one lopped off. Yes, one of his balls is going. He's more worried about not waking up from the anesthetic than the fact he has cancer, and has taken it really well (which isn't a surprise, knowing him) We joked about him dying and leaving me all his stuff, which was better than talking about death seriously, something I don't think either of us wanted to do.

His mobile doesn't work right now, I don't know his home number (he's moved about a lot) and he'll be in hospital over night, so I won't hear how it went for a few days (he lives down in Sunderland, can't exactly drop by, I don't even know where he lives in the city) and he doesn't know how long it'll be until he's back. Hope he's OK.

My mate The Wal had an op on HIS balls the other day, to remove a cyst. Nothing dangerous, but he too was worried about not waking up after it.

And to make things worse? I think I found "something" down below the other week, and I had a dull ache in my balls for a few minutes today, exactly where I found whatever the hell it is. Gonna wait a bit, then most likely get it checked out.

I tell ya, we're cursed down below.
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:13
Regular
"That's right!"
Thanks.

Just as I thought, my mate hasn't phoned me. I said that if he doesn't phone me when he gets out of hospital, I'll assume the worst - that he's dead. Damn him for playing with my emotions! Heh.
Thu 11/09/03 at 19:58
Regular
"cachoo"
I really feel for you Mojojojo, I can totally understand how you must be feeling. Not nice, is it?! I found out too the day that a relative has stomach cancer and has spread to his liver. Very sad.
But wish you and your friend the best! c:)
Wed 10/09/03 at 19:48
Regular
"M4ke Luv"
I cant imagine a mate having cancer, it must be terrible
Wed 10/09/03 at 19:42
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I'm sure it'll all go fine. They're young and testicular cancer has an excellent survival rate. The anaesthetic isn't as scary as it can look sometimes on telly and once it goes in he wont have time to be worried he'll be sound asleep so fast!

As for yourself, see a doctor if you're worried. The sooner you know whats going on the better. Waiting is never a good idea.
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:13
"Worf son of mogue"
I'm sure the doctor can pull it off, and the opperation.
*laughs*
Wed 10/09/03 at 09:09
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Hope the op goes well for your mate. Fingers duly crossed.
Wed 10/09/03 at 08:47
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Testicular cancer has one of the largest survial rates of all cancers at above 95% if its treated early. Even Testicular tumours which are found in later stages have a 75% survial rate. Thats loads higher than most cancers.

As for finding a cure for Cancer, Cancer isn'r really one disease that is going to be cured by one treatment, there are loads of different diseases lumped together because of common themes. We may not have found a cure for cancer yet, but the survival rates for loads of types have cancer has massively imcreased, even over the past few years.

A good site for more reading if your interested is http://tcrc.acor.org/
Wed 10/09/03 at 01:03
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
I too found "something down there about a month ago and had a dull pain, got it checked right away, just turn out to be some tube that curls and can feel like a lump sometimes, but he assured me thats suppose to be there.

He said the pain was probably to do with "too much intercourse" and i tried my best not the laugh when he said it as the way he said it sounded hilarious, so my girl and i cut down a bit and the pain went away.

But alls well now, sorry about your mate and dont worry too much about your bits as i'm sure its nothing.
Tue 09/09/03 at 22:54
Regular
"That's right!"
"Just one question - Why post this in here?"

Why not? It was quite a shock. And it's made a lot of people think about cancer themselves, I know it's certainly made me more cautious.
Tue 09/09/03 at 22:50
Regular
"I'm Great."
Like those before me I wish you all the best and hope is goes alright for both of you. Never a good thing to happen to anybody.

I think most of us know atleast one person that has had or has cancer. I know that one of my friends Mam's has (goin well for now as far as I know) and the lady across the road recently died from it. Cancer really is one of the suckiest things ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.