GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"distorted lines"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/09/03 at 20:29
Regular
i have distorted lines going down my monitor they appear sometimes half way through a game i have a radeon 9800 pro g/c what can i do step by step instructiond would be apppreciated.
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:33
Regular
open gl pref was always on direct 3d was application preference so i turned to always on ty and no you cant have my card lol
Tue 09/09/03 at 17:29
Regular
i think its ok now dont need a new one now i have 1 of fastest available:)
Mon 08/09/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Its in the settings on OpenGL and Direct 3D in the settings for the graphics card where Turbonutter said.

There is an option on both to have vertical sync always on. The game your playing should have a option somewhere to turn on vertical sync.
Mon 08/09/03 at 21:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You are experiencing an effect known as tearing. It occurs when your graphics card updates out of sync with your monitor.

To fix it you need to try and find an option on the advanced properties that relates to H-Sync/V-Sync or syncing refresh rates etc and turn it on. I can't help you further than telling you the advanced properties are in Right click on Desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced.

And in return for helping you, may I have your graphics card? :-P
Mon 08/09/03 at 21:39
Regular
"relocated"
That made me larf.

A better plan, though, would be to order a new PC on the internet BEFORE you throw your old one away: they are generally cheaper and better than the ones in Tescos, which tend to have crumbs inside.
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:58
Regular
"bing bang bong"
1. Unplug computer
2. Put computer in back of car
3. Drive car to rubbish dump
4. Drop computer off at rubbish dump
5. Drive to Tescos
6. Buy new computer

Alternatively

1. Give more information
Mon 08/09/03 at 20:29
Regular
i have distorted lines going down my monitor they appear sometimes half way through a game i have a radeon 9800 pro g/c what can i do step by step instructiond would be apppreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.