GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turkish FA to sell tickets to England fans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/09/03 at 16:56
Regular
http://www.football365.com/ (SPACE) All_News/Breaking_News/story_80507.shtml

Okay, this story is from the News of the world which speaks more crap than arsene wenger but if there is any substance in it, i think it is quite a good idea from the turks.

The english FA dont wont the fans to travel becasue they risk the possibility of being kicked out of Euro 2004, which would therefore allow Turkey to qualify by defualt if England actually win/draw the game out there.

Genius.
Sun 07/09/03 at 16:56
Regular
http://www.football365.com/ (SPACE) All_News/Breaking_News/story_80507.shtml

Okay, this story is from the News of the world which speaks more crap than arsene wenger but if there is any substance in it, i think it is quite a good idea from the turks.

The english FA dont wont the fans to travel becasue they risk the possibility of being kicked out of Euro 2004, which would therefore allow Turkey to qualify by defualt if England actually win/draw the game out there.

Genius.
Sun 07/09/03 at 18:53
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
This is a real predicament for the FA. I personally think that it is best to limit the number of England fans going to Turkey: If there are only around 200, then there will be few problems. But then, if none come, there will be no problems.
Sun 07/09/03 at 19:26
Regular
"Baros!!!"
The FA can't stop fans from travelling to the game as it's a free country, but it would be stupid if fans were to travel to Turkey to watch the match.

Turkey is a very dangerous place, and we all remember the Galataray fans stabbing and killing a few of the Chelsea and Leeds fans.

Even when Turkey came to England, they were trying to cause a fight and even the players were making death freats to our fans.
Sun 07/09/03 at 20:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've got a very bad feeling about this. Can't Turkey be nice to opposing fans for once?
Sun 07/09/03 at 21:15
Regular
don't worry chelsea have got some of the bekistas boys coming over here in a bit. we'll give them a good sorting out!lol
Sun 07/09/03 at 22:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ashley wrote:
> don't worry chelsea have got some of the bekistas boys coming over
> here in a bit. they'll give us a good sorting out!lol

---

Edited that for you.

;-)
Sun 07/09/03 at 22:27
Regular
Chelsea have a good hooligan squad.
Mon 08/09/03 at 10:58
Regular
"thegodfather"
Maybe there should be some kind of system to keep all our travelling supporters together, surely it wouldn't take that much organizing by the F.A.
Fly ticket holders out together,coach to the ground, then straight back after the match.
This way you don't have groups wandering around town all day long which is where a lot of the problems start.
The down side is freedom of movement for people,but if they only want to go and watch the match and not site seeing or causing trouble this should not be a problem for genuine fans.
They can't really control people who are already on holiday in Turkey, or go and buy black market tickets which is big business unfortunately.
Mon 08/09/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
This is a big lose-lose situation really. There's going to be some major trouble there no matter if England have an official ticket allocation or not.
The sad thing is, there are genuine fans who would like to go out and watch the match and not cause any trouble, but there is that element who will go just for the fight.
Mon 08/09/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyone who decides to actually buy tickets for the turkey game and travel out there is very stupid in my opinion or has a death wish. A game of football is no excuse for risking your life over as if people do go out there with the turks attitude and past histories there will be casualties.
All of this because of a sport, stupid really. Now if it was basketball i could understand all this hassle :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.