GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"David Bland"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/09/03 at 10:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I was reading through the other topic, but I thought I'd make my own because I prefer to call him by this name.

Just to clear up a few facts about the Blandster and his stunts:

He spent 36 hours up a pole. Hardly amazing.

He was meant to fake his death at the end of it, but it was leaked to the press - that's why I reckon he's going to be "dead" at the end of this one.

44 days is nothing. UK prisoners of war in Iraq during the first Gulf war had to endure far longer times in solitary confinement. There are even reports of Irish hunger-srtikers going 70+ days in prison and recovering well afterwards.

This box thing is an exercise in sensory deprevation. A clear box. Above the Thames. Thousands of people watching him and millions passing by every day. What senses are he depriving exactly?

This whole thing stinks of hype and back-slapping to me. $5 million for just over a month of his life? He'll be back hanging out with Leonardo DiCaprio and having threesomes with groupies in no time.
Sat 06/09/03 at 10:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I was reading through the other topic, but I thought I'd make my own because I prefer to call him by this name.

Just to clear up a few facts about the Blandster and his stunts:

He spent 36 hours up a pole. Hardly amazing.

He was meant to fake his death at the end of it, but it was leaked to the press - that's why I reckon he's going to be "dead" at the end of this one.

44 days is nothing. UK prisoners of war in Iraq during the first Gulf war had to endure far longer times in solitary confinement. There are even reports of Irish hunger-srtikers going 70+ days in prison and recovering well afterwards.

This box thing is an exercise in sensory deprevation. A clear box. Above the Thames. Thousands of people watching him and millions passing by every day. What senses are he depriving exactly?

This whole thing stinks of hype and back-slapping to me. $5 million for just over a month of his life? He'll be back hanging out with Leonardo DiCaprio and having threesomes with groupies in no time.
Sat 06/09/03 at 10:29
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yeah. What's all the hype about? All you can see is a bloody box with him in it. It isn't like he's facing fear.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:01
Regular
"Not a Jew"
monkey_man wrote:
> 44 days is nothing. UK prisoners of war in Iraq during the first
> Gulf war had to endure far longer times in solitary confinement.
> There are even reports of Irish hunger-srtikers going 70+ days in
> prison and recovering well afterwards.

The longet was a guy named Lwrence McKeon, who lasted for exactly 70 days before he fell into a coma. He recovered though, like you said.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:02
Regular
"2+2 is 3 yeah?"
Twain wrote:
> Yeah. What's all the hype about? All you can see is a bloody box with
> him in it. It isn't like he's facing fear.

i gotta disagree he is mad and u no it
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:06
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
jackster wrote:
> Twain wrote:
> Yeah. What's all the hype about? All you can see is a bloody box
> with
> him in it. It isn't like he's facing fear.
>
>
> i gotta disagree he is mad and u no it

I could do that easily. I wouldn't stay there for as long as he does, but it isn't scarey to do that.
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:12
Well you do it then!
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:14
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Yeah Twain, just ask David Blaine if you can borrow all the gear for a while, and ask CHannel 4 to view you.

*Slaps forehead*
Sat 06/09/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Oh, and you'd probably have to get permission from the City of London, and the Police and stuff.

English Bloke?
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Someone else should clearly get their own box and hang it next to his, and then last a couple of days longer.
THEN he would look stupid(er)
No Azul i was actually talking to Monkey_man.

If he says it is not that hard, then he should try it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.