GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"David Bland"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/09/03 at 10:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I was reading through the other topic, but I thought I'd make my own because I prefer to call him by this name.

Just to clear up a few facts about the Blandster and his stunts:

He spent 36 hours up a pole. Hardly amazing.

He was meant to fake his death at the end of it, but it was leaked to the press - that's why I reckon he's going to be "dead" at the end of this one.

44 days is nothing. UK prisoners of war in Iraq during the first Gulf war had to endure far longer times in solitary confinement. There are even reports of Irish hunger-srtikers going 70+ days in prison and recovering well afterwards.

This box thing is an exercise in sensory deprevation. A clear box. Above the Thames. Thousands of people watching him and millions passing by every day. What senses are he depriving exactly?

This whole thing stinks of hype and back-slapping to me. $5 million for just over a month of his life? He'll be back hanging out with Leonardo DiCaprio and having threesomes with groupies in no time.
Sun 07/09/03 at 13:30
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> The point is how long he is staying up there... I'm guessing the
> distance from the ground is just to stop him from getting food from
> people.

I guess so. I'd do it for the thrill but I'd probably stop the minute I got hungry!
Sat 06/09/03 at 22:28
Regular
The longest time I've went without food is about 12 days, I had a bit of bread and soup during this time, which gave me another few hours with my head over the toilet, throwing up everything I'd eaten. And I was only 12 and unprepared.

Worst 11 days of my life (The first was OK as I wasn't that hungry and just watched TV all day)
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:59
Regular
"may contain nuts"
monkey_man wrote:
> Hopefuly he'll go mental and then it'll actually get entertaining.

Too True!
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:35
Regular
"\\"
mikelar wrote:
> they should hang the box by a rope thats on fire and he has to escape
> before it burns RIGHT through WHILST doing the 44 day hunger strike.
> i'd watch.

It'd have to be a thick rope... or a very pathetic fire which would spread very quickly anyway so it's just about improssible :D
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Selected"
they should hang the box by a rope thats on fire and he has to escape before it burns RIGHT through WHILST doing the 44 day hunger strike. i'd watch.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I have to agree and disagree with this.

Although it's most definatly a media stunt, an attempt to get rich and fame, it's not exactly an easy task.

People in the Gulf have been through similar if not worse but they are trained for that sort of thing.

David Blane's idea is probabaly something he dreamt about rather than prepare for something like this and thought "why not"

I wouldn't be surprised if thats how he came up with the idea in the first place, but I certainly couldn't comtemplate doing it and I very much doubt many other's would, unless they 'had to' for some bizarre reason.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:28
Regular
"\\"
monkey_man wrote:
> Hopefuly he'll go mental and then it'll actually get entertaining.

They say the halucinations will start after 3 weeks... seriously!
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hopefuly he'll go mental and then it'll actually get entertaining.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:21
I just went on sky one quickly and looked at him, he looks so SO bored, and who can blame him.
He has only been in there about 15 hours.
Sat 06/09/03 at 12:16
Regular
"may contain nuts"
attention seeking you mean?

He may be just after fame and fortune and a place in history but you have to admire him in some ways for pushing himself to the limit, unless he is cheating by putting nutrients in the water.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.