GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fox Wants Ideas For New Comedy Animation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/03 at 16:28
Regular
Strangely enough the Fox Network seem to be short on comedy animation shows (Futurama/Family Guy?). So they're searching for new cartoon series ideas, scripts, characters and layouts in a program ironically called Pitch-o-rama.

Attention animators, writers, artists, and students: Here’s your chance to pitch your ideas to a major network in FOX’s first-ever “Pitch-O-Rama.” Creative individuals who have a fresh, innovative idea for an animated comedy show are encouraged to submit their material together with a signed release form. Each individual may submit no more than two projects and each project must be submitted separately and accompanied by a separate release form.

Your idea could become the next FOX hit. Good luck!
-- END QUOTE

You have to be 18 or over, a resident of the United States and have something to send in by 22nd September 2003. www.fox.com/pitchorama/ They're also covering their butts with a..

"I understand and acknowledge that you and your employees have access to, may create or have created, literary materials and ideas which may be similar or identical to the Material in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. I agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use of any such similar or identical material that may have been independently created by you or any of your employees or may have come to you or such employee from any other independent source, whether before or after the date of this Agreement."
-- END QUOTE

On the subject of comedy series, Futurama and Family Guy are doing extremely well with DVD sales around the world and high raitings on Cartoon Network (America). Good sales figures could lead to a return to our screens (as the makers are quoted as saying).

Why ask for new ideas after dropping Futurama and Family Guy I have no idea, stupid Fox . ~_~
Wed 03/09/03 at 16:28
Regular
Strangely enough the Fox Network seem to be short on comedy animation shows (Futurama/Family Guy?). So they're searching for new cartoon series ideas, scripts, characters and layouts in a program ironically called Pitch-o-rama.

Attention animators, writers, artists, and students: Here’s your chance to pitch your ideas to a major network in FOX’s first-ever “Pitch-O-Rama.” Creative individuals who have a fresh, innovative idea for an animated comedy show are encouraged to submit their material together with a signed release form. Each individual may submit no more than two projects and each project must be submitted separately and accompanied by a separate release form.

Your idea could become the next FOX hit. Good luck!
-- END QUOTE

You have to be 18 or over, a resident of the United States and have something to send in by 22nd September 2003. www.fox.com/pitchorama/ They're also covering their butts with a..

"I understand and acknowledge that you and your employees have access to, may create or have created, literary materials and ideas which may be similar or identical to the Material in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. I agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use of any such similar or identical material that may have been independently created by you or any of your employees or may have come to you or such employee from any other independent source, whether before or after the date of this Agreement."
-- END QUOTE

On the subject of comedy series, Futurama and Family Guy are doing extremely well with DVD sales around the world and high raitings on Cartoon Network (America). Good sales figures could lead to a return to our screens (as the makers are quoted as saying).

Why ask for new ideas after dropping Futurama and Family Guy I have no idea, stupid Fox . ~_~
Wed 03/09/03 at 16:44
"Darth Vader 3442321"
kittworld wrote:

> You have to be 18 or over, a resident of the United States

Do they have dumbasses where you come from?
Wed 03/09/03 at 16:48
Regular
w00t
Wed 03/09/03 at 16:49
Regular
The sagacious one wrote:
> kittworld wrote:
>
>
> Do they have dumbasses where you come from?

No need to be a retard, I just put that in so people are aware they can't enter ^__^ thanks for the constructive reply though, as pointless as it's author. XD
Wed 03/09/03 at 17:09
"Darth Vader 3442321"
kittworld wrote:
> The sagacious one wrote:
> kittworld wrote:
>
>
>
> No need to be a retard, I just put that in so people are aware they
> can't enter ^__^ thanks for the constructive reply though, as
> pointless as it's author. XD

And I ask myself do we care?
Wed 03/09/03 at 17:13
Regular
You suffer from multipule personalities o_0, cared enough to waste your time on making a reply. ^____^
Wed 03/09/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Maybe "Fox" are being "cunning"?

See what I did there :D
Wed 03/09/03 at 17:19
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The sagacious one wrote:
> kittworld wrote:
>
>

Actually I'll admitt that I'm the dumbas$. It's just you get so many posts from first time posters asking you to enter shiite or do those blooming pyramid schemes; I simply took exception the first chance I could and posted.

I apologise.
Wed 03/09/03 at 17:27
Regular
Well I have been posting on and off for 1244 days ^___^ but this was more of a "how dare Fox ask for new show ideas and dump decent shows like Futurama and Family Guy", not trying to get anyone to enter infact the opposite. My apologises for my comments.

I guess Fox want to have a lot more control over a show like they do with the Simpsons. With Futurama Matt kept a lot of control and might explain why Fox werent so keen to ask for new episodes.
Wed 03/09/03 at 17:36
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I love Futurama and can't understand why the are axing for it to be taken off the air (see the subtle humour eh eh?). You could well be right, it may be an issue of control or FOX simply thought they'd have a "Simpsons is space".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.