GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 in third place"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/02/01 at 13:16
Regular
Don't Playstation know how to advertise, lets put a duck, a man with a hand sticking out of his mouth, a mummy and basically the biggest pile of crap i've ever watched.

In America it was no difference, The playstation 9 demo now i'm starting to think maybe nintendo aren't that bad at advertising.

Secondly the PS3 well done sony you have just caused the possible downfall of the PS2 and now people are thinking maybe the PS9 isn't such a joke.

Thirdly can you please do something origonal. I'll bet the PS3 will have the same controller as always as well as the same games. What i admire in Sega and Nintendo is the way they make a completley new experience each time they bring out a new console largly thanks to knew controll systems which create new and origonal games.

Also the Sega Megadrive 2 was a simple upgrade to the Megadrive while the Playstation 2 seems to be the same thing.
Sun 25/02/01 at 13:16
Regular
Don't Playstation know how to advertise, lets put a duck, a man with a hand sticking out of his mouth, a mummy and basically the biggest pile of crap i've ever watched.

In America it was no difference, The playstation 9 demo now i'm starting to think maybe nintendo aren't that bad at advertising.

Secondly the PS3 well done sony you have just caused the possible downfall of the PS2 and now people are thinking maybe the PS9 isn't such a joke.

Thirdly can you please do something origonal. I'll bet the PS3 will have the same controller as always as well as the same games. What i admire in Sega and Nintendo is the way they make a completley new experience each time they bring out a new console largly thanks to knew controll systems which create new and origonal games.

Also the Sega Megadrive 2 was a simple upgrade to the Megadrive while the Playstation 2 seems to be the same thing.
Sun 25/02/01 at 13:18
That advert was tacky, worst than a couple of kids throwing stones at a boy listening to Robbie Williams. :0)
Sun 25/02/01 at 16:56
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Image the most bring french lesson ever- everyone silent with heads down do some translating. Then, from the back of the room, the class idiot does his best to imitate the sound of a woman shoved in a cupboard by the PR people from sony and having a gun to her heaed... as says:

"Playstation 2... the third place"

Originality at it's best!

SonicRav
Sun 25/02/01 at 21:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
Dringo wrote:
> Don't Playstation know how to advertise, lets put a duck, a man with
> a hand sticking out of his mouth, a mummy and basically the biggest
> pile of crap i've ever watched.

In America it was no difference,
> The playstation 9 demo now i'm starting to think maybe nintendo
> aren't that bad at advertising.

Secondly the PS3 well done sony
> you have just caused the possible downfall of the PS2 and now people
> are thinking maybe the PS9 isn't such a joke.

Thirdly can you
> please do something origonal. I'll bet the PS3 will have the same
> controller as always as well as the same games. What i admire in
> Sega and Nintendo is the way they make a completley new experience
> each time they bring out a new console largly thanks to knew
> controll systems which create new and origonal games.

Also the
> Sega Megadrive 2 was a simple upgrade to the Megadrive while the
> Playstation 2 seems to be the same thing.

Yeah, the advert was poor, but OH NO!!!

PS2 is NOT an update, it's a new console with new games and the new DVD player. Nuff said.
Mon 26/02/01 at 19:20
Regular
We don't get along too well now do we Ant but i was talking about the lack of origonality. New games are great and so are sequals but the games i played on the PS2 just seem like the same old PS games with upgraded graphics and the same controller and the great new name (can sony create anything without a number in it) doesn't seem enougth for me to buy the PS2 i'm happy with my PS and 64 and i'll get a Gamecube.
Mon 26/02/01 at 19:41
Hmmm, an excellent opportunity for you to get yourself a copy of MS Word - with a spell check.
Anyway, I haven't seen any PS2 adverts at all - other than a blue dot and the aforementioned business duck.

I sincerely hope Sega start producing some games for the PS2 soon (or just port the Dreamcast games on to it) because there only seems to be one title causing a positive stir, and that's SSX - not my favourite genre of game.

I can't help but think the PS2 is going the way of the Saturn in terms of 'not good enough games' but it can't fail.

Let's pray that Microsoft have something other than Munch world up their sleeve!
Mon 26/02/01 at 20:47
the third place my *** more like broke place,how the hell can gamers afford two good consoles in a 2 years,first we had the dreamcast with its amazing titles and now we have the ps2 finally dishing out games it finall y said it would,After the dismal launch they finall y get their act together and give us some quality software.........well let that sony machine keep rollin
Tue 27/02/01 at 21:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
Dringo wrote:
> We don't get along too well now do we Ant but i was talking about
> the lack of origonality. New games are great and so are sequals but
> the games i played on the PS2 just seem like the same old PS games
> with upgraded graphics and the same controller and the great new
> name (can sony create anything without a number in it) doesn't seem
> enougth for me to buy the PS2 i'm happy with my PS and 64 and i'll
> get a Gamecube.

We get along fine, we just....disagree on matters

I don't not like you, mate, I'm just a very sarcastic person!! {:)
Wed 28/02/01 at 08:38
Regular
"not dead"
Fubu wrote:
> That advert was tacky, worst than a couple of kids throwing stones
> at a boy listening to Robbie Williams. :0)

No wonder the Dreamcast never sold if it encouraged you to throw stones at little boys! :-p
Thu 01/03/01 at 19:17
Regular
I don't not like
> you, mate, I'm just a very sarcastic person!! {:)

I Know you don't hate me i'm just thinking we rarely agree also sarcasm doesn't work in text!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.