GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EDUCATION GAMING!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/02/01 at 11:35
Regular
Don't let the title put you off on this one, but my idea is that in the future children should be taught through computer games!

Now I am not saying that it should involve everything, but I have been there through the school days, all it was, was boring old teachers talking about=

"If Grix had 6 gameaday wins, and SHEEPY had 4 how many would SHEEPY need to be equal?" - BORING!

Now here is the idea, children have computers to help them learn! Have computer games in school that do stuff like shoot five spaceships down! place the objects in their category by using a crane or something!

Now I know most of you are saying that they have these kinda programs out, BUT they do not use them in schools! I should know I was deprived as a young child at primary school, I was allowed to go on an apple mac computer once every three months!

So this idea will make the kids excited about going to school, cause they get to play computer games BUT at the same time they are learning in some way! I am telling you this would brighten up the kids days and could make them learn better!

I should become Education Minister SHEEPY! thanks for reading!
Sun 25/02/01 at 11:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Don't let the title put you off on this one, but my idea is that in the future children should be taught through computer games!

Now I am not saying that it should involve everything, but I have been there through the school days, all it was, was boring old teachers talking about=

"If Grix had 6 gameaday wins, and SHEEPY had 4 how many would SHEEPY need to be equal?" - BORING!

Now here is the idea, children have computers to help them learn! Have computer games in school that do stuff like shoot five spaceships down! place the objects in their category by using a crane or something!

Now I know most of you are saying that they have these kinda programs out, BUT they do not use them in schools! I should know I was deprived as a young child at primary school, I was allowed to go on an apple mac computer once every three months!

So this idea will make the kids excited about going to school, cause they get to play computer games BUT at the same time they are learning in some way! I am telling you this would brighten up the kids days and could make them learn better!

I should become Education Minister SHEEPY! thanks for reading!
Sun 25/02/01 at 11:37
Ahhh.... the old apple Mac, I remember A game called Crystal Maze, and my teacher Mr wong, those were the days...
Sun 25/02/01 at 11:43
Regular
Primeminister dringo: Sheepy millions of adults are now paying to go back into school to get a better education well done and how is your henry the 8th game coming along

Sheepy: it is great an RPG where you marry 6 wives and have to get rid of them one way or another it's great

Primeminister dringo: and what about the World War stuff

Sheepy: well you live the life of a brit with realistic scenery of a battle field and you can relive the battle of the somme or the invasion of poland and you get too kill Nazis it'll be really popular.

Primeminister dringo: Well i'll have to check that they are sutible

And with that the primeminister becomes the educational games tester.
Sun 25/02/01 at 12:07
Regular
Sun 25/02/01 at 12:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Me also Edgy! trying to talk about Education!

AHHHHHHHHHH my brain is going to explode, I have Physics homework to do!

POWER OF THE SHEEP
Sun 25/02/01 at 14:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I should become Education Minister SHEEPY!

I would change my name to it for a laugh, but everytime i change my name i can never get it back1

POWER OF THE SHEEP
Sun 25/02/01 at 15:45
I remember the old games we played at school, back in the old days...it involved grid co-ordinates and boats and stuff basically you had to save the environment and stop the oil slick reaching the beach! More fun than normal lessons though!

However alot of the lessons couldnt be taught through Computers with state of the art graphics, History particularly would be 18 rated!
Mon 26/02/01 at 15:54
Regular
I had that game Fubu... but never could do any of the physical games...
Mon 26/02/01 at 15:55
Regular
Sheepy heard this all before you know.
Mon 26/02/01 at 16:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
SNIPER wrote:
> Sheepy heard this all before you know.

When, well I don't copy if that is what you are suggesting!

Anyway you know all about coping don't you SNIPER :P

POWER OF THE SHEEP

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.