GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battle Royale."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/03 at 20:26
Regular
Ok there have been numerous posts recently about this and its sequel and yes I am a real BR fanatic. I love everything about the film cause its so bloody good.

Not because of the violence and everything - Its a real cinematic masterpiece. Hollywood needs to learn from those Japs!

Anyway this post aint about the movie.

Its about the book the film was based on.

Due to going on holiday to Ibiza last week - I thought i'd take a book to read so I chose Battle Royale by Koshun Takami. I read it all within a week.

Its absolutely brilliant - BRILLIANT I TELLS YER. Its so good i'd go as far as saying the book is better then the film! Captivating and interesting it held me for hours. It has so much more then the film has to offer - Even a car chase!

Character development is well implemented and deaths are very detailed. I loved every page of it and so should you - If you can get your head around the japanese names you'll truly enjoy it.

The evilness that is created around Kazuo Kiriyama is great - You get to really hate him at times.

Highly reccomended.

£8.99 from amazon.
Tue 02/09/03 at 16:10
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> Anyone here get the Battle Royale special edition two DVD set? If so
> what was the alternate ending? Was it any good?

Its not really an alternate ending as such - Just a few clips to let you get to know the characters backgrounds a bit more. It's still worth it though in my opinion.

And again - I repeat. The book is excellent. Its worth a read - Definatly. There's is soooooooo much more then the film in there - And that bit with the 'toilet-lure' is pure genius.

I bought it off amazon for £8.99
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:12
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Yep. I have the original edition and the Special tin set :0)

The "alternate" ending is a series of requiems that show more about the characters, so not really alternate. I'll transcript the subs some time and post em.

Still, an amazing DVD with LOADS of extras. Over 2 hours in total :0)

Pity that the print has some terrible ghosting on :0(
Tue 02/09/03 at 14:05
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Anyone here get the Battle Royale special edition two DVD set? If so what was the alternate ending? Was it any good?
Tue 02/09/03 at 13:33
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
gamezfreak wrote:
Kiriyama is great - You get
> to really hate him at times.

Why thank you :0P
Tue 02/09/03 at 13:30
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Kiriyama is great - You get to really hate him at times.

*wry smile*
Tue 02/09/03 at 13:28
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Yeah, the book rules from what I've read online. Especially pleased they used the danger zones (that thing with Kiriyama luring him was superb :0D) and the fact that you learn more about Kiriyama is good. Also helps with my theory that Kawada added himself to the BR roster in the film in order to ensure that the BR system would fail.

Ooh, only...wait. Amazon have it for £75.00 :0|

It's normally a fiver. Might mail em aboot that :0D
Tue 02/09/03 at 12:08
Regular
*pop*
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:26
Regular
Ok there have been numerous posts recently about this and its sequel and yes I am a real BR fanatic. I love everything about the film cause its so bloody good.

Not because of the violence and everything - Its a real cinematic masterpiece. Hollywood needs to learn from those Japs!

Anyway this post aint about the movie.

Its about the book the film was based on.

Due to going on holiday to Ibiza last week - I thought i'd take a book to read so I chose Battle Royale by Koshun Takami. I read it all within a week.

Its absolutely brilliant - BRILLIANT I TELLS YER. Its so good i'd go as far as saying the book is better then the film! Captivating and interesting it held me for hours. It has so much more then the film has to offer - Even a car chase!

Character development is well implemented and deaths are very detailed. I loved every page of it and so should you - If you can get your head around the japanese names you'll truly enjoy it.

The evilness that is created around Kazuo Kiriyama is great - You get to really hate him at times.

Highly reccomended.

£8.99 from amazon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.