GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"please help me!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/08/03 at 16:30
Regular
i want to be able to download lots of movies games movies and books off the internet as buying them out the shops it too expensive for my low budget family who have been having money problems since my mothers death having to pay for the funeral etc. Kazaa doesnt seem to work on my computer neither other free p2p networks i have heard of websites like www.thedownloadplace.com and similar ones but it its too expensive. is there anyone with membership who could share it with me it would help my self esteem and my family not having to buy for my games, movies etc thanks
Mon 01/09/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Belldandy wrote:
> Heh, you're excuses are rubbish lalakersrule, copying games is copying
> games, it's illegal and there is no justification for it one bit.

I wasn't trying to justify it although from the last few lines i guess you can misunderstand the point of my post being that. The point i was making, which is why i quoted a post you made, was to disagree with what you said about the fact that piracy will lead to increased prices which is wrong in my opinion and why i used the Sony example.

>If people want games from other countries they can buy import versions

I agree and that's why most of the time i buy the american versions of games for my PS2. However if someone offers me a game for nothing i'm not going to pay £60 for it in the shops if i can get it right there and then for nothing. Until i'm rich i'll happily keep doing that. May not be justification but it's a reason. (but no offence but it's not that i really need to justify it to anyone)
Sun 31/08/03 at 18:07
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
If people want games from other countries they can buy import versions.
Sun 31/08/03 at 18:06
Regular
Heh, you're excuses are rubbish lalakersrule, copying games is copying games, it's illegal and there is no justification for it one bit.
Sun 31/08/03 at 18:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Belldandy wrote:

> If you pirate them then they will only become more expensive in the
> shops.

Sorry but for once i have to disagree with you there Bell. I very much doubt that if we all were good little citizens and bought all our music, games etc legally then suddenly the prices would start to drop out of the goodness of the producers hearts.
I don't buy that much music or films so i'll concentrate on the gaming aspect. Piracy has been around for ages in the industry. I only really noticed it a few years back when i looked back at my old Amiga 500 collection and noticed that out of the 400+ games i had only 2 were actually legal and the rest were just copies. Nintendo have been slightly better off then other companies like Sony as they used cartridges until recently which weren't really copyable but you could just use an emulator on your PC to run them that way when they became available on the net.
Now Sony since the start of the Playstation have used a disc format starting with CD's and now DVD's and since it's birth there's always been copying of playstation titles. Now the cost of a new Playstation game in 1995 was £40, here we are in 2003 after 8 or so years of pirating and the cost of the game today? £40. So it hasn't increased at all even with threats like the one you've stated Bell that piracy will increase the cost of gaming, music, films etc etc.
Prices in my opinion anyway will stay the same whether there's piracy or not because the companies need to make money so will charge the same price that they can get away with. Plus a big factor is also the big VAT 17.5% we have to pay on everything we buy. Reduce that or better yet scrap it all together (not likely but i can hope) and you probably will see a marked increase in people buying legal versions of things. Until that day though, why pay £40 for a game when you can download the rip of it off the net for FREE and start playing your game about 6 months before people who are waiting for the proper legal release get to play it. Another big reason people get copies. Why wait 6 months when you can play it now?
Sun 31/08/03 at 17:44
Regular
Same here, everything I have will be bought on DVD as soon as it comes out, most of it on release day.
Sun 31/08/03 at 17:09
Regular
I agree.

The only films I download are films that aren't available.

Such as The Matrix Reloaded, I will buy it when it's released, but, I want to watch it now.
Sun 31/08/03 at 16:33
Regular
The low budget family with PC and unlimited internet access ?

If you pirate them then they will only become more expensive in the shops.
Sun 31/08/03 at 16:30
Regular
i want to be able to download lots of movies games movies and books off the internet as buying them out the shops it too expensive for my low budget family who have been having money problems since my mothers death having to pay for the funeral etc. Kazaa doesnt seem to work on my computer neither other free p2p networks i have heard of websites like www.thedownloadplace.com and similar ones but it its too expensive. is there anyone with membership who could share it with me it would help my self esteem and my family not having to buy for my games, movies etc thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.