GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do u think about the WWF?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/02/01 at 18:56
Regular
I bet 15 years ago, someone said, 'I wonder if one day millions of people could be captivated by sports entertainment and have events holding thousands of people sell out in the matter of minutes'. The person who would have said that would have been laughed at and ridiculed for a long time to come but look what the world has come to, WWF events selling out all over the USA and tickets going like hot cakes all over Europe and people watch it on the box in 5 different continents. Only a genuis with lady luck on his side could have achieved a multi-million company out of sports entertainmeny, what do you think? Is Vince Mcmahon a genuis or was he just in the right place at the right time?

And also, I am 15 years old and have watched it for about 3 years now, but recently I have started not to be bothered about it and often miss RAW or Smackdown, do you think their is an age barrier where one day you wake up and say to yourself, 'this is fake and why do I watch it' or is it just me?
Sat 24/02/01 at 22:07
Regular
"Back in black"
once again you have a very good point mmature chees, u pay hel lodsa atention to pick em al out though, well done!
Sat 24/02/01 at 21:20
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
The WWF has gone downhill since Summerslam. With Summerslam, the WWF capped off a string of great PPVs (Royal Rumble to Summerslam) with a brilliant PPV. This is mainly because the WWF championship has revolved around good storylines and fueds, like the HHH/Foley fued , the Rock/HHH fued, and the HHH/Jericho fued. Realise HHH is in all of those (probably because he was the champion for most of the time).

The main reason for this great run of PPVs is the lack of people like Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Undertaker. The WWF was able to let the smaller, lesser known, and more talented wrasslers like Jericho and Benoit take the limelight for a change. Notice that as soon as stone cold returned Jericho and Benoit were pushed down from main-eventers to mid-carders. And also, as stone cold returned, the promising Angle VS HHH fued was dropped, with HHH/Austin takeing centre stage.

And note how boring the HHH/Austin fued is. How many good matches have they had since Austin returned? The No Way Out match looks good, but I would be extremely pleased if Austin and HHH stopped the fued after it.

I'd also like to point out that I don't particulary hate Stone Cold, but he has messed up the WWF. He should do as HBK did, and step aside for the new guys.

Bring on Jericho VS The Rock!
Sat 24/02/01 at 19:44
same here, i have been watching it a year or 2 and now when smackdowns on i start to think this is really fake. i mean how is a scoop slam gonna hurt or for that matter any move.
now i just miss raw mostly and when smackdowns on i have it on sky one but i usually play the playstation on another t.v in the room just to see if anythings gonna happen. but i dont think i have grown out of it i have just come to realise its not all what is made out to be and its mostly less fight and more talk.

eminemmad
Sat 24/02/01 at 18:56
I bet 15 years ago, someone said, 'I wonder if one day millions of people could be captivated by sports entertainment and have events holding thousands of people sell out in the matter of minutes'. The person who would have said that would have been laughed at and ridiculed for a long time to come but look what the world has come to, WWF events selling out all over the USA and tickets going like hot cakes all over Europe and people watch it on the box in 5 different continents. Only a genuis with lady luck on his side could have achieved a multi-million company out of sports entertainmeny, what do you think? Is Vince Mcmahon a genuis or was he just in the right place at the right time?

And also, I am 15 years old and have watched it for about 3 years now, but recently I have started not to be bothered about it and often miss RAW or Smackdown, do you think their is an age barrier where one day you wake up and say to yourself, 'this is fake and why do I watch it' or is it just me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.